This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sxw's profile picture

CC-Dare

Started by Sxw, 06 August 2012 - 02:22 AM
Sxw #1
Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:22 AM
I will be hosting a computercraft themed ludum dare. :P/>/> Details and website coming tomorrow or whenever I get my computer back and finish the website.
EDIT: Heres a temp-site until I finish coding the new widget. https://sites.google.com/site/computercraftdare/
Zalerinian #2
Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:49 AM
I think that's a great idea for a community activity. I had a similar idea for a daily/weekly computercraft program excersize, similar to an activity i found on another community's website. I think that this'll be pretty successful.
Sxw #3
Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:30 AM
I'm not done with the website yet, but please put your idea for a topic in the comments.
Zalerinian #4
Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:07 AM
I'm not done with the website yet, but please put your idea for a topic in the comments.

Who are you using for the website? I think, since i'm doing something with a website, i might start doing a daily/weekly exercises for the coders, weekly, of course, being more difficult. don't steal mah idea D:

As for yours, you could have prizes for the winners maybe. If you run your own server (idk if you do) you can give them a donator rank or something, or you could give them stuff on a server you play on. I'm not sure, as I don't know what you have available, nor what you're willing to give away.
Sxw #5
Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:31 PM
Anyone interested?
biskobe #6
Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:00 PM
Sounds cool, but please let the challenges be given on a Friday so people will have time to work on them on the weekend :P/>/>
BigSHinyToys #7
Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:17 PM
Sounds cool, but please let the challenges be given on a Friday so people will have time to work on them on the weekend :P/>/>
I have to second this Friday is a good day to start.

Also can the protects be something like (virtual pet,platformer,Quiz,animation) and not like (XML encoder,BASH script emulator,MindFunk,Base64 encode) so it is something "fun" to work on.
Sxw #8
Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:53 PM
OK, sounds good.