This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DubbelSoftware's profile picture

DeveloperHelper - Helping with your OS

Started by DubbelSoftware, 16 September 2017 - 05:57 PM
DubbelSoftware #1
Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:57 PM
Hello,

This program can help you with creating your own OS. It is very usefull for beginners.

License
Copyright 2017 DubbelSoftware, all rights reserved.

When using my program and/or software you automaticly agree with this license.
Everyone is allowed to change the code, but not to post/upload the changed version. If you are creating/developing a OS or a program that needs my programs and/or software, you need to give a credit. When need to change and use a changed version you can always ask me for a answer.
Nobody is allowed to remove the AUTHORNAME of the program or license. Also we are not liable for damaging your device and/or pc physical and/or visual. This program/software is official of DubbelSoftware and wil never be from someone else.

Usage
Use f1 and f2

Download
You can download it with Flowers (pastebin get xvM1muGc flowers)

flowers DeveloperHelper install
Write it exactly as above. Not working? Check the capital letters.

-DubbelSoftware
Edited on 16 September 2017 - 07:01 PM
Saldor010 #2
Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:02 PM
This is the link to the code for DeveloperHelper if anyone is interested, that way you don't have to actually download it to see it:
https://github.com/D...DeveloperHelper

Also, how exactly does this help someone make an OS?

EDIT: Updated the link to the new one.
Edited on 16 September 2017 - 07:06 PM
Dog #3
Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:35 PM
I hate to be so negative, but your code is not good to learn from - you've got mostly non-localized functions/variables, unnecessary code bits, code that appears to do essentially nothing, and no comments at all.

If someone chooses to use this code as a base for an OS, your license doesn't allow them to change it so essentially all they can do is look at and run your code.

So, I have the same question as Saldor010 - how exactly does this help someone make an OS?
DubbelSoftware #4
Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:08 AM
I hate to be so negative, but your code is not good to learn from - you've got mostly non-localized functions/variables, unnecessary code bits, code that appears to do essentially nothing, and no comments at all.

If someone chooses to use this code as a base for an OS, your license doesn't allow them to change it so essentially all they can do is look at and run your code.

So, I have the same question as Saldor010 - how exactly does this help someone make an OS?

There comes an update to the program and the post, and also how it works.