This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Casper7526's profile picture

How To Post A Bug (Non - Bukkit/MCPC+)

Started by Casper7526, 29 February 2012 - 10:06 AM
Casper7526 #1
Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:06 AM
How to Post a Bug: (Anything done on or about Bukkit is not a bug)

Be sure that you are posting an actual ComputerCraft bug only and that it is not just an error with your code.
Also make sure that the bug you are reporting is for a current version of ComputerCraft. Chances are, your bug may have already been fixed in a future version.

Label the topic correctly.

[1.6][SMP/SSP]This happens when X

Place the version # inside of brackets and a well written general description of the bug.
Place if you encountered this bug in SMP or SSP in another set of brackets, if both you may place both inside the brackets or not have them at all.

Note: We do not support installations for Bukkit or MCPC+!
Both of these introduce some very strange and unfixable bugs that we simply do not have the resources to track down. Please try reproducing your bugs with a clean install of Minecraft and the latest Forge for your version of Computercraft before posting a bug here.

Your help in this would be greatly appreciated!

When you see a bug listed as [Fixed] it means that in the next version of ComputerCraft this bug has been resolved.

Bug reports must follow the following format:

VERSION:

The version of ComputerCraft the bug happened in (ie: 1.63)
DESCRIPTION:
A description of what happened
EXPECTED RESULT:
What you expected to happen instead
REPRODUCTION STEPS:
A repeatable, step by step guide on what I need to do to see the bug happen, include example lua code if you can.
SCREENSHOT/VIDEO:
If the bug is graphical, or can be better explained visually, try to include a screenshot or video of the bug happening if you can
Edited by
FuzzyPurp #2
Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:24 PM
Thanks, lets see how this goes.
matejdro #3
Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:06 PM
Where should I report issues with bukkit version?
Xiph #4
Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 AM
What does SMP/SSP stand for?
theoriginalbit #5
Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:59 AM
SMP = Multiplayer
SSP = singleplayer
Tiin57 #6
Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:57 AM
SMP = Multiplayer
SSP = singleplayer
More accurately,
SSP is Survival SinglePlayer.
SMP is Survival MultiPlayer.
immibis #7
Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:59 AM
SMP = Multiplayer
SSP = singleplayer
More accurately,
SSP is Survival SinglePlayer.
SMP is Survival MultiPlayer.
Although creative is still SSP or SMP. They're old terms used to distinguish it from "Creative Multiplayer" back when that meant classic.
DrCeph #8
Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:59 PM
How do we post a bug? I am unable to post new topics to this section

EDIT: It seems that magically I can now post, weird.
Muselblubber #9
Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:55 AM
can't post Bug reports. Same issue as DrCeph had before?
Lyqyd #10
Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:32 AM
If you had read the Forum Guidelines global sticky, it would have informed you that, as a spam prevention measure, all new accounts are restricted from posting new topics until after they have three posts. Please note that there is a sticky topic in Ask a Pro for new members to ask questions. Bug reports posted there will end up here if they are genuine bugs.
Cranium #11
Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:43 AM
I do also want to point out that we do not support bugs that are MCPC+ related. If you can reproduce your error without MCPC+ installed, then you can go ahead and post a report.
AndyMcB1 #12
Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:45 AM
Removed bug.
Cloudy #13
Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:47 AM
Removed bug due to sensitive nature, but it has already been fixed. Also, each bug should have its own thread.
AndyMcB1 #14
Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:51 PM
Removed bug due to sensitive nature, but it has already been fixed. Also, each bug should have its own thread.
Oh ok sorry about that.
I could create a new thread however I could a few days ago.. Not sure what happened.
Xolbor #15
Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:42 PM
Hmm, very confusing, very confusing. I just have an important bug that I haven't seen listed on here. I really don't think it's a bug though, but i'm afraid to post it on here… hmm…
Lyqyd #16
Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:44 PM
You didn't even read the topic title. This area is for non-Bukkit bugs only. Please try to reproduce without Bukkit present.
theoriginalbit #17
Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:01 PM
You didn't even read the topic title. This area is for non-Bukkit bugs only. Please try to reproduce without Bukkit present.
Maybe you need to add Non-MCPC to the title too, since people aren't understanding.
randalOneL #18
Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:38 AM
How do I attach a picture as requested in a bug report? The pinned post, "How to post a Bug," should explain how to attach an image/video or it should include a link to the explanation. I see the My Media button, but I don't know how to upload media–is that that only/best way to add an image to a post? Thank you.
Lyqyd #19
Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:03 AM
The best way is usually to upload it to another site like imgur.com, then provide a link to the image here, or use the image tag to display it inline with your post.
Sewbacca #20
Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:01 PM
What does it means, SSP or SMP?
SquidDev #21
Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:21 PM
What does it means, SSP or SMP?

SMP = Multiplayer
SSP = singleplayer

This was on the same page as your question. Please look for the answer before asking it.
Edited on 16 March 2016 - 01:22 PM
Sewbacca #22
Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:54 PM
Thanks