This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Lithia's profile picture

Turtle + Computer upgrade (attachable Turrets)

Started by Lithia, 17 September 2012 - 10:29 PM
Lithia #1
Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:29 AM
Hey peeps

i was recently playing with ccSensors
and i saw that it could sense players and mobs ect

So i was wondering if its possible to make a type of Turret that aims by the X Y Z
but only had a range of lets say 30 blocks but cannot shoot through blocks either

Good for Home security on servers or just keeping those creepers away!
Cranium #2
Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:36 AM
Why in the world would you pervert the wonderfully passive turtles in such a violent way?
Lithia #3
Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:41 AM
Why in the world would you pervert the wonderfully passive turtles in such a violent way?

Its an idea from my Unlimited Creativity :3 <insert evil laugh here>
D3matt #4
Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:39 AM
Turtles can swing at mobs and drop TNT, they're not passive.
baturinsky #5
Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:21 AM
If you have Redpower and IndustrialCraft, you can put a deployer with laser adjactent to turtle, so it can send redstone to it to fire.
Shame turtle can't use items like deployers do.
D3matt #6
Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:03 AM
If you have Redpower and IndustrialCraft, you can put a deployer with laser adjactent to turtle, so it can send redstone to it to fire.
Wait, that works?

EPIC!
Lithia #7
Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

I may Check that out
Thanks for the info
Cloudy #8
Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:34 AM
Turtles using items more properly is something we may look into in the future - they are capable of right clicking (they do so with buckets and the like).
KaoS #9
Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:37 AM
I made a sensor array that checks around my base, if you are not invited it opens the wall to reveal a dispenser filled with musket rounds (weapon mod :)/>/>) and launches you full of bullets, only way to survive is quantum armour from IC2.

PS: maybe you did not know but a dispenser can instantly launch musket rounds with infinite range, no need for the actual musket. you can also load it with cannon balls and gunpowder for an insane firing power (and the cannon fires far too)

EDIT: forgot to mention that as you run along the wall closes and opens a new one where you are. no escape. unfortunately the musket machine gun gets slightly reduced accuracy at long range but a single hit at close range will kill the average player, two at long range. I use 2 dispensers simultaneously, 4 bullets a second
Lithia #10
Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:00 AM
I made a sensor array that checks around my base, if you are not invited it opens the wall to reveal a dispenser filled with musket rounds (weapon mod :)/>/>) and launches you full of bullets, only way to survive is quantum armour from IC2.

PS: maybe you did not know but a dispenser can instantly launch musket rounds with infinite range, no need for the actual musket. you can also load it with cannon balls and gunpowder for an insane firing power (and the cannon fires far too)

EDIT: forgot to mention that as you run along the wall closes and opens a new one where you are. no escape. unfortunately the musket machine gun gets slightly reduced accuracy at long range but a single hit at close range will kill the average player, two at long range. I use 2 dispensers simultaneously, 4 bullets a second

Can they Aim at player?

i am looking for something to shoot someone out of the sky or moving targets
KaoS #11
Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:06 AM
it is designed to fire in a single line so technically speaking no. I compensated by making one every block across so as long as you are on the ground you get shot, the system is incredibly flawed by the fact that I cannot fire diagonally so approaching from the corner ensures that I cannot shoot you but I know that so I planned various other conniving systems (lava pits with simultaneous suffocation and force field cells etc) for those determined enough to gain entry. I still do not quite know why I bothered :)/>/> I just love making traps. not like they could find my stuff anyways (it only opens up when I'm near and a button is pressed, I even hid the button lol)
Lithia #12
Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:11 AM
it is designed to fire in a single line so technically speaking no. I compensated by making one every block across so as long as you are on the ground you get shot, the system is incredibly flawed by the fact that I cannot fire diagonally so approaching from the corner ensures that I cannot shoot you but I know that so I planned various other conniving systems (lava pits with simultaneous suffocation and force field cells etc) for those determined enough to gain entry. I still do not quite know why I bothered :)/>/> I just love making traps. not like they could find my stuff anyways (it only opens up when I'm near and a button is pressed, I even hid the button lol)

The best way then is to make a Hallway with guns at the end then :D/>/> Thanks for the idea :3
KaoS #13
Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:19 AM
what you could do is use RP2 and frames to move your dispenser around before it fires, I tried the hallway Idea, make the roof and floor open and use RP2 frames to insert dispensers through the holes and then make them alternate fire (looks cooler and knocks back twice as far as the impacts are separate). if you would just place them in the wall then that is fine but if you want to use this idea make sure to use a fairly long passage, my bro just quantum-suit super speeds through and hacks up the dispensers before they can open fire (that is until I put a lava pitfall just before them [Evil Grin] )

take a look at this post, it may help. PM me if you need any help or if you think of any particularly bad traps of course. I would love to collaborate
Xfel #14
Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:50 AM
What about a dispenser turtle (crafted with bow) which could, well just dispense items, but you would be able to set the fire angles? this would allow to fire at a specific point (it still can't see, but that's something else)
KaoS #15
Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:04 PM
another interesting fact for you trap builders: the cannon dispenser cannot destroy IC2 reinforced stone and I think obsidian as well, use that around the detonation area to ensure that you don't blow holes in your base, I wanted to make a small container where you fall in and get shot to pieces, it worked with muskets but if they have diamond armour/better they can do a little damage to the trap before it kills them so I wanted to use cannons instead but then the dispensers would destroy eachother. I then learned the following:

while the reinforced stone/obsidian protects any block just behind it if a mob/player is directly on the other side during the explosion they take damage (I should check if any damage is prevented sometime). you drop them into a reinforced cell and bomb it until they die, it is so great because they have no idea where the damage is coming from. it is another awesome way of trapping and making your enemies miserable.

Give it a try, but be careful to not break your base (I would advise some creative fiddling first)
Cranium #16
Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:44 PM
Ultimate awesomeness: Self destruct mode. Someone tries to use your turtle without your code? BOOM. Kamikaze turtle. BOOM. Make one with a dispenser to shoot TNT. BOOM. Yessss…..we must have this peripheral….MWUAHAHAHAA!!!
Sebra #17
Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:32 PM
What about a dispenser turtle (crafted with bow) which could, well just dispense items, but you would be able to set the fire angles? this would allow to fire at a specific point (it still can't see, but that's something else)
It would be more fun if you make Bow to be usable as a main tool (instead of Sword).
GopherAtl #18
Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:47 PM
Archer turtles would be nice, but how to aim when they're blind, that is the question. I may be the only one, but I kindof want fishing turtles, equipped with fishing poles. :)/>/>
Cranium #19
Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:57 PM
Archer turtles would be nice, but how to aim when they're blind, that is the question. I may be the only one, but I kindof want fishing turtles, equipped with fishing poles. :)/>/>
That's actually a very neat idea. Have a turtle do all of your tedious fishing, and it would even suck up all of the fish it catches, and return home when it is full if programmed correctly.
stilldabomb #20
Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:30 AM
I bet you could do all of this. I don't know how, but you can do almost anything in vanilla minecrat. So if you programmed a computer correctly with some other things, you could actually probably do this…
Lithia #21
Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:15 AM
That would be a Great idea!
Adding a Program for a turtle to Right click with an item
Having an (ITEM) slot for the turtle

and a program so i can go

ItemUse <Item> <side> < amount > <Time>

Like Redpulse
BigSHinyToys #22
Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:34 AM
If you want huge fire power and to hit moving targets then This is what you are looking for.

The ICBM mod has a rail gun this is electric powered. by building the bellow configuration you can mount the gun and aim it while it is fires by the Redstone clock. the batteries act as capacitors and allow for one round per second or better. one round can cut through about 30 meters through stone and ground does massive damage.

KaoS #23
Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:07 AM
lol, you crazy psycho, I like the way my base looks thanks but I would so use this like a Big Bertha in total annihilation, long range, inter base artillery
Sebra #24
Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:38 PM
Get signal from Pressure Plates for example. Random shooting for other example. Get order and coords by Modem from Player for third. This requires Modem as "right" upgrade.

Fishing poles? Why not. Especially if .Detect() would be allowed to distinguish liquids.
But to drug some Pigs from Pressure Plates would be quite a fun too.
KaoS #25
Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:20 PM
just use a CCsensor :)/>/>