This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
nagoL2015's profile picture

DLA - Chat Bot (v0.6 has been released)

Started by nagoL2015, 25 October 2017 - 11:25 PM
nagoL2015 #1
Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:25 AM
DLA

nagoL2015's CC/Computronics Chat Bot

This is basically my first post, so please don't go too hard on me ;)/>.

About the DLA:

The DLA is a chat bot that uses CC computers and chat boxes from the mod computronics. The name DLA or Dark Lord's Assistant comes from a joke on this server I play on, basically I found a way to dupe with AL2 and got banned for 10 days so my nickname became the Dark Lord.

How to install:

Installing the DLA is a simple process, it comes with an automatic updater and installer.

Main Program Installer - pastebin run pgvQ0h0S

Minion Program Installer - pastebin run 6AbkArmy

You can go into the main programs and change the channels that the modems are on by changing the send and receive variables. Both of the main programs are non-terminable but have a password on them which is accessible by pressing the letter p on your keyboard and them entering the correct password which can be changed in the file called "password". There is also a feature on the Chat Bot program that allows you to hook up a thermal expansion energy cell to via wired modems, to enable this feature set the option at the top to true. If you set this feature to true then you must create a file called "cells" and then in that file make a table that can be unserialized like the one below this text and then in that table put the numbers of the energy cells in order from least to greatest and make sure that no numbers in between are missing, to get these numbers activate the wired modems and read the numbers of the cells that it gives you.

Usage:

The DLA is basically a system which adds more commands to the game. To use the commands type "+ " and then put your command word. The list of commands can be seen here on this list or by typing "+ help".

List of Commands:
Spoiler+ update
+ games
+ changelog
+ download
+ energy

The update command is where the updatePastebin variable comes into play, it reboots all computers in the system so they update. The games command shows a list of games that you currently download using the DLA. The changelog just shows the changelog that is on this post. The download command works with the pastebin here, pastebin run Vu6niFSr, to download games via typing + download and then after that you can type game for the game folder and then inside that folder pick a game to download while running the program that actually receives these files. If you don't know what files you can download just type + download and it will tell you what you can download, or you can just type download and then the folder and leave it blank and it will tell you what is inside the folder. The energy command allows you to hook up a thermal expansion energy cell to via wired modems, to enable this feature set the option at the top to true. If you set this feature to true then you must create a file called "cells" and then in that file make a table that can be unserialized like the one below this text and then in that table put the numbers of the energy cells in order from least to greatest and make sure that no numbers in between are missing, to get these numbers activate the wired modems and read the numbers of the cells that it gives you.

Table:
Spoiler
{
}

Setup:

To set up the system, there is the main program which is Chat Bot and that goes one computer anywhere you want. Then the Minion programs get spread out on different computers. Be warned that the chat box has a radius of 40 but in a sphere so it will be hard to get the messages everywhere, except if the radius of multiple chat boxes overlap then you will get multiple message.

Changelog:
Spoilerv0.5:
Added Changelog
Added Games Command
Now Supports Arguments
Added Download Feature

v0.6:
Rewrote All Code For Ease of Use
Added Password Capability

I am open to ideas so if anyone has any new ideas or comments, please share them with me and I will try to implement them.
Edited on 12 November 2017 - 11:32 AM
nagoL2015 #2
Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:36 PM
v0.6 Has Been Released