This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Dave-ee Jones's profile picture

Bass - Password manager that puts it in for you!

Started by Dave-ee Jones, 28 July 2017 - 03:40 AM
Dave-ee Jones #1
Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:40 AM
Hey!

So I was playing around with making a password manager and this happened - a password manager that can detect which password is needed based on the currently running program AND THEN automatically inputs the password for you in the selected textbox - all at the press of a button.

There is a few pieces of config that you can do as well:

bRunAtStartup
Allows you to run the program as the "startup" program.
You enable this and then re-run the program - it will automatically replace the old
startup and rename it "_startup", then run it whenever the computer starts up with
Bass running in the background, waiting for you to press the BUTTON.

fRun
Allows you to choose the program to run, just set the value to the path of the program.
Requires bRunAtStartup to be off.

kPassKey
This is the BUTTON. This button starts the process of detecting the password and putting it in,
so set it to something you will remember (defaut: Left Shift).

bHideInput
Hides any input Bass put into a program, disabling cursor blink and making the colour of the text the same as the background.

bDiskAuth
Waits for a disk to be put in, then reads it for a password. Bass works normally even when this is on, it just checks for a floppy as well.
(Refer to the third post of this forum).

tPasswords
This is a table of the passwords corresponding to their program. There is an example there so you can go off that.

Might be a bit confusing to use at first, but basically all you need to do is put in the password corresponding to the program's path, set "fRun" to the path of the program and then run Bass. Once you've got to the password section press the button (default is Left Shift) and watch the magic ;)/>

PASTEBIN: fnqFjDCH

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS!

I already have a few upgrades in mind but since it's a personal program it should be a bit more customisable and user-friendly, so lemme know what improvements I can make!

YES YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BORROW IDEAS FROM THIS PROGRAM, FOR THOSE WONDERING.
Edited on 03 August 2017 - 05:02 AM
Dave-ee Jones #2
Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:44 AM
Updated, fixing some small issues here and there. No longer has it's own example program inside it, as it was causing problems.

Also added a new variable, "bHideInput", which hides any input that Bass put into the program, making it so others that are viewing the screen cannot see any input, including a cursor blink so they cannot even see the length of the password (if they could in the first place as it inputs it extremely fast..)
Dave-ee Jones #3
Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:59 AM
Updated once again. This time I've added Floppy Disk support. If "bDiskAuth" is true, Bass will also wait for a disk to be inserted. Once a disk has been inserted it will look for a "/bass_password" file which will then be read by Bass and treated as the password to use for the current program (ONLY FOR THAT SESSION, PASSWORD IS FORGOTTEN ONCE THE FLOPPY HAS BEEN REMOVED).

The text colour should also be reset once the password is input. Experimental though, so it may not work.
It broke when I did dat..
Edited on 03 August 2017 - 05:14 AM