This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Mmmmmmmm's profile picture

EternalFacepalm's Useless Programs

Started by Mmmmmmmm, 27 July 2012 - 04:58 PM
Mmmmmmmm #1
Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:58 PM
ccc
Edited on 03 March 2016 - 03:14 PM
elcid534 #2
Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:14 PM
first ever " EPIC SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE" i ever got. :ph34r:/>/>
Cranium #3
Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:10 PM
I LOVE IT! I will be putting this into my world as soon as I get home from work.
Pharap #4
Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:45 AM
Reminds me of the roguelike my friend made back when we did our visual basic games for college.
ChaddJackson12 #5
Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:50 AM
The Epic Chair, has more HP, than the Epic Pig? How does this work? lol
Mmmmmmmm #6
Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:29 AM
It was more epic.

No, honestly, HP is the only thing scaling (damage is "calculated" (if you can even call it that) through HP) as you level up. I never created a good algorithm for leveling up, so you basically ding every single battle, which means HP will continuously scale to ridiculous amounts.

The enemy names are just randomly picked from an array.
ChaddJackson12 #7
Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:03 AM
It was more epic.

No, honestly, HP is the only thing scaling (damage is "calculated" (if you can even call it that) through HP) as you level up. I never created a good algorithm for leveling up, so you basically ding every single battle, which means HP will continuously scale to ridiculous amounts.

If you are ever bored or something, you should consider adding more functions to this other than the 'auto attack' or whatever. This would add more variety, and then you could add more things that make it more of a game that isn't so random.
Mmmmmmmm #8
Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:36 PM
If you are ever bored or something, you should consider adding more functions to this other than the 'auto attack' or whatever. This would add more variety, and then you could add more things that make it more of a game that isn't so random.
It was a joke, really, "inspired" by Final Fantasy 13. After 10 hours of trying to get into that bloody game, I was sick and tired of mashing the Auto-Attack button (because it really was all that I had to do). People seem to say it gets better later on, but no amount of fun is worth 20 hours of torture.
Chain #9
Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:37 PM
It was more epic.

Hi, you could use something like this:

x = playerLevel

x*(1,3*66)^2

lvl 1 to 2 = 14723 exp

and for mob xp:

x = mobLvl
y = modifier (1 = normal, 1,5 = champion, 2,5 = boss)

x*(y*8)^2

lvl 1 normal mob = 64 xp

just a idea