This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Noodle's profile picture

OP Computer Plugin?

Started by Noodle, 26 July 2012 - 04:40 PM
Noodle #1
Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:40 PM
Has this been made or is someone willing to make it?

The Idea: OP a turtle/computer ID and it becomes a console? Where you can type /stop or some command like that? It should be easy due to the permissions system when you place a turtle.

Permissions System: Place Turtle, It becomes default user..
auridas330 #2
Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:18 PM
else Chuck Noris = No questions asked
end
Xfel #3
Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:31 PM
I once wrote core code for a peripheral that could issue console commands and chat, but I didn't have the time to make it a real mod. Maybe I'll try again for 1.3.
Noodle #4
Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:08 PM
Yes but I'm not talking about a peripheral. If you make a peripheral and use it on your server, everyone who joins has to download it. I'm talking about a plugin or a built-in example of OP computers.
D3matt #5
Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:25 PM
Definitely not as a standard feature.
Noodle #6
Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:37 AM
Definitely as a standard feature…
You're missing the point. The whole point of this is so you have control to op which computer.
Like: /op computer_ID
And then they will have the ability to do commands with the built-in api
sever.command("fly", "name")
ComputerCraftFan11 #7
Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:11 AM
You can make one with a server manager, but it wont be able to use all commands (for example, /stop.)

I once made a server manager with /op, /ban, /give (not tested), and a command to reset a player's data (using HTTP to connect to a pc controlling the server)

How it will work: You put the server folder inside of a computercraft computer. The computers listens to commands through HTTP(S) and does things like modify the serverfolder/ops.txt to make someone OP. (or reads the server.txt to read the console)
D3matt #8
Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:47 AM
Definitely as a standard feature…
You're missing the point. The whole point of this is so you have control to op which computer.
Like: /op computer_ID
And then they will have the ability to do commands with the built-in api
sever.command("fly", "name")
And then somebody else gets control of your computer and bad things happen. Why can't you just type /fly?