This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Amenofisch's profile picture

Can someone make a Pay for Power program for tekkit classic?

Started by Amenofisch, 06 November 2017 - 05:18 PM
Amenofisch #1
Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:18 PM
It would be nice if anyone of you guys could make a " Pay for Power " program for me! I would really appreciate if anyone could make it for me!

Thanks!
Amenofisch #2
Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:06 PM
It would be nice if anyone of you guys could make a " Pay for Power " program for me! I would really appreciate if anyone could make it for me!

Thanks!
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:51 AM
Let's assume for a moment that anyone out there might be interested in writing a whole script for you - they'd probably find it easier if you explained what you actually want it to do. You're leaving a lot to the imagination, here.
CLNinja #4
Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:20 AM
pastebin run R3ShNQ2X

That'll install the script for you!
Luca_S #5
Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Thanks!

That's not how it works here.

While you are, of course, allowed to ask for someone to write a Program for you, it is very unlikely someone is actually going to do it.
Instead I suggest you learn Lua and the CC APIs and then ask in the "Ask a Pro" Section when you get stuck somewhere.
TheOddByte #6
Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

Thanks!

While you are, of course, allowed to ask for someone to write a Program for you, it is very unlikely someone is actually going to do it.
Instead I suggest you learn Lua and the CC APIs and then ask in the "Ask a Pro" Section when you get stuck somewhere.
And even if someone is willing to do it I atleast think OP could give them some Krist or something for their work.
CLNinja #7
Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

Thanks!

And even if someone is willing to do it I atleast think OP could give them some Krist or something for their work.

I feel like if the person asking for a program had any krist, they could probably do it themselves.
Stekeblad #8
Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:57 AM
I will not write everything for you, but here is three different ways the program could work in general:

You will not be able to connect your customers base with a cable and messure how much power goes through that cable. Different types of power work in different ways but I don't think any type allows this to be done easy.

If a cable or power storage block can be controlled by redstone you can take payment for the number of seconds you allow power through. Make sure your own battery don't empty, your customers will be angry if they don't get what they payed for.

You can take a empty battery + money and give the customer a fully charged battery. If the battery keeps it content then broken.