This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
alux35's profile picture

Deluxe Turtle Farming Suite

Started by alux35, 01 October 2012 - 11:30 PM
alux35 #1
Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:30 AM
Deluxe Turtle Farming Suite V1.0 Beta

Download - V1.1 - http://www.mediafire...fmhgbr4qt19itfe

Old Downloads:
SpoilerDownload - V1 - http://www.mediafire...vldxc2798o715r8

This suite of turtle programs is intended for use with farming and planting melons, pumpkins, sugar cane, and wheat.

Turtle Start Positions:
Melon and Pumpkin - Facing the crop on the right side with 1 empty block in between the first possible crop and the turtle
Sugar Cane - Facing the crops on the right most row of crops directly in front of the first plant
Wheat - Facing the crops on the right most row of crops directly in front of the first plant

Melon and Pumpkin Planting Start Location:
The only planting program with a different starting position than all the other programs in the suite.
The starting position for the Melon and Pumpkin planting program is on block behind the chest, that is placed in the same position as the others, facing the chest.
This will be fixed in the next version
Spoiler

Please include any and all questions, bugs, and comments as these programs are in development.

Known Bugs:
-If you stand in front of the turtle, it will continue on in the program even if it cannot move forward and will in turn screw up the program.
This bug will be fixed in the next version of the suite

Planned Features:
-Timed Repeats for all harvesting programs like the one in the Melon and Pumpkin Farming program
- Dropoff upon full (quite possible to do with multiple Melon farms)
- Return to chest if fuel empty or calculate fuel needed for whole job (plus extra incase full turtle dropoff is needed)

Changelog:
SpoilerV1.1
Spoiler-Fixed when fuel is not needed in config it returns a nil error when trying to fuel the turtle. Thanks Bushido!

V 1.0:
SpoilerAll Programs:
- Added a prompting system with easy to read and understand questions versus an argument system where the user can forget the order of inputs needed
- Variable length for the farms
- Automatic dropoff into chest placed to the right of the turtle's start position
- If you place bone meal in slot 14 during the planting programs (Melon, Pumpkin, and Wheat) It will use it on the plants to insta-grow. The program will still run however without the bonemeal if you want to grow the crops normally.

Melon and Pumpkin Farming and Planting:
- Functionality for multiple "farms" which include a 4 wide system with 1 water row in between farms
- Repeat system in place with variable quantity of repeats and time between farmings
- The 4 wide system looks like this:
Spoiler

Sugar Cane Farming:
- Runs on an every other row system alternating sugar cane and water
Spoiler

Wheat Farming:
- Since there is no way to detect the growth stage of the wheat, this system assumes that all the crops are fully grown and will harvest the crop even if it is not fully grown
- Runs on an every other row system alternating wheat and water
Spoiler
Bushido #2
Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:12 PM
When i run the wheat program i get farmwheat :3: attempt to call nil not sure if im doing something wrong.
alux35 #3
Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:27 PM
When i run the wheat program i get farmwheat :3: attempt to call nil not sure if im doing something wrong.
Do you have the need fuel setting turned off in your config? Fixed, please try V 1.1
Bushido #4
Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:51 AM
kk might be alittle while tho.

Tried and it still says the same thing for all the programs. Maybe a little more details on the setup i might be messing that up idk, and u miss-spelled fuel in the read me file :(/>/>.

Edit I think i found the problem i will try and fix it tomorrow.