This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
FutileFreedom's profile picture

[Turtle] [CC 1.4] 3x3 Tunnel

Started by FutileFreedom, 01 August 2012 - 03:37 AM
FutileFreedom #1
Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:37 AM
Greetings!

I bet you're thinking "Not another tunnel program!" But this one is different as it uses the new featurs in 1.4 for depositing items into a chest. Though it's not as advanced as others posted, it will soon get there.

I got tired of having to run along with my turtle and dig out the third high block for the tunnel so I decided to take the original tunnel program and modify it a bit. WIth the release of 1.4, I also added the ability to deposit items into a chest from the first slot.

When the turtle gets filled up, it will go up one block, go to the right and drop down a chest. From there it will deposit items in slots 2 through 16 and then return to its previous state, facing forward ready for a new command. I plan on making this much better when I get some free time to play some more. The script is attached to the topic.

Any ideas, suggestions or anything else, post here or send me a private message.

Though this is my first post, I have played with CC in the past and have a fair few nifty things to post in the coming future.
Cyclonit #2
Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:11 AM
Very nice. Your program however still requires someone/something to empty all of the chests. It would be cool if your turtle would use a chest at the beginning of the tunnel.
FutileFreedom #3
Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:56 PM
First off I'm stealing a letter e from your post because my e key has recently died so I have to copy/paste it.

Truth be told it's not the best and if I'm not mistaken, isn't GPS the only way to get the turtles position? If so, it would have to talk to a GPS server to get said location and then go back and compare all along the way. If you made a turn, that would also be a pain.

In other words, challenge accepted. :ph34r:/>/>
D3matt #4
Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:11 AM
No need for GPS. Just use variables to keep track of where the turtle is relative to its start point or relative to the chest.
Cyclonit #5
Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:07 PM
Just as D3matt mentioned: No need for GPS.

Call the turtle's starting position (0,0,0) and update the variable according to the turtle's movements.
acters124 #6
Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:46 AM
Just as D3matt mentioned: No need for GPS.

Call the turtle's starting position (0,0,0) and update the variable according to the turtle's movements.
I think that was used for the excavating program for the mining turtle. :/
any ways thanks for mentioning it! :P/>/>
Lemmypemmy #7
Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:10 AM
Amazing