This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Luanub's profile picture

Computercraft For Bukkit [Updated for 1.2.5]

Started by Luanub, 28 February 2012 - 09:42 AM
Luanub #1
Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:42 AM
Here's a quick tutorial for anyone interested on running ComputerCraft on a Bukkit Server.

First you will need to obtain Bukkit if you do not already have a server up and running.

The people at Bukkit have been nice enough to setup a page with a link to the current recommended build and instructions on how to setup the server @ http://wiki.bukkit.o...ing_up_a_server

You will also need to install ModloaderMP and Minecraft Forge on your Bukkit server for CC to work. These are SMP mods just like ComputerCraft so we will have to use a ported version just like we will be doing with CC. I will include the instructions below.

You will also need the vanilla mods installed on your client(not ported).

Previous version information:
SpoilerI obtain all of my ported mods from http://www.mcportcentral.co.za. Their work seems pretty solid, they always obtain permission from the devopler of the mod prior to porting it, and will in same cases work with the developer on the ports. I know they have permission from Dan to port CC to Bukkit.

DISCLAIMER!! I am not affiliated with MC Port Central what so ever, please do not contact me with any issues related to any ports you use from there. They are a good helpful community, please contact them. :(/>/>

MC Port Central has updated to using a new build process for MC 1.2.3. This has made it easier to use mods with their version of CraftBukkit, as well as reduce the amount of time they will need to do the ports when updates are released. This update has also removed the need to install ModloaderMP or Forge. I've added in new instructions for 1.2.3.

To Obtain and install CC Ported for Bukkit from MC Port Central for Minecraft 1.1:
  1. goto: http://www.mcportcen...x.php?board=3.0 for their bukkit ports
  2. Select the link to the post containing the mods for version of Bukkit you are running. At the time of this tutorial #1938 is the current build.
  3. The first two mods listed are ModloaderMP and Minecraft Forge. To install these download them, open the zip file and the bukkit jar file. Add the contents from each of the mod zip files into the jar and you are done.
  4. If your to lazy or uneasy about performing step #3 then the Porters have included working pre-modded jar files further down the page that already include ModloaderMP and Minecraft Forge.
  5. Scroll down the page a little futher(all of the mods are in alphabetical order) and find which CC version you would like to install.
  6. Install CC just as you would on a vanilla SMP server by unzipping the file into a folder and then copy the folder(not the zip) into the "mods" folder of your server directory.
  7. Launch your Bukkit server and enjoy!
To Obtain and install CC Ported for Bukkit from MC Port Central for Minecraft 1.2.3:
  1. goto: http://www.mcportcen...x.php?board=3.0 for their bukkit ports
  2. Select the link to the post containing the mods for version of Bukkit you are running. At the time of this tutorial MCPC 1.2.3 is the current build.
  3. Download the current posted MCPC Build that is posted.
  4. Download the latest version of the ComputerCraft port.
  5. Install CC just as you would on a vanilla SMP server by unzipping the file into a folder and then copy the folder(not the zip) into the "mods" folder of your server directory.
  6. Launch your MCPC server and enjoy!
To Obtain and install CC 1.33 for Bukkit for Minecraft 1.2.5

This is now easier then ever. CC for Bukkit is now available to down straight from computercraft.info along with the vanilla SSP and SMP versions.
  1. goto computercraft.info, click on downloads.
  2. select "1.33 Server (Bukkit Port)"
  3. follow the install instructions, they are the same for both vanilla and Bukkit.
Edited on 22 May 2012 - 12:30 AM
rockymc #2
Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:58 PM
Why use a non trusted website? Let Doridian make his own port with dan200's permission.
Espen #3
Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:03 PM
Why use a non trusted website? Let Doridian make his own port with dan200's permission.
What do you mean non trusted? By whom? :D/>/>
The guy making the ports there has permission from dan200.
And if you don't trust him you can make your own port using the tutorial on their website.
rockymc #4
Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:20 PM
What do you mean non trusted? By whom? :D/>/>
The guy making the ports there has permission from dan200.
And if you don't trust him you can make your own port using the tutorial on their website.

I don't trust the guy who made the port. He claims dan gave him permission.
Casper7526 #5
Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:41 PM
He was given dan's permission…
passinglurker #6
Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:08 PM
a news post on the mcforum front page says bukkit has joined mojang. does that mean bukkit is going to be the new vanilla?
rockymc #7
Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:56 PM
a news post on the mcforum front page says bukkit has joined mojang. does that mean bukkit is going to be the new vanilla?

Guess so.
passinglurker #8
Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:59 PM
i did some more digging and it looks like the bukkit team will help make an improved official server/mod api so it looks like the program named bukkit will still be separate
Viscous #9
Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:32 PM
Since this is about running CC in SMP I'll just ask this here.
I was wondering if there is a way to directly paste in code from text files when you're playing as a client, since the in-game code editor doesn't apparently support copying or pasting?
Currently the only feasible way I know of to write long programs is to upload them to the server every time separately, and that's bit of a hassle.
Casper7526 #10
Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:14 PM
Get your server admin to change the menu key inside the editor program from ctrl to something else, so that you can ctrl + v paste
Espen #11
Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:38 PM
@Viscous: You can also make use of CC's pastebin program to download code from pastebin.com onto the CC computer. (help pastebin)
Although that only works if the CC on the server server has enabled the HTTP API.
Liraal #12
Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:41 PM
casper, but will it really work if i change the menu key inside 'edit'?
Viscous #13
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:04 PM
@Ninja Lua Pro
Changed the shortcut, but Ctrl+V still does nothing.
The mod is running through Tekkit and I'm using a Scandinavian keyboard which seems to be partially unsupported, if that is of any consequence.
Espen #14
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:50 PM
@Ninja Lua Pro
Changed the shortcut, but Ctrl+V still does nothing.
The mod is running through Tekkit and I'm using a Scandinavian keyboard which seems to be partially unsupported, if that is of any consequence.
My name is Espen. :(/>/>
You don't necessarily need to change the shortcut. The way I do it is this:
Press CTRL once, so the menu pops up, and then press CTRL+V to paste clipboard content.

To test if your pasting works, you can also just try pasting text on the CC console.
Just copy some small text ( a word is enough ) out of a windows, linux, apple (or whatever) text file and try to paste it into the CC console.
If that works, then it should also work within the 'edit' program like I described above.
Luanub #15
Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:33 PM
Updated for MCPC 1.2.3
Ian-Moone #16
Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:41 AM
installing now yay now my Favorited mods and bukkit work together
unstopablekk #17
Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:32 PM
1.2.4?
Luanub #18
Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:34 PM
1.2.4?

Shouldnt be long, Bukkit released their 1.2.4 software a couple days ago. MCPC will not be far behind and CC is usually one of the first mods done.
djblocksaway #19
Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:50 AM
Cant wait till CC 1.32 comes out for bukkit 1.2.4/1.2.5 xD
Luanub #20
Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:54 AM
Mcportcentral has updated their software, just waiting on the CC port to happen. They have changed some things too so I will have to update this accordingly. Just waiting for the port to be available.
TheDeathOfRandom #21
Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:37 AM
waiting… and waiting…. and still waiting v.v yet no cc for 1.2.4 /:
djblocksaway #22
Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

come on MCPC wheres our CC port to bukkit ? :)/>/>
Luanub #23
Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

come on MCPC wheres our CC port to bukkit ? :)/>/>

No Kidding, it looks like they are dragging their feet on allot of the mods this time. Its been a while and allot of the main mods are not posted yet.
Luanub #24
Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:29 PM
Now updated with 1.33 download instructions
TheArchitect #25
Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:24 PM
Do these instructions still apply? I don't see a "bukkit version" in the downloads area.
Cranium #26
Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:25 PM
Do not reply to a months old post. We have not supported 1.2.5 for a very long time.