This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ComputerCraftFan11's profile picture

[HTTP] Proxies

Started by ComputerCraftFan11, 14 September 2012 - 02:17 AM
ComputerCraftFan11 #1
Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:17 AM
Computercraft needs a proxy function, in some server when I try to test out some things with friends, the IP that I try to use is usually blocked and it would really help if there was some sort of proxy function that would go like this:

http.proxy("ip","port")
Then it would change the ip ONLY FOR THAT COMPUTER.

(Or add the ability to change your ip in the config so people don't ban me from doing things like logging in to minecraft.net on my non-dedicated servers)
Gamerhqweb #2
Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:37 AM
You could write an API for it or edit the HTTP api. I have no clue on how this could be achieved but nothing is impossible! :)/>/> Good luck!
ComputerCraftFan11 #3
Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:55 PM
You could write an API for it or edit the HTTP api. I have no clue on how this could be achieved but nothing is impossible! :)/>/> Good luck!

I think the HTTP api is coded in java, so I can't
Cloudy #4
Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:07 PM
Can any server owners let me know if you think allowing this would be a security risk?
djblocksaway #5
Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:53 AM
Can any server owners let me know if you think allowing this would be a security risk?

hmm not that im aware off because if your a server host it uses the hosts ip as default, then when people upload to pastebin it blocks u out after theres to many uploads so i think this would be helpful :3