This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Noodle's profile picture

Double "Chest" Turtle

Started by Noodle, 09 August 2012 - 01:53 PM
Noodle #1
Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:53 PM
The idea is that the default turtles are 3x3 inventory space and you can make it 4x4/5x5 by adding a chest to the turtle after its made.
sjele #2
Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:28 PM
Good idea, Would making mining with the turtle easyer/ more effective. Allso you could build more a bit faster with it, with out the needs of restock so often
Cloudy #3
Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:05 PM
Erm - turtle inventory is already 4x4?
Jan #4
Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:39 PM
By the way: why are upgrades to turtles 'crafted' in them? Could it be possible to make 'armor slots' in the turtle? Slot for a tool, slot for the device on the right (crafting table or router). But the turtle GUI is pretty full already…
Cloudy #5
Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:42 PM
To make your choices matter.
Cranium #6
Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:19 PM
You could just make a dedicated "Chest Turtle" that it ONLY holds items or moves them around. No other features other than it just picks items out of an inventory, and moves it to another inventory. It could also be able to relay the item ID within the commands.
Pharap #7
Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:58 AM
As a fix for limited room on the gui, simply have it so that it's tabbed (like the MC 1.3.1 inventory) so you have console on one tab, inventory on another or something.
Just an idea to float out there, hopefully someone will like this idea and attempt to implement it.

A chest turtle is a good idea though, especially if you can make it so that when you try to place a block on it, it gets collected into the inventory (thus making other turtles able to put stuff into it). Then you could coordinate a mining-chest turtle duo to carry out your bidding ;)/>/>
Noodle #8
Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:27 PM
I'm not saying an actual chest turtle.
I'm saying that the default turtle (first crafting recipe) is 3x3 and you could add another chest after you have crafted it. The new chest would make it a double chest but NOT a CHEST, a 5x5 inventory space.
Pharap #9
Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:26 AM
I'm not saying an actual chest turtle.
I'm saying that the default turtle (first crafting recipe) is 3x3 and you could add another chest after you have crafted it. The new chest would make it a double chest but NOT a CHEST, a 5x5 inventory space.

I think we get what you're saying, the point other people were making is that if you can do that to a mining turtle, it makes the standard mining turtle redundant (and again, some would argue that it's overpowered. I disagree, I think Equivalent Exchange is far more overpowered than any computercraft suggestions have been.)