This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DSlink2010's profile picture

Any challenges?

Started by DSlink2010, 30 September 2012 - 09:44 PM
DSlink2010 #1
Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:44 PM
Got any challenges for me?Post you're challenge!
This can be ANY kind of challenge.If I like you're challenge and its possible for me, then I will post this:
Hey!How about a chat program?

Challenge accepted
Thats how it would look!
Bye!Remember to post you're challenges!
Cloudy #2
Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:54 PM
Moved to general.
GopherAtl #3
Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:41 AM
there's the thread in general labeled [challenge] right now, to program a crafty mining turtle that can, entirely by itself, mine the resources to build two more turtles. There's another in the media section to play, and preferably video, yourself playing computercraft with the restriction of doing everything via the turtle programming, so you don't actualy mine yourself - which is similar, but a lot easier since it doesn't require autonomy from the turtle. If neither of those gets you excited, go check out the "ask a pro" section, people who can't code are always in there asking others to write code for them.
DSlink2010 #4
Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:33 PM
Moved to general.
Ok.
DSlink2010 #5
Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:34 PM
there's the thread in general labeled [challenge] right now, to program a crafty mining turtle that can, entirely by itself, mine the resources to build two more turtles. There's another in the media section to play, and preferably video, yourself playing computercraft with the restriction of doing everything via the turtle programming, so you don't actualy mine yourself - which is similar, but a lot easier since it doesn't require autonomy from the turtle. If neither of those gets you excited, go check out the "ask a pro" section, people who can't code are always in there asking others to write code for them.
Ok, I'll check out the "Ask A Pro" Section.
DSlink2010 #6
Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:37 PM
Oh, and the programing languages the i can use are:
  • Lua(Computercraft)
  • C#
  • C++
Ok, so now I might be getting more ideas :P/>/>
Cranium #7
Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:05 PM
Challenge:
Make Computercraft able to interact with IRC. By this, I mean make an IRC reader that can interact with the channel #computercraft, and be able to update a website with it's results. Doing this would allow Computercraft to pull information from #computercraft via the HTTP api, thus being able to display #computercraft on terminals/monitors.
DSlink2010 #8
Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:13 AM
Challenge:
Make Computercraft able to interact with IRC. By this, I mean make an IRC reader that can interact with the channel #computercraft, and be able to update a website with it's results. Doing this would allow Computercraft to pull information from #computercraft via the HTTP api, thus being able to display #computercraft on terminals/monitors.

Challenge accepted

Challenge:

Challenge accepted
Oh yeah, how do you like my new avatar?Its annoying!(Loading thingy)
Cranium #9
Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:15 AM
….You quoted my post twice….Why?
DSlink2010 #10
Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:30 AM
Challenge:
I made it work IN A WAY.
It gets the website, but it gets the HTML code, but I don't want that…
Anyways, I could make it save the HTML code to a file, then it basicly copys the .html file part of the website…
So, yeah…
EDIT:Thats it…I need a hint on how to get just the chat instead of the html code…

….You quoted my post twice….Why?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.Don't know…
Edited on 01 October 2012 - 10:54 PM
jag #11
Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:49 AM
Soooooo, how about a chat system. That can have multiple people in it.
Smartest would be to have a "server" where the info about the chatting computers are.

You know, a computer tells the server that it wants to join. So the server tells everyone that already in the chat that someone just joined.
And so when someone send something, they will send it to the server, and the server will get it and then send it out to everyone.

I hope you get the point!
Cranium #12
Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:56 AM
Smartest would be to have a "server" where the info about the chatting computers are.

You know, a computer tells the server that it wants to join. So the server tells everyone that already in the chat that someone just joined.
And so when someone send something, they will send it to the server, and the server will get it and then send it out to everyone.

I'm actually working on that right now. having a little problem with the sending/receiving, as i have been trying to test on servers, but…….lots of rednet spammers keep messing up what I get… :)/>/>
Orwell #13
Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:03 AM
Challenge:
I made it work IN A WAY.
Anyways, I could make it save the HTML code to a file, then it basicly copys the .html file part of the website…
So, yeah…
EDIT:Thats it…I need a hint on how to get just the chat instead of the html code…

Just parse the html into a tree and then generate a list from the corresponding branch? Google for 'html parsing' or something ; )
[hint: if you wanna cheat, I once found a rather good lua html parser on the web somewhere]
BigSHinyToys #14
Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:25 AM
mining program will mine an area given by player example

> mine 12 50 30
or
> mine 32 45 Bedrock
will calculate fuel requirements for the operation and request fuel at start if not holding enough

mob's interfering should be killed and not mess up navigation. upon full load broadcast a message over rednet and return Items to start point chest. should use as little fuel as possible mining the block above in fron and bellow saves you two passes and uses 1/3 the fuel.
broadcast rednet message on completion.

turtle should respond to rednet messages while in operation example "return to start" sends it to the initial chest offload point.

for extra points make a control program that can manage turtles from one console. example dispatching turtles to mine and aerier specified by the player. also should brek big tasks down if more turtles are available to complete them. basically a program better than the one elloram used on DW20 lets play.
DSlink2010 #15
Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:33 AM
Challenge:
I made it work IN A WAY.
So, yeah…

Just parse the html into a tree and then generate a list from the corresponding branch? Google for 'html parsing' or something ; )
[hint: if you wanna cheat, I once found a rather good lua html parser on the web somewhere]
I'll try that :(/>/>
DSlink2010 #16
Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Challenge accepted.
Cranium, that challenge was a bit to hard for me : |
Guys, note that I just came back to lua, I've been doing C#, its much harder...
DSlink2010 #17
Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

I'm actually working on that right now. having a little problem with the sending/receiving, as i have been trying to test on servers, but…….lots of rednet spammers keep messing up what I get… <_</>/>
Removed dis text.