This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Xenthera's profile picture

Looking for some friends to play on my server

Started by Xenthera, 03 August 2012 - 10:55 AM
Xenthera #1
Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:55 PM
Hey guys, i'm looking for a couple people to play on my server with me.

IP: 75.166.128.223
Client Link: (Add me on skype bobbylucero10, can't publicly distribute due to copyright)

Get Info for skype below. Send me a message relating to this post.

Rules:
  • Please be over 13
  • At least Some maturity
  • Basic knowledge of mods (listed below)
  • Good attitude and fun personality
  • Microphone would be nice but optional (Group calls)
  • Toleration of occasional bugs
Mods Installed:
  1. Computercraft 1.4
  2. Buildcraft 3.1.6.50
  3. ​Logistics pipes 0.5.0.1
  4. Additional Buildcraft Objects 0.9.1
  5. Additional Pipes 3.2.0.3
  6. Portal Gun Mod
  7. IndustrialCraft 1.97
  8. Advanced Machines 4.1
  9. Compact Solars
  10. Power Converters
  11. Modular Force Field System V2
  12. Extra Biomes XL
  13. Equivalent Exchange 2
  14. Not enough Items
  15. Wireless redstone Chicken bones edition
  16. RailCraft 5.3.3
  17. Forestry 1.4.8.6
  18. RedPower 2.0pr5b2
  19. IronChests Mod
  20. (Hopefully soon, EnderChests)
Thanks if you'd like to play. Also: This is not Tekkit. I hate tekkit and everything about it.
D3matt #2
Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:46 PM
Thanks if you'd like to play. Also: This is not Tekkit. I hate tekkit and everything about it.
And I hate tekkit haters. Sorry.
Rsstn #3
Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:27 PM
What's wrong with Tekkit? It's got pretty much the same mods as you have listed, but anyone can play, as there is no installation/file sharing.
tfoote #4
Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:46 PM
Im interested… We need a time to talk
Xenthera #5
Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:36 PM
Well your loss.
What's wrong with Tekkit? It's got pretty much the same mods as you have listed, but anyone can play, as there is no installation/file sharing.
Tekkit uses mods without permission. And Tekkit's community is just a bunch of whiney 12 year olds that spam the chat asking what everything does. It's just a big mess. It was a good concept but had a bad outcome.
It doesn't have every mod I have… It doesn't have buildcraft 3, logistics pipes, or even forestry.
Cool, add me on skype. I'll give you the ip and send you my client
tfoote #6
Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:49 PM
Well your loss.
Tekkit uses mods without permission. And Tekkit's community is just a bunch of whiney 12 year olds that spam the chat asking what everything does. It's just a big mess. It was a good concept but had a bad outcome.
It doesn't have every mod I have… It doesn't have buildcraft 3, logistics pipes, or even forestry.
k
D3matt #7
Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:40 PM
Well your loss.
Some of what you said is true, but why does that mean you won't play with the client?

Also forestry is complete trash and the coder is a massive tard.
Cloudy #8
Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:53 AM
I'm going to repeat Sengirs reasons for the bees thing. It was a way of him airing his frustrations about his mod being included without permission in Technic/Tekkit. He got so down about it all, and lost all motivation that if he hadn't done it, Forestry may not have been around anymore. While you may see them taking mods without permission as a victimless crime, it obviously isn't. Tekkit even includes ComputerCraft without permission. Luckily, dan200 doesn't mind.

He removed the anti technic code shortly after it was found.

I'm not going to make this any more off topic, but you should at least understand his reasons for it.

People have their reasons for hating Tekkit all of them just as valid as your reasons for liking it, as it is an opinion.
Xhisor #9
Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:33 PM
+1