This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
tacs96's profile picture

turtles with cameras

Started by tacs96, 08 August 2012 - 03:50 AM
tacs96 #1
Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:50 AM
i think we should be able to have a camere attached to turtles to see what there seeing, so i can use my remote turtle to its full ability, what do you think?
Sxw #2
Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:32 AM
Please post this in the suggestions topic. Thanks.
djblocksaway #3
Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:20 AM
i think we should be able to have a camere attached to turtles to see what there seeing, so i can use my remote turtle to its full ability, what do you think?
i believe this has been asked before and will never happen
Agent_Zeus #4
Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:49 AM
ok i understand that it would cause lag if its far away but due to the limits that signals can be sent between a computer and a turtle is only 64 blocks so the camera would stop sending after that
and cameras are possible because portal gun multiplayer mod shows you whats on the other side of the portal so that could be turned into a camera but the difference is you would only be receiving a image while on the computer and if there was a config file that let the server owner set how many cameras could be in-use at a time (so like 3 different people on different comps) it would prevent major lagg
i dont know nothing about modding but tbh it seems it would cause less lagg than portal gun because they can look through the portals hundreds of blocks away.
D3matt #5
Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:45 AM
Theoretically there's nothing preventing you from forcing the client to load a far-away chunk, as far as I know.
Agent_Zeus #6
Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02 AM
i think if cameras got added alot more people would be wanting to learn lua
Cranium #7
Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM
I think the most that you could hope for is to read signs. Beyond that, I think it would be way too resource-intensive to apply to the mod.
Agent_Zeus #8
Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:09 AM
reading signs is useless
D3matt #9
Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:51 AM
reading signs is useless
So are you, but we don't go around spewing it in every thread you post in.

Also:

But why? I agree with KaoS on this one. Why would a colored floppy, other than being able to see easier, be better?

We had a request for them - it was an easy feature, so why not? I make no judgement as to whether they are better or not, but if people want pink floppies, let them have them :(/>/>
Cloudy #10
Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:51 AM
I think the most that you could hope for is to read signs. Beyond that, I think it would be way too resource-intensive to apply to the mod.

I don't think it would be resource intensive (most if not all processing will be client side) - but it won't really fit in with the mod. Someone with the skill could create a peripheral to do it.