This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
UMayBleed's profile picture

[1.46][Adv Comp] bleedOS 2.0.8pr3 [Nov 2nd]

Started by UMayBleed, 23 September 2012 - 05:08 AM
UMayBleed #1
Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:08 AM
bleedOS

What is bleedOS?

This operating system is unique, and has or will have features that other Operating systems do not have and continues to get better and better.

News November 1st

I haven't done much lately on it, but i am now working on a new home area, and i have changed the Services area. Also bleedServer is now a service of bleedOS, BUT this is going to be FTP, and email server. Also i will be working on a control panel, and a automatic startup program that you can set when your computer starts up, and i am going to fix the stay logged on feature as well. Control panel will have alot in it.

Downloads:

Want a list of all the bleedOS releases?
Click here

• Includes system updates and fixes
  • 
    pastebin get sC4KnmLY install

2.0.8pr1
  • Start of bleedMail and bleedMail Server
2.0.8pr3 (ONLY WORKS ON ADVANCED COMPUTERS!!!!, only in the official release we will port it to the normal.)

Pastebin
pastebin get x9pu0AaV install
  • Home area completely redone, Sort of looks like WindowsXP, but it'll be a lot different
To enter the new menu, click Enter, then Up and Down to scroll, and Enter to go into a sub menu. After that Backspace will take you back, and back again. Click enter in a sub menu to click.
  • Using colors now.
  • New Forms API, This is so far just the home area, but soon will have APIs for Input forms, Window drawing, and more.
Major features in bleedOS:
  • bleedMail client/server (2.0.8, not completed), this is a program that allows you to send email to other bleedOS computers that are on the same version or later. It will try to send to the client you want, if it fails, it will send to the server your account is on.
  • domainServer (DNS server), this allows ingame domains such as mywebsite.com, it will redirect to the computer that that website is on.
  • FTP client/server (2.0.8, not yet included, but will be), the FTP server allows storage of files, and the server owner must create users that the clients user to login.
API's made for bleedOS?
All the bleedOS API's are included in the api/ directory, and each one is made for bleedOS, to help it get developed easier.

here is the major API's:
  • Network, this API allows for easier data transfer between systems.
  • menu, this has a unique feature that makes it easier to make menus for your programs. will have mouse clicking support in 2.0.8, or 2.0.9
How can i make programs for bleedOS?

Currently, bleedOS doesnt have much program creating support, but this is because i am trying to get the main system done before working on that. plans for more support is in 2.0.9.

Developers:
UMayBleed (Me), Lead developer, started bleedOS, and programmed all of it so far.
AwsomeHawk, he is working on his own projects to get better, then he is working on bleedOS
pilot59, doing remote printing testing by himself, he is learning more about rednet for more skills to work on bleedOS
makerimages #2
Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:50 AM
how are you gonna make the unique product key thing work?
sjele #3
Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:52 AM
The product key works the same as a pw lock.
makerimages #4
Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:15 AM
i mean the random generation of it
UMayBleed #5
Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:11 PM
The product key works the same as a pw lock.

Thats not how i do it, its randomly generated.
makerimages #6
Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:16 PM
how does it randomly generate?
UMayBleed #7
Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:03 PM
how does it randomly generate?

pdkey=math.random(1000,9999).."-"..math.random(1000,9999).."-"..math.random(1000,9999).."-"..math.random(1000,9999)

the chance of the same product key is extremely small, consider it will not get thousands of computers with it on the same world.
UMayBleed #8
Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:45 PM
Why is this topic so dead?
PixelToast #9
Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:13 PM
*plays still alive*
SpoilerThis was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
bleedOS
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
because there are a million oses out there, so nobody has taken the time to actually use it
UMayBleed #10
Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:25 PM
*plays still alive*
bleedOS
We do what we must
because we can.
because there are a million oses out there, so nobody has taken the time to actually use it

Well the next update for bleedOS will have more useful things, i have looked at alot of OS's for computercraft, and have not found one that is like mine.
ChaddJackson12 #11
Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:05 AM
*plays still alive*
bleedOS
We do what we must
because we can.

Well the next update for bleedOS will have more useful things, i have looked at alot of OS's for computercraft, and have not found one that is like mine.
Maybe giving it another name would catch more attention of something; instead of an OS make it do something unique or something and name it after that. The reason for saying this is that people most likely expect that this is the same type of OS that everyone else has made (including me). I would figure giving it another name like a mail server or something instead of OS. Just an idea, don't bite my head off if you don't like it :3
UMayBleed #12
Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:08 PM
maybe your right, but bleedOS 2.0.8 is going to be the biggest update yet it may get people
pilot59 #13
Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:12 AM
I like it :D/>/>
UMayBleed #14
Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:50 AM
I like it :D/>/>

:P/>/>
UMayBleed #15
Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:19 PM
All the operating systems here are mostly just replicas, however, there are some operating systems that actually prove themselves to be unique in one way or another.
:3 this Operating System is unique because of product keys, I haven't seen that technique used since Cannon OS.

Well, I've not seen ANY operating system that uses so many files, folders, and programs. I have so much coding done on bleed-OS, that I'm amazed myself. It's the biggest project I've ever worked on, and people inspire me to keep going.
UMayBleed #16
Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:57 PM
:P/>/> <– This thread is like a ninja, silent.
ChaddJackson12 #17
Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:37 PM
:P/>/> <– This thread is like a ninja, silent.
Indeed.
UMayBleed #18
Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

function Bump()
sleep(1)
print("bump!")
end
for i=1, 10000, 0.001 do
sleep(1)
Bump()
end
Jimothybob #19
Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:16 AM
So when do us bleedplacians get to use your beta email system? ^_^/>/>
UMayBleed #20
Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:18 AM
So when do us bleedplacians get to use your beta email system? ^_^/>/>

bleedplacians = BleedPlace Server Members, but its a private server, and i develop on that and the tekkit.
rokkwarr #21
Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:58 AM
Well, I'm tryin out bleedOS-2.0.8-pr2… Interesting to say the least. Though is there a possibility for a dedicated server for the email and such? Would be nice.
Oh, and FYI. Might just want to toss blank "index.html" in the zip subfolders so the "beta" zip files aren't exposed to the web. Still nice though. Can't wait for a nearly finished product.
UMayBleed #22
Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:33 PM
Well, I'm tryin out bleedOS-2.0.8-pr2… Interesting to say the least. Though is there a possibility for a dedicated server for the email and such? Would be nice.
Oh, and FYI. Might just want to toss blank "index.html" in the zip subfolders so the "beta" zip files aren't exposed to the web. Still nice though. Can't wait for a nearly finished product.

Well i dont care who tests it, but i just dont show the dowloads for beta.
Jimothybob #23
Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:21 AM
Oh yah bleed, you deleted the map, you better have backups of your unreleased betas………….
UMayBleed #24
Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:59 PM
Oh yah bleed, you deleted the map, you better have backups of your unreleased betas………….

I store the files on my computer then upload
UMayBleed #25
Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:19 AM
for i=1, 1000 do
forum.bump()
sleep(1)
end

print("I am trying to bump this a little :D/>/>")
Shnupbups #26
Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:35 AM
Can you make the latest one (2.0.8pr3) have a pastebin get download?
PWEEZ? Then I will try it out.
UMayBleed #27
Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yes i will, give me a moment
UMayBleed #28
Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

done
LDShadowLord #29
Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:29 AM
I would like dedicated servers. It doesn't make sense that you would install an entire operating system just for a server so yeah, that would be cool.
todry #30
Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:34 AM
Will it have a remote data storage system because being able to send files to the server then getting the files on a different computer is nice to have.
pielover88888 #31
Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:54 AM
I noticed a problem in my head.. when i hit enter, space, and the left/right arrow keys, it just goes through "user", "programs", and bleedOS, so, how do we…you know.. "click"/select/go to one? xD

EDIT: oh, nvm it was the down key.. interesting :D/>
watsonj11 #32
Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:17 AM
*plays still alive*
bleedOS
We do what we must
because we can.
what has portal got to do with an OS???
Cruor #33
Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:34 AM
*plays still alive*
bleedOS
We do what we must
because we can.
what has portal got to do with an OS???
Please refrain from useless necro posts.
Locked.