This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
freem's profile picture

freem's random progs

Started by freem, 01 September 2012 - 06:17 PM
freem #1
Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:17 PM
I'm just going to dump any programs I've worked on in here, since I don't feel like making 100 threads.
I've only tested these on ComputerCraft 1.3 at the moment (playing on a Tekkit server, but none of these programs should require anything other than ComputerCraft).

Default Program Replacements (intended for ComputerCraft 1.3)
drive2
drive2 is an updated version of the drive program. It properly detects disk drives, as opposed to returning hdd.

edit2
edit2 is an updated version of edit with the following features:
  • Home/End keys move cursor to beginning/end of line.
  • Page Up/Page Down moves half a screen down.
  • Current cursor position in the lower right hand corner.
edit: Most of these features seem to be available in the ComputerCraft 1.4 version of edit.

list2
list2 is an updated version of list/ls. The main feature is adding a '/' to the end of directories, making them easier to find. An incomplete feature for showing dot files/directories is available (but requires a specific directory to be mentioned; list2 / -a would show all dot files/folders in the root directory.)

There's some other stuff uploaded on the server, but I don't consider anything complete enough to detail here at the moment.
Kingdaro #2
Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:21 PM
Interesting seeing you on here :)/>/>

Also, I'm pretty sure the features in "edit2" are in the new version of edit in 1.4, minus the cursor position. However it says what line you're on.
freem #3
Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:30 PM
Interesting seeing you on here :)/>/>
actually it would make sense; I like Minecraft, I like coding in Lua… :v

Also, I'm pretty sure the features in "edit2" are in the new version of edit in 1.4, minus the cursor position. However it says what line you're on.
After loading Technic/CC1.4, it appears you're right. I guess I will continue working on edit2 (I want to add RControl+G for jumping to lines, among other features)
Kingdaro #4
Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:06 AM
I'd like to see an undo feature in edit - I tried making my own but it's still incredibly glitchy :S
dobisan #5
Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:58 PM
edit2 is very useful. :)/>/> thanks. :D/>/>