This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
L1ttle_L1on's profile picture

Installing CC on a server

Started by L1ttle_L1on, 05 September 2012 - 06:55 PM
L1ttle_L1on #1
Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:55 PM
Hello all!

I am terribly new at managing a Minecraft server and after seeing ComputerCraft I want to install it very, very much. Unfortunately I am terribly new at this thing and I don't even know how to install any mods or even get an older version of the Minecraft client running. I am sure with a bit of work I can figure out how to get the proper versions of MC Forge and ComputerCraft running on a server, but I haven't the slightest idea how to get my friends and myself running the Minecraft 1.2.5 client alongside the most recent Minecraft version. I would do a nice google search, but I usually get junk and no helpful articles. Any wisdom for installing MC Forge, CC and running older versions of MC client would be greatly appreciated.

With this post being my first activity on this forum please feel free to delete it/ban me if the answers I seek can easily be solved by applying myself a little more. I'll take the hint.

Thanks guys!
Teraminer #2
Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:10 PM
first off the server NEEDS to be 1.2.5 cause CC is not for 1.3.2 , secondly if you want the 1.2.5 cleint go here http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/106402-tool-cyborgs-tools-mcnostalgia-104/.

PS:In the minecraft forums topic of CC there are install instrucions :D/>/>, I appologise for my bad english.
L1ttle_L1on #3
Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:23 PM
I had taken a brief look through the search box; I guess I was a little lazy when searching. Thank you none the less.
Noodle #4
Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:49 PM
The question is, Vanilla/Bukkit?
L1ttle_L1on #5
Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:10 PM
Vanilla, I think vanilla is a great thing. A friend friend's had bad experience with a bukkit server that had too many mods installed, which was their fault I know. So I'm sufficiently scared off of running anything non-vanilla, unless anyone calls me out for being an idiot.

I had a look at MCNostalgia 2.1.2 and it looks great. So the process here is 1) Downgrade my MC server to the correct version, 2) Follow instructions to install MC Forge into my server, 3) Follow easier instruction to install CC into my server, 4) Repeat last steps for the client side, 5) (optional) type up instructions for my friends to follow.
Noodle #6
Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:36 PM
Ok..
http://jenkins.minecraftforge.net:7070/job/Forge/145/
Download the Server part
Click + Drag into (inside using winrar) 1.2.5 minecraft_server.jar
Then Run the server.. if it errors, you have the wrong jar
If it runs, then download CC1.41 for Vanilla server on the CC wiki
Then put it into folder, then run server.
If it errors.. Post error
L1ttle_L1on #7
Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:47 PM
Thank you so very much for this. I'll give it a try once asap. Soon of course being once I'm back at home and away from this terrible iMac G4.