This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
LuaNoob's profile picture

Computercraft tablet?

Started by LuaNoob, 15 September 2012 - 05:34 PM
LuaNoob #1
Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:34 PM
I know there are thousands of other ideas simillar to mine but…anyone think its possible to add a portable device into the mod? To make it less OP it can consume some sort of energy like a redstone battery or electricity?what do you guys think?
MysticT #2
Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:43 PM
There's something like that already. It's a peripheral, and doesn't work really well right now, but it's definetly possible to do.
matejdro #3
Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:38 PM
Only proper way to do that would be that it would be slave computer that could only send and receive commands from other computers, not run anything by itself. This way it would not be OP.
Sebra #4
Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:30 AM
Oh no!
Just send and receive is so bad.
Tiny display, no RS signaling, no Peripherals … not overpowered.
Are you want it unable to be a calculator?
matejdro #5
Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:36 AM
You can make it calculator by sending your input to nearest computer, then computer performs calculation and sends result back to the tablet.
Sebra #6
Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:48 PM
Even if it called "pda" it is not. It is only a remote console.
Would you like your android to wait while some google will add 2 to 3?
Would you like your ipad to show you server's coords when you try to GPS yours?
LuaNoob #7
Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:48 PM
Interesting……….ill check these out, thanks.
Tiin57 #8
Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:05 PM
Why would you bump this three month old topic to say, "ill check these out"? Honestly, no one cared and as soon as I get home, I'm going to report this topic for being against the "Things NOT to post".
Edit: Home, reported.
Bubba #9
Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:21 PM
Why would you bump this three month old topic to say, "ill check these out"? Honestly, no one cared and as soon as I get home, I'm going to report this topic for being against the "Things NOT to post".

You do know that you can change the theme from a mobile device to the desktop version don't you? No need to wait till you get home to do it, just do it right now.

On topic though, I really, really, really wish people would use some common sense when posting things. Topic is three months old? Common sense dictates you only bump it with useful information!

/endrage
Lyqyd #10
Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:05 PM
Don't post that you're going to report things, or that you've reported them. Just report them.

This has been suggested over and over again, and is already planned besides. Locked.