This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sammich Lord's profile picture

Rednet Bomb

Started by Sammich Lord, 02 August 2012 - 02:29 PM
Sammich Lord #1
Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:29 PM
Hey I got bored since the server I play on was down so I felt like making some bombs.

Here is the bomb code:
rednet.open("top")
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1,1)
textutils.slowPrint("…………")
while true do
id, msg = rednet.receive()
if msg == "boom" then
redstone.setOutput("back", true)
end
end

Here is the remote detonator code:
rednet.open("top")
term.clear()
term.setCursorPos(1,1)
print("It will blow up in a few moments.")
rednet.broadcast("boom")

Hey turns out this was the 500th post in the programs forum. :ph34r:/>/>
Well give me any feed back you can. I will start to post more of my programs on the forums.
BigSHinyToys #2
Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:08 PM
Simple but affective nice. now to set up a few around my defenses and wait for "Players" lol XD
D3matt #3
Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:18 PM
It's all fun and games until somebody else starts broadcasting "boom" XD
Sammich Lord #4
Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:24 PM
It's all fun and games until somebody else starts broadcasting "boom" XD
Well that is why if you are on a server you will want to change a line to: if msg == boom and id == id then
But like I said I got bored in single player I might advanced this al ot more add a GUI and control different things.
odd_kid #5
Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:36 PM
Please put the code into a code box? I want to see this
Pharap #6
Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:40 AM
Fairly decent code.

Now for optimising, I recommend first, wrapping the computer in obsidian, then putting a redstone repeater at it's back, going into a block of obsidian, around the obsidian, then place your explosives.

Also, as an extra program a turtle to go and replace the explosives, as well as making the detonation responsive to only one computer and creating different detention code for detonating individual areas, as well as one for detonating them all.

It sounds more difficult than it is.
Sammich Lord #7
Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:44 AM
Fairly decent code.

Now for optimising, I recommend first, wrapping the computer in obsidian, then putting a redstone repeater at it's back, going into a block of obsidian, around the obsidian, then place your explosives.

Also, as an extra program a turtle to go and replace the explosives, as well as making the detonation responsive to only one computer and creating different detention code for detonating individual areas, as well as one for detonating them all.

Well as for the turtle program I could very well do that but this is more of for like a PvP place the computer and TnT in a base then go back to your base and blow them.
As for different detonate codes I actually made a theater that has different commands like : movie on, lights off etc.
As for only for one computer I can easily code that in but this project is abandoned pretty much. I can easily spend 30 minutes coding everything and making it all high tech.
Pharap #8
Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:57 AM
Fairly decent code.

Well as for the turtle program I could very well do that but this is more of for like a PvP place the computer and TnT in a base then go back to your base and blow them.
As for different detonate codes I actually made a theater that has different commands like : movie on, lights off etc.
As for only for one computer I can easily code that in but this project is abandoned pretty much. I can easily spend 30 minutes coding everything and making it all high tech.

For that it would suffice, but then so would a long line of redstone. I suppose it would be handy for survival though. Don't forget to take the installation disk out though.

As I said, it sounds more difficult than it is.
Well there's bound to be someone out there who would want the functions.

I was thinking more like having detonate-able areas preset, eg someone finds the entrance to your base, you blow it up while they're there to kill them before they get inside. Or possibly a self destruct sequence. Bases are always better with a self destruct sequence.