This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
unstopablekk's profile picture

Cool Viruses?

Started by unstopablekk, 02 March 2012 - 11:41 PM
unstopablekk #1
Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:41 AM
Can anyone create a couple viruses that do various harmful things to my friends computer? I already have one that continues to write ect. I would like the script be able to be written on the floppy disk startup. please provide a description on what the virus does as well.
FuzzyPurp #2
Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:47 AM
continues to write? = eating p HDD space? that's grief
MissileMoose #3
Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:59 PM
If you're wanting to make a virus for ComputerCraft, please make one that doesn't affect the actual server. Else you may as well make a 'real' virus. B)/>/>

If you're playing on a server with an Economy, you could create a virus that constantly shuts down the terminal after boot. Then sell the floppy disk to repair it. Just like in the real world. :unsure:/>/>
Alex_ #4
Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:50 PM
Look in the program library there is probebly some ive seen 2 good ones but i don't see the point in viruses
kamnxt #5
Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:25 PM
Try this one :(/>/> It prints random 1's and 0's :

os.pullEvent = os.pullEventRaw --No ctrl + T!
while true do
s = ""
for i=1, 50 do
s = s..math.random(0,1)
end
write(s)
sleep(0)
end
BlackRa1n #6
Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:30 PM
I have made a virus & an anti-virus. Look in signature for link! Please post feedback on the thread aswell!
ComputerCraftFan11 #7
Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:39 PM
I made a hacker that lets you control other people's computers when they turn it on
BlackRa1n #8
Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:44 PM
I made a hacker that lets you control other people's computers when they turn it on

Now that, I would love to see! :o/>/>
Link? :o/>/>
Cloudy #9
Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:57 PM
Viruses are cool and all as a coding exercise… But then you realise that they are easy to eradicate using a floppy drive.
ComputerCraftFan11 #10
Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/550-ccf11s-viruses-provirus/page__fromsearch__1
Wolvan #11
Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

http://www.computerc...__fromsearch__1
Do you know how to start a programm with parameters inside of a program? So you type in the program for example help turtle and it splits the command into the program help and the parameter turtle
ComputerCraftFan11 #12
Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

http://www.computerc...__fromsearch__1
Do you know how to start a programm with parameters inside of a program? So you type in the program for example help turtle and it splits the command into the program help and the parameter turtle

shell.run("help", "turtle")

each parameter needs another quote
Wolvan #13
Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:25 AM
shell.run("help", "turtle")

each parameter needs another quote
Yes I know that but I want to know, if you type for example a the string "cd rom" and that the program will split it in the command cd and the parameter rom
Espen #14
Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:10 PM
Yes I know that but I want to know, if you type for example a the string "cd rom" and that the program will split it in the command cd and the parameter rom
No, you have to split the string yourself. And since there is no stock split function in Lua, you'll have to write your own or take one from the internet. :o/>/>
Wolvan #15
Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:37 PM
No, you have to split the string yourself. And since there is no stock split function in Lua, you'll have to write your own or take one from the internet. :o/>/>
Thx for quick reply I think I just use tomass' StrUtils API
Espen #16
Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:55 PM
Thx for quick reply I think I just use tomass' StrUtils API
I'd classify that as "taking one from the internet", hehe. :o/>/> jk