This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Billeeeee's profile picture

Computer ID's stop at #20

Started by Billeeeee, 01 October 2012 - 03:16 PM
Billeeeee #1
Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:16 PM
So on my friends server, I use computers very often. However when I reached a computer with the ID 18 and 19, I accidently broke the one which was ID #18. Then when I replaced it, the ID had changed to #1. Now for every computer I place, they all turn to ID #1. I don't know what it going on. There is nothing to specify the amount of computers allowed in the config of the server nor the computercraft config. Please can someone help because this may be a security leak in our small computer infrastructure and we can't create new computers.
Zudo #2
Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:23 PM
I'm not sure but try deleting the folder "computer" in the world folder and try again
Cranium #3
Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:32 PM
It could also be that if you guys are deleting folders with no data, ie. folder #1, and the such, it automatically goes to the next numerical value, not in sequence. So if you have 19 fcomputers, but only 18 and 19 have data. Then you delete the folders 1-17, the mod will look for the lowest available number, and put it down as id #1, since it does not exist.
Billeeeee #4
Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:18 PM
The thing is 1-10/11 all have data ;/. I'll see if we can save all the code we've already done and delete the files, then paste it back in.
immibis #5
Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:12 PM
Are you in creative?
Cranium #6
Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:38 PM
Good point, immibis. If the computers are labeled, they will pop with the same data. You would want to use "label clear" to remove a lable, and get another computer of higher numerical value.