This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
pontusedberg's profile picture

[Sugestion] Computer Screens Displays Letter+Numbers

Started by pontusedberg, 02 March 2012 - 07:29 AM
pontusedberg #1
Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:29 AM
Well its a rather simpple request, baicily that the screen can display letters or numbers
And im talking on the screen, you dont need to right click on it to see the letter,

Manly use, for alpahbetic machines or calculator's
passinglurker #2
Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:41 AM
its already in the works

Binarin #3
Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:32 PM
its already in the works

What is that? I can't find any information about anything like that in the wiki. Can you link some info?
Liraal #4
Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:14 PM
Monitor peripheral for CC. It was around for some time but now it's not available to public for reasons unknown.
Casper7526 #5
Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:37 PM
It was never available to the public, and it's because it will become part of CC 1.31
Bard #6
Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:14 PM
that's awesome, now it just needs camera to do something like this old mod except you'd be able to do way more stuff with it, being linked to a computer and all ;D
Make it a camera on a turtle with a modem and you get a remote drone ;D
pieiscool32 #7
Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:24 PM
the keyboard looking thing, is that for a wireless read from the keyboard?
Cloudy #8
Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:43 PM
the keyboard looking thing, is that for a wireless read from the keyboard?

No, that was a controller block for the monitors. It is no longer needed in 1.31. I am, however, thinking of working on a separate wireless keyboard peripheral so you can use the computer remotely.

Just for information, it was supposed to look like a VGA port :mellow:/>/>

Liraal #9
Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:54 PM
Will there be an info available about coding peripherals? I'd like to code a HDD.
pieiscool32 #10
Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:09 PM
Well, now that you mention it, it does. Yet no one uses VGA anymore, people use HDMI, get with the picture!
hehe…. But no, sorry for the confusion, and there is an idea for you to ponder on, that is going to be interesting. A wireless keyboard, in minecraft! So now I can play minecraft in minecraft in peace on the big screen….