This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
App1eGenius93's profile picture

I have a large CC project some may like....

Started by App1eGenius93, 23 September 2012 - 12:49 AM
App1eGenius93 #1
Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:49 AM
Current Team Size (including me): 6

Hello everyone!

Okay so some may have heard of project Netblock. Well recently they kinda shutdown… With that, and the fact that I am currently working towards a degree in IT + the fact that tekkit is awesome in general, I have been playing a lot with ComputerCraft and trying to make a realistic network for things. When I say network I mean like routers, switches, hubs, DNS, file servers, anything really.

So, I am looking for a bunch of people (at least five before I actually get this started as I'm not going to setup a server and all that if people aren't interested) that would be interested in working as a team to try and pull of some cool stuff that we can hopefully get written into an actual distributable form that others can use. A plus would be new friends :P/>/>

So if your interested in joining me on this project, please PM me with your IGN, age, and if you have a good microphone or not. (Edit: also what timezone your in, I'm in U.S. Eastern Standard Time)

—- MORE DETAILS —- (Details related to the server are those that I can get on demand, but aren't allocated to me at this moment)
  • 24/7 Server
  • 1GB RAM (expandable when we have the load requiring it)
  • Whitelisted so only the team could access it
  • HTTP API enabled
  • Either a regular Minecraft server with the latest computercraft mod installed or we can use Technic pack (we will decide on that later)
  • Teamspeak server available with a channel just for the team (I run the entire server anyways so no prob there)
That's all I can think of for now, please post any questions below. I'll update this post with the number of people who have been accepted onto the team.
cant_delete_account #2
Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:11 AM
PM sent.
App1eGenius93 #3
Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:51 PM
Server is up. Whitelisted only so if people want to join still please PM me. We will make a new post probably with the project information and status.