This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
tommyroyall's profile picture

A turtle fork-bomb.

Started by tommyroyall, 04 March 2012 - 01:09 AM
tommyroyall #1
Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:09 AM
I know this may sound like an extremely stupid question, but what about turtles that made turtles, then that were in a network with an auto-read of that network and that instructed them to make more turtles. Etc. Would that be possible?
Advert #2
Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:42 AM
Yes, but not quite: turtles can't craft. If you supplied them with additional turtles, though, then yes, you could.
tommyroyall #3
Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:49 AM
Hmm. Time to crash some shit :3
passinglurker #4
Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:52 AM
cookiebal has a program named project world eater that does almost what your asking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwttgCLUuI
rerere284 #5
Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:45 AM
If you had a mod which has a block which can place blocks when powered by redstone, (like the one in better than wolves) then you could use that to give the turtles stuff, and turtles could give it stuff with obsidian pipes.

The main problem is that you would need to create a massive sorting machine for the materials….
FuzzyPurp #6
Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:58 AM
If you had a mod which has a block which can place blocks when powered by redstone, (like the one in better than wolves) then you could use that to give the turtles stuff, and turtles could give it stuff with obsidian pipes.

The main problem is that you would need to create a massive sorting machine for the materials….

Umm i think there's a block that in rp2.
Bard #7
Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Umm i think there's a block that in rp2.

yes there is, it's called deployer, it can place blocks and use items (basically simulates a right click targeted at the space in front of it), and it is awesome.