This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
SilentPro's profile picture

[1.41] Turtles can't collect water (with empty bucket)

Started by SilentPro, 10 August 2012 - 02:55 PM
SilentPro #1
Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:55 PM
Bug or missing feature, you decide, but turtles can place water with a full water bucket, but can't collect it.
I tested it with "turtle.dig()" and "turtle.suck()", but neither works from any position.
I don't think this should be intentional and collecting water (liquids) would be really nice and not imbalanced.
Xfel #2
Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:18 PM
You have to use the empty bucket on the water. turtle.place() with an empty bucket selected should do.
SilentPro #3
Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:04 PM
You're right, it works. Thanks!

I tested it only with "turtle.placeDown()" in the beginning, which doesn't seem to work.
I have only success with "turtle.place()" and "turtle.placeUp()"!

What's the problem here?
Xfel #4
Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:47 AM
You have to place in a direction where there actually is a water block. placeDown interacts with the block below the turtle.
SilentPro #5
Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:19 PM
What?
When I place water below the turtle (with a bucket by the turtle) and try to take it up again (with the empty bucket by the turtle) it won't work.
The same procedure works fine when placing in front or up. So where's the difference?
Sebra #6
Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:06 PM
Tested.
It seems Turtle unable to place full/empty buckets down ;)/>/>
It can place/dig down blocks and even RP2 tubes.
But when I try to dig placed BC pipe, it disappears.
It looks like BUG!
Cruor #7
Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:53 PM
Dumpity dump, i have same problem and can confirm what Sebra said.
Cloudy #8
Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:15 PM
More details please. How big is the air gap in between the turtle and the floor?
Cruor #9
Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:57 PM
More details please. How big is the air gap in between the turtle and the floor?
I though it was quite obvious, it's the block directly under the turtle. It can neither fill a bucket from it, nor place liquid from a bucket.

Seems to only work if the gap is 2 or more blocks.

Edit:
Oh my, if there are two source blocks under each other, the turtle takes the source block under the sourceblock under the turtle. It does place the water down correctly though. Else than that, it works if there is a gap under the source block and its flowing water there.
Sebra #10
Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:53 PM
I tested with 1m of Air under Turtle: it refuse to put and get water/lava, placed/digged RP2 tube correctly, placed BC pipe but destroyed it on dig :P/>/>
Tested again now. It strange but it need 2m of air to place bucket. Also can fill bucket with 1m gap between Turtle and water.
But it was not helpful for BC pipe: placed but destroyed on dig.