This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ETHANATOR360's profile picture

ascii netflix

Started by ETHANATOR360, 05 August 2012 - 09:36 PM
ETHANATOR360 #1
Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:36 PM
im working on making a ascii movie art streamer capable of streaming from a rednet server or the http API its currently a work in progress but i made this post for input and suggestions
to do:
Spoilereasy floppy movie uploads to server
super noteblock/ccspeaker compatibility
randomized commercials before movie for non premium users
easy to use movie making API
ReconTurtle #2
Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:46 PM
This is a great idea, and many people would definitely love to have this code. The only bummer is going to be making the movies themselves. It's not insanely mind-bending, it's just tedious and time-hogging. But if you want to do it, I highly support your efforts! Please keep us updated on your progress!
ETHANATOR360 #3
Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:44 AM
This is a great idea, and many people would definitely love to have this code. The only bummer is going to be making the movies themselves. It's not insanely mind-bending, it's just tedious and time-hogging. But if you want to do it, I highly support your efforts! Please keep us updated on your progress!
im planning on having the movies save as .txt files that can be easily made and are read from the server program and streamed to the client
ETHANATOR360 #4
Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:16 PM
finished rough draft of server authentication process
ETHANATOR360 #5
Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:39 PM
minecraft crashed had to replace .minecraft all progress lost
Sxw #6
Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:06 AM
D=
D3matt #7
Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:56 AM
minecraft crashed had to replace .minecraft all progress lost
Then you did something wrong. You should never lose your entire .minecraft folder. I mean hell, my server had a power surge that corrupted the map, but everything else was still intact.
ETHANATOR360 #8
Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:25 PM
yes i did do somthing wrong tried to get a new mod but it had incompadibility with redpower and i put it in the .jar so no taking it out so i just loaded up a backed up .minecraft
Rsstn #9
Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:25 PM
Use the old save file? You shouldn't have to delete it. Even if the world file is corrupt, you can save the computer programs by going to '.minecraft/saves/YourWorldName/Computer'. It's almost impossible to lose programs!
basdxz #10
Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:43 PM
This will be cool, could you add music with note blocks?
ETHANATOR360 #11
Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:33 PM
i could do that but school just started so development will be slowed
ETHANATOR360 #12
Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:26 AM
i will add super noteblock and ccSpeaker support :(/>/>
billysback #13
Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:19 AM
You could use my CCAni as an API to create and play the animations if you want, just an idea. If the formatting of the projects (animations) isn't what you want I'd be more than happy to make a compiler for you so that they fit in to one file and a new function to run the compiled animations!