This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Htorne's profile picture

How to Copy'n'Paste

Started by Htorne, 28 July 2012 - 04:44 PM
Htorne #1
Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:44 PM
Hi I'm new here and I've written a program of about 100 lines, and now I need to copy it to the game, but the regular Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V does not work, its like the newline gets lots. Is there an easy way ?

Thanks
ReconTurtle #2
Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:52 PM
I've had the same issue with my programs many times, and the short answer is that there is no easy way to do this. I am personally on a Mac, but I'm pretty sure I've read of a Windows application called Quick Paste (I think) which allows one to copy and paste into any window. Hopefully this helps… somewhat.
ciba43 #3
Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:39 PM
Simply put it in your .minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs OR .minecraft/saves/@Your Save Game's name here@/computer/@Your computer's id here@
basdxz #4
Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:01 PM
But how do you copy it if you are on a server?
ImNutzForCoal #5
Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:24 PM
I have found that on Windows, Copy one line, then in the CC Window, press Ctrl once, so the Save Exit options appear, then Ctrl V and it pastes.
basdxz #6
Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:32 PM
I have found that on Windows, Copy one line, then in the CC Window, press Ctrl once, so the Save Exit options appear, then Ctrl V and it pastes.
That"s what I usually do but that's not good enough with 30 lines of text ;)/>/>.
ImNutzForCoal #7
Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:56 PM
meh, if its faster than typing it all out, then its good enough for me.
MadCrayolaz #8
Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:38 AM
You can directly paste it into the file, or if you have a nice server owner, ask them to upload it to your floppy you make and then just move it to your own terminal.
TheOutcast5 #9
Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:17 AM
You could use the program SCAR DIVI. Also don't listen to the guy that says it has a virus.
D3matt #10
Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:48 PM
You could use the program SCAR DIVI. Also don't listen to the guy that says it has a virus.
I lol'd.

You can write your program all on one line and paste it using the above ctrl-ctrl-V method. Or else you can ask the server owner to enable pastebin and do it that way.
Peacenanarchy #11
Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:09 PM
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/3331-auto-program-type-out-program/
hope this helps
Sammich Lord #12
Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:41 PM
The easy way is to enable the HTTP API and use the pastebin program.
CallMeGavin #13
Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:25 PM
:)/>/>

pastebin……
grifonater #14
Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:50 PM
(tekkit server host)

note this will keep the program on the computer/ turtle's rom!

i found the best way to do it if you are a server host is:

step 1:in your server folder locate the mods folder

step 2:from the mods folder locate ComputerCraft

step 3:open the contains of the lua folder

step 4: open rom

step 5: now open the programs file

step 5a: if you want this program installed on a turtles rom go into the turtle folder

step 6:copy one of the other files (eg: cd or go) and paste in the same directory and rename the file

step 7:open the file you have just pasted using a text editor (eg: notepad) and paste the text into it

step 8: finally save and exit and the program should be on the rom in the directory rom/programs

grifonater~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[SERVER HOST]
konzendude #15
Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:43 PM
It's really simple in singleplayer. Just go into your .minecraft folder, go to saves, then go to the world you want to input the program to, choose a computer, and edit one of the .txt files.
awsmazinggenius #16
Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:46 AM
It's really simple in singleplayer. Just go into your .minecraft folder, go to saves, then go to the world you want to input the program to, choose a computer, and edit one of the .txt files.
(You bumped a month-and-a-half year old thread, you know)
They aren't *.txt files. They have no extension. This has already been said.
Also, there are auto-typer programs available specifically for this purpose, and if you have HTTP enabled, you can use http://www.pastebin.com and the built-in pastebin program.
Edited on 25 December 2013 - 08:59 AM
pat39576 #17
Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:30 PM
That is a good question as one of my friends knows the single player route for it but neither of us have figured out the way for multiplayer for a single computer. The route for all computers on a server is similar to the single player route above, go to mods, open the computer craft zip, lua, rom, programs then either computers or turtles and pull a file out and delete its contents and put your program in and rename it and put it in.
MudkipTheEpic #18
Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:39 PM
You can use this: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/15390-mudkips-autotyper/page__pid__157950#entry157950 to automatically type a file onto a CC computer on all MC supporting operating systems. [/shamelessplug]

Edit: Crap, didn't realize this was a year old.
Edited on 24 December 2013 - 06:40 PM
Jim #19
Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:55 AM
Duh, pastebin.com
MisterSanderson #20
Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

I use tekkit, the person only needs to go to <disc>\Users\<user folder>\.technic\modpacks\tekkitmain\saves\<the world>\computer\<the number of the computer>
Zambonie #21
Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:46 AM
http://www.pastebin.com

Upload it there
Get numbers and letters from the URL.
In computer do

pastebin get PastebinCodeHere FileNameHere

So like this example.
I uploaded 'test' to pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/CkCn4jje
That's the link to it. The letters and numbers "CkCn4jje" is the pastebin code.
So then just just do

pastebin get CkCn4jje testFile
Into your computer and there.