This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Jummit's profile picture

Tile Editor

Started by Jummit, 23 September 2017 - 10:20 AM
Jummit #1
Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:20 PM
I made a little editor for tilemaps (can be used in game dev). You can select tiles and paint it on the map. There are also layers, a very useful feature which allow you to draw tiles over other tiles and organize your map.
pastebin get hmTKRTGI tileditor
Here are some screens:
SpoilerA new projekt:
Spoiler
A project with a map and a tileset loaded
Spoiler
Display only one layer, the layer with the flowers. Very usefull! Toggle it on/off with 'h'
Spoiler

Key shortcuts
Spoiler
left/right
Navigate through layers. 1 is the minimal layer.
up/down
navigate through tiles. You can see them on the left side of the screen
h
toggle 'show only selected layer' function if on, only the tiles from the selected layer will be drawn.
l
open load dialog. it will ask you if you want to load a map or a tileset. To load a tilemap, type 1, to load a tileset, type 2.
s
open save dialog. it will ask you if you want to save the map or the tileset. To save the tilemap, type 1, to save the tileset, type 2.
scroll up/scroll down
scroll up and down in the map
scroll up/scroll down with ctrl held
scroll left and right in the map
Getting started:
SpoilerWhen you start the program, it will ask you first to create a new tile. Insert the name, draw the tile and save it, and now you should see the tile editor!

You can now start to make new tiles: press down to select the next tile. If there is no tile, it will ask you to make one. You can simple press enter if you don't want to. You can navigate through the layers by pressing the left or right keys.
You want to save your map/tileset?
Press s and go through the dialog.
You want to load your map/tileset?
Press l and go through the dialog.

Planned:
  • Programm to play on the map, move around and interact with tiles. Tiles would have an interact function which you can declare by yourself.
  • Example tilesets and maps, can be downloaded with a program.
  • Api to load and draw the map
Please leave feedback(mostly negative stuff so i can improve :D/>)!
Edited on 21 December 2017 - 02:39 PM
RR_DEADPOOL #2
Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:08 AM
This is awesome but I have nothing negative to say.