This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
tysonnoodles's profile picture

Tron world

Started by tysonnoodles, 10 September 2012 - 07:24 AM
tysonnoodles #1
Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:24 AM
Ok, I have poured over the suggestions, and it seems I am the only one to have had this idea (bad sign!)

I think it would be awesome to have a craftable laser (like the one in TRON and TRON legacy) that teleports you to a world inside your computer. I think, it would have to have a special cable that plugs into your computer, maybe a special port you have to attach (like the modems).

The world itself, would be a very simple, super flat world. It would have to be constantly night, with lightning storms. As for mobs I think it would be kinda cool to have TRON style creepers etc. Maybe borrow the AI from npc villagers to make regular programs.

Obviously there would have to be a whole heap of new blocks, armour, weapons etc. I dunno, maybe this is dumb, but who knows?
Mtdj2 #2
Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:45 AM
Sounds like a pretty good suggestion. I think it's unlikely to be a part of the mod, but maybe a peripheral for such things? Maybe you should be able to program this world yourself, like, making it's shape, setting the blast power of the TRON-creepers and other awesome things. I really like this!
1lann #3
Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:11 PM
The purpose of ComputerCraft was to make computers in minecraft. Not a whole brand new entire dimension with special mobs and blocks and stuff. Sorry to burst your bubble but I EXTREMELY doubt it would be added as doing such a thing is not as easy as 1 2 3. Adding computers to minecraft wasn't too hard because the programming language Lua, has these packs which basically allows Lua to be implemented into anything.

Also I highly doubt the CC Peripheral API can do such a thing
Mendax #4
Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:00 PM
Peripheral API plus a dimension mod I think would do it, just a peripheral to call a method in java that teleports you to a dimension.