This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
KingMachine's profile picture

[1.4 SMP Tekkit 3.1.1] noclassdeffounderror: ni

Started by KingMachine, 30 July 2012 - 05:27 PM
KingMachine #1
Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:27 PM
It seems that I am unable to get tekkit 3.1.1 to run an SMP 1.4 (haven't tried 1.41 because it doesn't state any fixes pertaining to this).

When I install 1.4 server It crashes on boot. Tekkit 3.1.1 runs forge #162. The newest (to my knowledge) is #164. I would assume the 162 would be just fine but at the same time I have yet to see a "forge build requirement" for computercraft.
Does anyone else have a tekkit server running 1.4 just fine? Am I just missing a piece of the puzzle somewhere? Do I have to downgrade? Upgrade? I've already tried installing #164 into tekkit and that just crashes the damn thing a different way. Should I just drop tekkit and jump into bukkit?

ERRORS:
http://pastebin.com/avr6ukHA
When I see "noclassdeffound" I think "wrong forge version". But I dunno…Same thing happens on tekkit 3.0.4

EDIT:
I'm aware that this isn't a bug but this isn't a "bukkit" problem I wouldn't think.
MysticT #2
Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:33 PM
Doesn't tekkit servers use bukkit? If it does, you may want to wait for a bukkit port before installing CC 1.4 in a bukkit/tekkit server :ph34r:/>/>.
KingMachine #3
Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:31 PM
But it has minecraft forge…There is SERIOUSLY something wrong with the modding community in minecraft. I miss the days when you could just drop the files in your jar and pray that it didn't conflict with anything else.
Cloudy #4
Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:01 AM
Sigh. Bukkit is a whole other ball game - bukkit mappings are completely different to vanilla (they use mostly unobsfucated names, whereas vanilla remaps them back to obsfucated), and the software itself works different which causes issues.

There's nothing wrong with the community, it is just how the software works, and the dangers of dealing with an obsfucated game.
techy #5
Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:24 AM
Is there any standard timeframe for the port to be released? Or is it just random developers who do the ports outside of the primary CC mod team? I've been out of minecraft dev for too long to know how this stuff happens anymore.
KingMachine #6
Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:39 AM
Well cloudy I was referring to the community who wrote the opposing software. Part of coding is thinking ahead. Obviously some weren't or were incapable of coding for the future.
cant_delete_account #7
Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:50 AM
It seems that I am unable to get tekkit 3.1.1 to run an SMP 1.4 (haven't tried 1.41 because it doesn't state any fixes pertaining to this).

When I install 1.4 server It crashes on boot. Tekkit 3.1.1 runs forge #162. The newest (to my knowledge) is #164. I would assume the 162 would be just fine but at the same time I have yet to see a "forge build requirement" for computercraft.
Does anyone else have a tekkit server running 1.4 just fine? Am I just missing a piece of the puzzle somewhere? Do I have to downgrade? Upgrade? I've already tried installing #164 into tekkit and that just crashes the damn thing a different way. Should I just drop tekkit and jump into bukkit?

ERRORS:
http://pastebin.com/avr6ukHA
When I see "noclassdeffound" I think "wrong forge version". But I dunno…Same thing happens on tekkit 3.0.4

EDIT:
I'm aware that this isn't a bug but this isn't a "bukkit" problem I wouldn't think.
Because CC 1.4 isn't ported to Bukkit?
KingMachine #8
Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:23 AM
Yes, we're all well aware that 1.4 isn't ported to bukkit. What I was not getting is why something that works for forge specifically doesn't work on a server that has forge installed on it.
Cloudy #9
Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:36 AM
Yes, we're all well aware that 1.4 isn't ported to bukkit. What I was not getting is why something that works for forge specifically doesn't work on a server that has forge installed on it.

Because bukkit is just not compatible with vanilla by default even if forge is installed.