This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Heracles421's profile picture

[cc 1.4] Turtle Remote Control V 2.0

Started by Heracles421, 02 October 2012 - 08:30 PM
Heracles421 #1
Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:30 PM
Turtle Remote Control V 2.0

As the title just says, this is a remote control for a turtle, it uses the rednet system to transmit messages to a turtle, which then makes an action. It currently has 22 programed actions, you could add more actions if you want.

This actions are:
  • Move Forward / Backward
  • Move Up / Down
  • Turn to the Left or to the Right
  • Break blocks in any possible direction
  • Place blocks in any possible direction
  • Change active slot
  • Output a redstone signal
  • Refuel using coal found in the inventory
  • Attack in all possible directions
  • Mine in all possible directions
  • *NEW!* Run programs loaded in the turtle
Pictures:
Spoiler

Code:
Spoiler

Console:
Turtle:

Installation:
Spoiler

Online:
Spoiler

1. Right click any computer in-game
2. Make sure it has a disk drive attached with a disk in it
3. Type the following:
  • pastebin get RwkuBGG7 startup
4. Run the programs on their corresponding machine

Offline:
Spoiler

Mac:
1. Go to Library/Application Support/.minecraft/saves/<your world>/computer/0 and paste both programs there
2. Run the programs on their corresponding machine

Windows:
1. Go to %appdata%/.minecraft/saves/<your world>/computer/0 and paste both programs there

Changelog:
SpoilerOctober 2: First release, V 1.0

October 19: Released version 1.1
New features:
  • Changed key mapping for a simple, user friendly menu
  • Added a new refuel command, use coal only!
  • Added a new visual slot counter
October 21: Released version 1.2
New features:
  • Uploaded the program to pastebin for use with the HTTP Api (Thanks to MrZuribachi for this)
  • Added a new attack command
  • Made the menu more friendly, whenever you have the cursor at the top/bottom of the menu and press an arrow key to go up/down it'll jump to the other side of the menu
  • Added a new option to change from broadcast to send and viceversa. It'll display the current mode on top of the screen. When you're in send mode you'll get 2 extra options to change the send ID, it'll also display the selected ID on top of the screen
  • Cleaned a bit of code that was left from the first release
October 22:
New Features:
  • Made a simple installer that will download the required files to their respective location (Make sure you have a disk drive attached with a disk in it before running the installer)
  • Fixed some version mismatch in both programs (Silly me)
October 24: Released version 1.3
New Features:
  • Added a new mine command, it'll mine in all possible directions
  • Added a new option to change from menu based control to key based control. NOTE: It'll remember the last mode you had selected, if you had broadcast mode it'll broadcast the commands. If you had send mode it'll send the commands to the ID you had selected
  • Added a new way of displaying the version, hopefully that'll prevent version mismatches
October 29: Released version 1.4
New Features:
  • Changed how the redstone output works, it'll output in all directions now
  • Added a new cursor controled menu
  • Changed the way the program starts, now it'll ask you what mode do you want to use, instead of starting with the menu mode directly
November 23:
New Features:
  • Added a new option to the installer, now you can get a tutorial that shows you how to use the control step-by-step
December 25: Released version 1.5
New Features:
  • Updated the key based menu, now it has many of the commands
  • Added a new option to run a program that's currently installed in the turtle (Not available on key based control). NOTE: Selected directory should be the turtle's system files, or else you won't be able to run the programs installed in the turtle
December 26: Released version 2.0
New Features
  • Changed a lot of code to prevent some errors from happening, errors might be minimal or totally gone
  • Added a new line of information: Coordinates. It prints the current turtle's coordinates (X, Y, Z). If the turtle is out of range, or if the turtle wasn't able to connect to the GPS cluster it'll tell you in the coordinates line
  • Added a new line of information: Fuel level. It prints the current turtle's fuel level. If the turtle is out of range it'll tell you in the fuel level line
  • Changed how slot changing works, now it'll make the maths operation in the console computer and then send the result to the turtle, which uses it to choose the slot
  • Added a new security mechanism, now the turtle asks you for the controller's ID at startup. This will stop other people from driving your turtles and will also stop the turtle from bugging nearby computers with broadcasts
  • Now the console automatically detects your modem, instead of asking you for the side. It'll also warn you if you don't have a modem attached to your computer
  • Reached 1410 lines of code!

Want to support the program? Add this banners to your signature!

[url=http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/4663-1314-turtle-remote-control-v14/][IMG]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/Greene1200/turtleRemote_Banner.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/4663-1314-turtle-remote-control-v14/][IMG]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/Greene1200/turtleRemote_Banner_mini.png[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/4663-1314-turtle-remote-control-v14/][IMG]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/Greene1200/820FCAFB-D02F-47F0-8E46-9D390F66F45E-3664-0000019C49538AB8.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/4663-1314-turtle-remote-control-v14/][IMG]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/Greene1200/58B4B305-CE13-4113-8E14-C5FB4B05FD2A-3664-0000019C4AB1DE20.jpg[/IMG][/url]
Tiin57 #2
Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:26 PM
Well, first of all I'd like to say that I didn't know if this should go on the Trutle Programs sub-forum or here, because it includes both sides, turtles and computer. If someone can confirm this please contact me.
Yes, this probably should have gone in the turtle subforum. Yes, there are half a dozen like this. But good job nonetheless.
Fatal_Exception #3
Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:09 PM
Comic Sans. That is all.
ScruffyRules #4
Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:46 PM
This is great , i made some other commands like kill and mining(For mining turtle(s)!) ones to!
jesusthekiller #5
Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:38 PM
Nice job, I was working on something similar to it, but I abandoned this project - started working on PHP script for 3Conomy :P/>/>
Heracles421 #6
Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:52 PM
Nice job, I was working on something similar to it, but I abandoned this project - started working on PHP script for 3Conomy :P/>/>
Thanks

This is great , i made some other commands like kill and mining(For mining turtle(s)!) ones to!
Would you like me to add those things to the program?
ScruffyRules #7
Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:21 AM
dont need mining as i saw in the code! :P/>/> and sure if you want!P.S i made a kill all button for easier off switch!
Heracles421 #8
Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:28 PM
dont need mining as i saw in the code! :P/>/> and sure if you want!P.S i made a kill all button for easier off switch!
I'll add some security systems to the programs later on, I just have to wait till I get better. I've been sick for a week
ScruffyRules #9
Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:51 AM
dont need mining as i saw in the code! :)/>/> and sure if you want!P.S i made a kill all button for easier off switch!
I'll add some security systems to the programs later on, I just have to wait till I get better. I've been sick for a week
sickness = bad :/
timia2109 #10
Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:33 PM
Hey I've modded the programs add some Features, edit Rednet.broadcast to rednet.send and make a Master for turtle will you See it?
Here the link for a install disk : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7LoEfRgjKteam95UHZhNjVNOTg/edit
Heracles421 #11
Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:24 PM
Hey I've modded the programs add some Features, edit Rednet.broadcast to rednet.send and make a Master for turtle will you See it?
Here the link for a install disk : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7LoEfRgjKteam95UHZhNjVNOTg/edit
Sure, I'll check them in a minute
ChunLing #12
Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:12 AM
I use the following loop in my remote control program:
while cldt.rcID do cldt[2],rnmssg = rednet.receive()
  if cldt[2] == cldt.rcID then
   _,_,cldt[3], cldt[4] = rnmssg:find("^(%a+)(.*)")
   if turtle[cldt[3]] then trply(tostring(turtle[cldt[3]](tonumber(cldt[4]))))
   elseif rctfncs[cldt[3]] then rctfncs[cldt[3]]()
   elseif rnmssg == "trmn8RC" then cldt.rcID = nil end
  end
end
Cleaned up a bit it can look like this:
while cldt.rcID do sndrID,rnmssg = rednet.receive()
  if sndrID == cldt.rcID then
   _,_,cmnd, prm1 = rnmssg:find("^(%a+)(.*)")
   if turtle[cmnd] then rednet.send(cldt.rcID,tostring(turtle[cmnd](tonumber(prm1))))
   elseif rnmssg == "trmn8RC" then cldt.rcID = nil end
  end
end
This loop keeps receiving messages until it gets a message from the ID of it's controller. It then does a simple bit of processing on the rednet message from it's controller to turn it into a command and a parameter. It then checks if there is such a command under the turtle API, and if there is, it executes that command with the parameter (converted to number), sending back the function result (converted to string) to the controlling computer.

This allows you to execute every command in the turtle API, and get back the result as a rednet message.
MrZuribachi #13
Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:26 PM
That's gonna be epic. I've already seen another remote here on the forums, but that has no option for moving up / down or placing blocks. But an environment-scanner, a fuel-display and a refuel-button would be very usefull. Would be great if you can manage to add them.
ChunLing #14
Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:00 PM
The version in my clfn program has access to a number of functions designed for easier remote control (including the easy refuel command you mention). They are the rctfncs removed from the "cleaned up" version (due to the fact that if you are attempting to use this code in your own program rather than just using mine, the rctfncs will not be defined).

I'm not sure what you mean by "environment-scanner". If you mean using the turtle.detect and turtle.compare functions, and getting the output, then you can do this through the provided loop (even without the rctfncs) and you will get the results of those back by rednet. If you mean some kind of turtle addon/peripheral, then those must be coded into a mod and would be found in the peripherals and turtle addons forum.
Heracles421 #15
Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:18 PM
Well, I'll add the fuel level to the computer screen. About the enviorment scaner…. If you mean checking if a block is below/abobe/in front and making a map….. That's going to take quite some time
ScruffyRules #16
Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:18 PM
Well, I'll add the fuel level to the computer screen. About the enviorment scaner…. If you mean checking if a block is below/abobe/in front and making a map….. That's going to take quite some time
i wouldn't bother with the enviorment scaner/map its to much work… also nice idea with the fuel! :P/>/>
Heracles421 #17
Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:41 AM
i wouldn't bother with the enviorment scaner/map its to much work… also nice idea with the fuel! :P/>/>
Well yea, you're right. I've finished the re-fuel function, it's really cool. All I need now is the fuel meter and I'll release V 1.1
I've been thinking of changing the way you send commands for a menu, rather than having different keys mapped to a command. What do you think?
ChunLing #18
Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:04 AM
That seems doable since you only support a dozen functions. But if you supported the full turtle functionality, you'd have to go the other way and add a command to read() a rednet string to send.
ScruffyRules #19
Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:49 AM
Well yea, you're right. I've finished the re-fuel function, it's really cool. All I need now is the fuel meter and I'll release V 1.1
I've been thinking of changing the way you send commands for a menu, rather than having different keys mapped to a command. What do you think?
I would really like the cmd based system maybe a loop kinda thing like "Forward 10".
ChunLing #20
Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:08 AM
I support that functionality in my remote control turtle program, posted in the turtle programs forum under User Friendly Program combining several useful functions. But nobody seems to like my program. I find it super easy to use and very powerful, but maybe there is something wrong with it?
ScruffyRules #21
Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:11 AM
I support that functionality in my remote control turtle program, posted in the turtle programs forum under User Friendly Program combining several useful functions. But nobody seems to like my program. I find it super easy to use and very powerful, but maybe there is something wrong with it?
for some reason i get a weird vibe from you aha :P/>/>
Heracles421 #22
Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:19 PM
I would really like the cmd based system maybe a loop kinda thing like "Forward 10".
Ok, I'll try to make it. I'll also make a menu controlled one
Heracles421 #23
Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:20 PM
for some reason i get a weird vibe from you aha :P/>/>
Yea, me too. And please stop trying to get people from my post to yours. That's something similar to advertising and it's not nice. Maybe that's why nobody goes to your post mate.
ChunLing #24
Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:15 PM
This is why computers will inevitably destroy all humans.

Look, if this is about your ego, then fine. But if it's about making your program work better, then maybe you should start by acknowledging that it is possible that your program could be improved.
MrZuribachi #25
Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:30 PM
What I'm meaning when I say "environment-scanner": The Turtle will detect near blocks and scan them. After scanning, it will send a signal to the computer showing up a 2d map with the blocks in letters, Diamond-Ore for example will be shown with a "D". I've already seen that in another remote controlled miner. But if it's too much work then no problem if you can't add it.
timia2109 #26
Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:12 PM
Can I post my Version in the Forum, because in future I will add some more functions?
ChunLing #27
Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:44 PM
Yes, you can post your version in the forum.

The type of environment scanner you suggest is possible using compare functions and a specific loadout. But this uses slots of inventory which cannot get additional because turtles mine cobblestone from stone, diamonds from diamond ore, etc. It also means that the turtle is no longer general purpose.

My program does allow you to use the compare commands and get the returns, but it just says true/false, not "Ooh, diamonds to the left, Captain!"
Heracles421 #28
Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:00 PM
Version 1.1 is almost ready, expect it by this noon
Heracles421 #29
Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:02 PM
Working hardly on the map, stay tuned for info
Heracles421 #30
Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:11 PM
Can I post my Version in the Forum, because in future I will add some more functions?
Sure you can! All I ask for is a little "Thanks to heracles421" Or something like that.
Yes, you can post your version in the forum.

The type of environment scanner you suggest is possible using compare functions and a specific loadout. But this uses slots of inventory which cannot get additional because turtles mine cobblestone from stone, diamonds from diamond ore, etc. It also means that the turtle is no longer general purpose.

My program does allow you to use the compare commands and get the returns, but it just says true/false, not "Ooh, diamonds to the left, Captain!"
Dude, who said you were in charge of my program? That's why nobody checks your program, because you try to take other's posts fame. Next time you do this I'll contact an admin. It's my last warning before going with an admin, got it? Try to make your own fame, that's how everything works here. If you're not good enough to get some fame, I recomend you to stop trying to steal other's
Heracles421 #31
Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:01 AM
Sorry guys, it'll be delayed a bit, I'm having some trouble making sub-menus
ScruffyRules #32
Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:08 AM
Take your time!
Heracles421 #33
Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:28 AM
Take your time!
Thanks, I only need to fix the sub-menus, the main menu is ready
ChunLing #34
Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:36 AM
People are allowed to post their code in the forum. It's a simple fact. Go ahead and contact an admin and complain that I'm undermining your authority to say who can and can't post in the forum.
ScruffyRules #35
Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:18 AM
People are allowed to post their code in the forum. It's a simple fact. Go ahead and contact an admin and complain that I'm undermining your authority to say who can and can't post in the forum.
HE MEANS on his program WOW
ChunLing #36
Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:22 AM
No, he didn't. Because timia2109's code is not his. And the forum isn't either.
timia2109 #37
Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:51 PM
Sure you can! All I ask for is a little "Thanks to heracles421" Or something like that.
Yes, when you see the program at the beginning there are print "Original by Heracles421" I let it there!!

No, he didn't. Because timia2109's code is not his. And the forum isn't either.
But I only take the core, I edit very much and Heracles421 say it´s ok to post it. So I didn´t see a problem in this.
[Sorry for bad english]
MrZuribachi #38
Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:14 PM
ChunLing, all you're doing on this post is flaming, complaining and advertising on your post. You didn't do anything else, did you? So why the hell you just don't stay away from here? This will save us as well as yourself from heart attacks because of complaining too much.

I tried to express it as polite as possible so please don't complain on flaming on you, because it isn't. Thank your for reading.
ChunLing #39
Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:43 PM
I began by offering helpful examples of effective code that could be used to implement functionality that other users were requesting, if you'll remember. I'm still willing to do that, but apparently it wasn't appreciated.

And I don't consider pointing out simple facts about the permitted behavior on the forum to be "flaming". It may upset some people that their programs can stand improvement, or that they do not have ultimate say over who is allowed to post what. Nonetheless, these are facts, not flames.
Heracles421 #40
Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:37 PM
I began by offering helpful examples of effective code that could be used to implement functionality that other users were requesting, if you'll remember. I'm still willing to do that, but apparently it wasn't appreciated.

And I don't consider pointing out simple facts about the permitted behavior on the forum to be "flaming". It may upset some people that their programs can stand improvement, or that they do not have ultimate say over who is allowed to post what. Nonetheless, these are facts, not flames.
Well, you write them in a way that invites others to use your program, saying "Oh, my program has that!" And in a subconscious way you're telling "Check my program, it's way better than this guy's program because it has a lot more!"
Trust me, subconscious tricks don't work here at all
Heracles421 #41
Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:45 PM
ChunLing, all you're doing on this post is flaming, complaining and advertising on your post. You didn't do anything else, did you? So why the hell you just don't stay away from here? This will save us as well as yourself from heart attacks because of complaining too much.

I tried to express it as polite as possible so please don't complain on flaming on you, because it isn't. Thank your for reading.
Thanks a lot for this, I really like polite people
Heracles421 #42
Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:05 PM
It's done!
Changelog:
  • Changed key mapping for an easy to understand menu, which contains all the commands in a simple, user friendly interface
  • Added a new "Refuel" command, please use coal only
  • Added a new slot counter
I'm currently working hard on the fuel meter, if somebody wants to help send me a PM and I'll tell him what I need
ChunLing #43
Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:16 AM
I stopped providing examples of code when you said you didn't want them. No subconscious tricks, just straightforward helpful suggestions.
Heracles421 #44
Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:31 AM
I support that functionality in my remote control turtle program, posted in the turtle programs forum under…. I find it super easy to use and very powerful
Well, this seems like advertising don't you think?
ChunLing #45
Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:14 AM
It might, if I was asking for some kind of compensation. But really, I was just pointing out that the suggested function is possible by remote, and providing a link to an existing implementation. I was not at that point aware that you hated the idea of getting help improving your program, or that you felt threatened by the possibility of people visiting other threads on the forum. I had no reason to be aware of either point, but when I did become aware of that I stopped inviting people on this thread to other threads and I stopped posting any help with code.

So what are you complaining about?
Heracles421 #46
Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:59 PM
It might, if I was asking for some kind of compensation. But really, I was just pointing out that the suggested function is possible by remote, and providing a link to an existing implementation. I was not at that point aware that you hated the idea of getting help improving your program, or that you felt threatened by the possibility of people visiting other threads on the forum. I had no reason to be aware of either point, but when I did become aware of that I stopped inviting people on this thread to other threads and I stopped posting any help with code.

So what are you complaining about?
I'm sure that your main purpose wasn't helping, because one does not say "I have that in my program! It's way better than this guy's program! Check it out, here's the link"
That's advertising
ChunLing #47
Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:27 PM
Actually, people say that all the time. I didn't, though. And yet, you are assuming that I did assert that my program was "better" than yours. Every statement I made about my program was a matter of simple fact. If you believe that the sum of those statements equates to a value judgment–i.e. that my program is "better"–then that is your own opinion of the relative value of my program compared to your own.

It is understandable if you have that opinion. What is less easy to understand is why you choose to react as you do. Why not take the opportunity to improve your own program?
Heracles421 #48
Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:36 PM
Actually, people say that all the time. I didn't, though. And yet, you are assuming that I did assert that my program was "better" than yours. Every statement I made about my program was a matter of simple fact. If you believe that the sum of those statements equates to a value judgment–i.e. that my program is "better"–then that is your own opinion of the relative value of my program compared to your own.

It is understandable if you have that opinion. What is less easy to understand is why you choose to react as you do. Why not take the opportunity to improve your own program?
Because you could say "Hey, your program could be improved in "X" part by adding "X" code, this will do "X" things" Instead of just saying "Hey, check my program! It has "X" and "X" things that this guy doesn't support!"
The first one is an example of constructive feedback, in the second one you make people think "Hmm, this guy has more things, we'll go with him instead"
ChunLing #49
Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:40 PM
I did post samples of code, edited to be portable into different programs. And I was referring to one of those samples of code when I referred to functionality. Of course, the sample of code doesn't work unless it's part of a program, so I provided a link to a working program that used the same principle.

You're coming across as intensely insecure, by the way, with your obsessive concern over whether someone might choose to use a program other than yours.
MrZuribachi #50
Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:18 PM
It's done!

Only mined coal or is charcoal also accepted? Anyways great work.
ChunLing #51
Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:06 PM
Mainly don't use lava, it leaves the bucket in there.
Heracles421 #52
Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:05 PM
It's done!

Only mined coal or is charcoal also accepted? Anyways great work.
Every fuel type works, but coal and charcoal are the best to use in this case. Just don't use lava because it has to detect if a slot is empty to change to the next slot and it leaves the bucket in the turtle.
Heracles421 #53
Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:08 PM
I did post samples of code, edited to be portable into different programs. And I was referring to one of those samples of code when I referred to functionality. Of course, the sample of code doesn't work unless it's part of a program, so I provided a link to a working program that used the same principle.

You're coming across as intensely insecure, by the way, with your obsessive concern over whether someone might choose to use a program other than yours.
I'm not mad if somebody uses any program that's not mine, but I get concerned if the other program owner comes to my post and tries to take away the people that like my program. I'll just ask you to stop giving out links to other programs from my post, unless I tell you can.
MrZuribachi #54
Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:27 PM
Every fuel type works, but coal and charcoal are the best to use in this case. Just don't use lava because it has to detect if a slot is empty to change to the next slot and it leaves the bucket in the turtle.

Alright. But one bucket of lava compared to a stack of charcoal gives almost nothing. I just used 14 charcoal for an excavater (Sorry for this sin, but I needed to test my system whether it laggs. After launching the game it needs about an hour before I can use turtles / computers laggless. Dunno why…) and it gave me more then 2,000 fuel, I think almost equivalent on one bucket of lava. However, as long as charcoal works well I don't care (mined coal is too precious to me, because I need it for enormous amounts of solar panels [IC&sup2;]). But did you already check out this cool stuff here? Gonna try it out with your remote controlled turtle right now as soon as I blinded idiot find the download oô (not the link itself, but the download-page after adf.ly, lol XD)
ChunLing #55
Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:55 PM
…Mr.Z, he just said not to do that. I stopped when he made it clear he had a problem, which is my way of taking a hint. You started the moment he explicitly says not to do that?
MrZuribachi #56
Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:08 PM
Huh? Now I'm a little bit confused :)/>/> What're you talking about? I just compared coal / charcoal to a bucket of lava and linked a peripheral / turtle upgrade oô

Edit: Also, I wrote this line: "Gonna try it out with your remote controlled turtle". I think this already reveals that it is no other program. You should know it as well, because you also posted in there. So I can't understand what's your problem? Not advertising for other programs or any that, just a way for making his remote controlls even more funny, nice and interesting. But of course I'll edit the post and delete the link if he wants me to.
ChunLing #57
Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:24 PM
Wow. Just…I can't say whether you are doing that on purpose or not. But you are describing exactly the actions that made him so mad before. And he just clarified that he doesn't want people doing that. Which I already figured out, and was not doing anymore.
MrZuribachi #58
Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:32 PM
Between you and me is a difference in behaviour. You posted a link to your own program codes, such like a remote controlled turtle (the core of this thread) and this made Heracles421 concerning. I linked to a whole different topic, not even the same sub-forum at all. And as already written, I will delete the link if he wants me to.
Heracles421 #59
Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:43 PM
Between you and me is a difference in behaviour. You posted a link to your own program codes, such like a remote controlled turtle (the core of this thread) and this made Heracles421 concerning. I linked to a whole different topic, not even the same sub-forum at all. And as already written, I will delete the link if he wants me to.

Wow. Just…I can't say whether you are doing that on purpose or not. But you are describing exactly the actions that made him so mad before. And he just clarified that he doesn't want people doing that. Which I already figured out, and was not doing anymore.
It's ok as long as you don't start saying: "This has better things! *Link here* Go check it out!" or something like that. I want to avoid advertising other programs, because I respect other people's threads and I want respect as well. So a simple link saying something like: "What if you implement "X" thing to your program like this guy did, just changing it a bit to have "X" characteristics" or something like that is ok, as long as you don't try to advertise the program
MrZuribachi #60
Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:59 PM
I'm not trying to advertise other programs at all. This is a nice peripheral or if you wanna say computercraft addon that provides a transmitter and a receiver to remote controll your computer. That's because it is very hard to e.g. play worm on a monitor. This peripheral / addon makes it possible by placing a receiver at the computer and holding a transmitter ("remote control") in your hand.
Dean4Devil #61
Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:02 PM
A Question:
Do you plan to change the rednet.broadcast() into a rednet.send()? Its a bit annoying that one PC spams the whole area with his commands…
MrZuribachi #62
Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:39 PM
A Question:
Do you plan to change the rednet.broadcast() into a rednet.send()? Its a bit annoying that one PC spams the whole area with his commands…

rednet.send() requires a given ID the computer specific sends to. I don't complain because I nearly use no rednet but well. Before he can change rednet.broadcast() to rednet.send() he has to add a function that asks for the turtle-ID's before starting (like the question, which side the modem is located)

Edit: Anyway, this makes it possible to controll many turtles and once, so you can dig out GIANT caves and tunnels, and also, rednet has only a specific range, which you have to set up in the config if you would like more. So just get the terminal a bit more far away and nothing will be messed up)
ChunLing #63
Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:45 PM
You can control several turtles at once, but they all get the same commands regardless, and you can't then adjust their relative position. Maybe an option to switch between send and broadcast, so that you can position turtles individually before having them all act in sync.
Heracles421 #64
Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:33 PM
A Question:

You can control several turtles at once, but they all get the same commands regardless, and you can't then adjust their relative position. Maybe an option to switch between send and broadcast, so that you can position turtles individually before having them all act in sync.
I'll see if I add an option to change from broadcast to send and also implement some sort of ID changer
ChunLing #65
Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:00 AM
You can make it so that if the receiver ID is the controller's own ID, then it broadcasts, otherwise it sends to the ID.
Heracles421 #66
Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:02 AM
You can make it so that if the receiver ID is the controller's own ID, then it broadcasts, otherwise it sends to the ID.
That could be an option, but I prefer making a simple option that changes from broadcast to send
ChunLing #67
Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:13 AM
Simpler, eh? If you just set the value of the receiver ID to nil, then rednet.send broadcasts instead of sending to only one ID. Actually, this is how rednet.broadcast works, it just calls rednet.send with the ID field set to nil.
Heracles421 #68
Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:35 AM
Simpler, eh? If you just set the value of the receiver ID to nil, then rednet.send broadcasts instead of sending to only one ID. Actually, this is how rednet.broadcast works, it just calls rednet.send with the ID field set to nil.
I know, but that won't be really neat. I want to make a simple option in the menu where you can change from broadcast to send and with each option it'll give you a diferent interface. With the broadcast it'll just have an option to change to send. In the send it'll have an id changer, it'll print the selected id and it'll have an option to change to broadcast
ChunLing #69
Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:37 AM
Oh, you mean user side. Yeah, just have one option for setting receiver ID, and say "Set ID (BC for Broadcast)". Then have rcvrID = tonumber(read()). That way, whatever the user puts in, if it's not a number, it ends up as nil.
Heracles421 #70
Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:57 AM
Oh, you mean user side. Yeah, just have one option for setting receiver ID, and say "Set ID (BC for Broadcast)". Then have rcvrID = tonumber(read()). That way, whatever the user puts in, if it's not a number, it ends up as nil.
I was thinking of a counter where you press the up and down keys, but your idea might work too
ChaddJackson12 #71
Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:38 AM
Wow this looks really cool, I will have to try it out!
ChunLing #72
Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:39 AM
Counter works too, just make the bottom value select nil. But it could be cumbersome once you have more than a few turtles and computers.
Heracles421 #73
Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:47 AM
Version 1.2 released (Wow, not even 3 days after 1.1 was released!)
Changelog:
  • Uploaded the program to pastebin for use with the HTTP Api (Thanks to MrZuribachi for this)
  • Added a new attack command
  • Made the menu more friendly, whenever you have the cursor at the top/bottom of the menu and press an arrow key to go up/down it'll jump to the other side of the menu
  • Added a new option to change from broadcast to send and viceversa. It'll display the current mode on top of the screen. When you're in send mode you'll get 2 extra options to change the send ID, it'll also display the selected ID on top of the screen
  • Cleaned a bit of code that was left from the first release

I would really like to hear your feedback and suggestions, I like how the program is going.
By the way thanks to you guys we're now a "Hot" topic!
MrZuribachi #74
Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:58 PM
Love that new update :)/>/>

Edit: Would be very nice if you could add an option to change the movement mode. I prefer using WASD and such things :)/>/>
Edit2: Controll-Changes might be quite hard, but this request is much easier: Ability to drop and suck items inside the turtle into a chest and vv. :)/>/>
Heracles421 #75
Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:38 PM
Love that new update :)/>/>

Edit: Would be very nice if you could add an option to change the movement mode. I prefer using WASD and such things :)/>/>
Edit2: Controll-Changes might be quite hard, but this request is much easier: Ability to drop and suck items inside the turtle into a chest and vv. :)/>/>
Surely I can!
I would like to wait a bit to add those changes because I don't like the idea of releasing 1.3 just the day after I released 1.2
I hope that you understand what I mean
MrZuribachi #76
Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:43 PM
Yeah of course. It's like Mojang with it's firestorm of releases - no 2 months between 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 as well as between 1.3.2 and 1.4 :x But hey, better you take your time (as long as it's not released you can watch through the code again :)/>/>) and release an epic thing :)/>/> Looking forward to use that on a server ^-^
Heracles421 #77
Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:47 PM
Yeah of course. It's like Mojang with it's firestorm of releases - no 2 months between 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 as well as between 1.3.2 and 1.4 :x But hey, better you take your time (as long as it's not released you can watch through the code again :)/>/>) and release an epic thing :)/>/> Looking forward to use that on a server ^-^
Yea, that's right.
And thank you for uploading the code to pastebin.
Also, once you try the remote controll on a server could you tell me how well it does?
MrZuribachi #78
Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:53 PM
Sure I can. And you're welcome for the code. I think I gonna take a look if I also can write an installer, like this:
First of all, the RC_Console is installed on the console. At next the RC_Turtle will go onto a floppy disk attached to the terminal. After that, the floppy can be used to install this on any other turtle so there is no need to download it several times, just one time for many turtles. I've also just got another idea to add: A several mining-key so you don't have to go forward in order to mine. So you can dig out 3x3 tunnels without wasting that much coal (I'm using IC2, so coal is VERY precious to me; I always gonna spam solar panels and diamonds).

Concerning the server test; you'll have to wait a little bit. There's a guy setting up a server with a few mods, but the server isn't that far and the moderation-team isn't complete yet - and I don't know any other servers supporting the mods that I love so much :)/>/>
Heracles421 #79
Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:14 PM
Sure I can. And you're welcome for the code. I think I gonna take a look if I also can write an installer, like this:
First of all, the RC_Console is installed on the console. At next the RC_Turtle will go onto a floppy disk attached to the terminal. After that, the floppy can be used to install this on any other turtle so there is no need to download it several times, just one time for many turtles. I've also just got another idea to add: A several mining-key so you don't have to go forward in order to mine. So you can dig out 3x3 tunnels without wasting that much coal (I'm using IC2, so coal is VERY precious to me; I always gonna spam solar panels and diamonds).

Concerning the server test; you'll have to wait a little bit. There's a guy setting up a server with a few mods, but the server isn't that far and the moderation-team isn't complete yet - and I don't know any other servers supporting the mods that I love so much :)/>/>
I'll see if I add the mining key instead of moving into a block to mine it.
The installer is a good idea, that way you'll only need a single file to get all the program. Maybe I'll male one today
Heracles421 #80
Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:08 PM
I made the installer, it's really simple but it works.
I also fixed some version mismatches in both programs.
Read the online installation instructions for the installer.

Any suggestions of what should I add?
Heracles421 #81
Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:49 AM
I actually fixed some bad code that I accidentaly typed in the installer, sorry for the trouble!
ScruffyRules #82
Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:50 AM
I actually fixed some bad code that I accidentaly typed in the installer, sorry for the trouble!
Nice man, good work!
Heracles421 #83
Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:05 AM
Nice man, good work!
Hey scruffy, why were you so quiet? You didn't posted any messages in the past week
ScruffyRules #84
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:31 AM
Nice man, good work!
Hey scruffy, why were you so quiet? You didn't posted any messages in the past week
Hey, my computer is getting fixed so i only have Schools computer and Schools internet and lucky its unblocked! ^_^/>/> woohoo!
Edit: Also add me as a Friend!
Edit2: and i really didn't want to get into that mess of crap
Heracles421 #85
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:50 AM
Nice man, good work!
Hey, my computer is getting fixed so i only have Schools computer and Schools internet and lucky its unblocked! ^_^/>/> woohoo!
Lol
I allready added you as a friend
ScruffyRules #86
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:51 AM
Nice man, good work!
Lol
huh it doesnt say that to me D:
Heracles421 #87
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:56 AM
Nice man, good work!
Lol
huh it doesnt say that to me D:
Weird, it says I have you added as a friend. Have you added me?
ScruffyRules #88
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:59 AM
i should have, it must of haven't done it…
Heracles421 #89
Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:02 AM
Let me retry it. Let's talk in private and don't spam the thread
ScruffyRules #90
Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:02 AM
Let me retry it. Let's talk in private and don't spam the post
^_^/>/> yeah! :P/>/>
MrZuribachi #91
Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:23 PM
Wohoo, I love that remote controll XP Amazing what you did change the last days ^_^/>/>
Heracles421 #92
Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:52 PM
Wohoo, I love that remote controll XP Amazing what you did change the last days ^_^/>/>
O.o?
What do you mean, xD
ChunLing #93
Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:00 PM
He's using that CCInput dealy. There's no green with envy smiley, but believe me, if I had gotten CCInput working I wouldn't have put so much effort into CCPortable. That said, CCPortable is very capable, but it was a pain to program the interface and requires specially designed programs to use even without the interface. I'll be a little sad when the rednet enabled pda is introduced in an upcoming CC, but only because I put so much effort into programming the CCPortable. Course, if the vanilla pda is no good, it's always nice to have a backup plan.
Heracles421 #94
Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:26 AM
Hey guys, I'm actually thinking, with the release of CC 1.45 and the paintutils api I could make a map in a much easier way! I just have to set a GPS server, set the turtle pos as 0, 0 and when it detects a block it'll get it's possition and will draw a pixel in that specific x and y coordinate, brilliant!

Expect this to be done by this week (Hopefully)
ChunLing #95
Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:38 AM
Hah, someone beat you do it. But theirs only draws pixels right around the turtle. I know that some people are looking for blueprint building support, basically the reverse of the mapping idea. Maybe you could put support for simple blueprint building in while you're doing the mapping?
Heracles421 #96
Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:53 AM
Hah, someone beat you do it. But theirs only draws pixels right around the turtle. I know that some people are looking for blueprint building support, basically the reverse of the mapping idea. Maybe you could put support for simple blueprint building in while you're doing the mapping?
Hmm, let me see if I can find a way, because so long I didn't see any function to detect if a pixel is at x and y coordinate
ScruffyRules #97
Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:36 AM
SU…
ChunLing #98
Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:43 AM
Nope, you'd have to redraw the screen from a matrix based on the input blueprint. Well, it was just a thought.
ScruffyRules #99
Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:33 AM
does any one have version 1.0
Heracles421 #100
Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:43 AM
Nope, you'd have to redraw the screen from a matrix based on the input blueprint. Well, it was just a thought.
Well, I asked in the printutils thread if they could add the pixel tracking, we just have to wait for a response
ChunLing #101
Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:03 AM
You just use the matrix for drawing the screen and keeping track of what's there.
MrZuribachi #102
Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:15 PM
O.o?
What do you mean, xD

Quite easy to explain - your program improved very well. It's getting better and better XP
Heracles421 #103
Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:33 PM
O.o?
What do you mean, xD

Quite easy to explain - your program improved very well. It's getting better and better XP
Oh, hehe. I'm used to call it progress, not XP, that's why I didn't get it
Heracles421 #104
Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:11 AM
Well guys, guess what….

Version 1.3 is ready and I'm posting it today!
The installer is already updated, I'll just update the thread.

Changelog:
  • Added a new Mine command, it mines in all possible directions.
  • Added an option to change from menu based control to key based control. NOTE: It'll remember the mode you had selected, if you have broadcast mode selected it'll use broadcast, if you have send mode selected it'll use send. If you're in send mode it'll use the ID you chose before entering key based mode. I'll add a way to change the ID in key mode later, as well as a way to return to menu based mode.
  • Added a new version variable so hopefully the program won't have a version mismatch.
  • Changed most of the keys for a friendlier configuration. The instructions are in the program, they'll show up when you just change to key mode.
So that's it! I actually reached more than 500 lines of code, which is an achievement for me xD
ScruffyRules #105
Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:38 AM
So that's it! I actually reached more than 500 lines of code, which is an achievement for me xD
Awesomesause.app ^_^/>/>
ChunLing #106
Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:12 AM
I'm always trying to reduce the number of lines of code in my programs…sometimes I cheat a little by placing multiple functions or even multiple chunks on a single line. This doesn't benefit anyone, but I can't seem to stop.
Heracles421 #107
Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:34 AM
I'm always trying to reduce the number of lines of code in my programs…sometimes I cheat a little by placing multiple functions or even multiple chunks on a single line. This doesn't benefit anyone, but I can't seem to stop.
Well, it really doesn't matter here, because I won't be able to reduce it that much. The only thing I can think of right now is the command to clear the screen, and it'd reduce the lenght by one line only
ChunLing #108
Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:48 AM
If you were as OCD as I am about file sizes… ^_^/>/> nah, I'm okay. But I did manage to cut an absolutely essential line out of one of my functions and bork it up because I was trying to "trim" things.
MrZuribachi #109
Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:22 PM
Wohoo, I love that remote controll XP Amazing what you did change the last days :P/>/>
O.o?
What do you mean, xD

Oh, hehe. I'm used to call it progress, not XP, that's why I didn't get it

XP = Smiley :D/>/> Combination of XD and ^_^/>/>

BTW Woot! My requests were accepted! :D/>/>
remiX #110
Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:40 PM
Pretty cool.

1 Request: Please make font smaller XD When reading I moved my head faar back then when it got to the comments I was like wtf does that say it's so small. xD
Heracles421 #111
Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:35 PM
Pretty cool.

1 Request: Please make font smaller XD When reading I moved my head faar back then when it got to the comments I was like wtf does that say it's so small. xD
Ok, thanks for the suggestion
ScruffyRules #112
Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:47 PM
Well, it really doesn't matter here, because I won't be able to reduce it that much. The only thing I can think of right now is the command to clear the screen, and it'd reduce the lenght by one line only
you dont really need to unless the file size is getting huge, lol!
ChunLing #113
Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:20 AM
No, you don't need to reduce line size. I'm just OCD about it, I always think that if a code takes less space in a text file, it must be more efficient. But this is not actually true, it's just a persistent delusion I suffer under.
ScruffyRules #114
Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:34 AM
No, you don't need to reduce line size. I'm just OCD about it, I always think that if a code takes less space in a text file, it must be more efficient. But this is not actually true, it's just a persistent delusion I suffer under.
im OCD in a lot of things aha
Heracles421 #115
Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:35 PM
Hey guys, I have two ideas for the next version, just wanted to know what do you think:

1. Change how the selected element shows, instead of using > and -, use [] (Looks neater for me)

2. Make the menu cursor controlled, allowing you to choose more options in a faster way

So what do you think?
ChunLing #116
Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:20 PM
Mouse selection is definitely a nice upgrade for a large menu. Square bracketing is okay…should be easy enough to implement (compared to cursor upgrade). I just have the menu as an option for things that will be hard to do in key or text line input. But my idea of things being sufficiently easy may be off sometimes.
Heracles421 #117
Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:07 PM
Yea, I'll implement the cursor mode, but I won't remove the arrow controlled menu because we still have normal comps that don't support the mouse API
Heracles421 #118
Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:25 AM
Only 1 person has answered the poll? That's not good
ChunLing #119
Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:50 AM
Eh..it's a hard question to answer.
MrZuribachi #120
Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:30 AM
Mouse controlled menu sounds nice. And I also prefer selected things shown up by [], looks quite better :D/>/>
Heracles421 #121
Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:30 PM
Mouse controlled menu sounds nice. And I also prefer selected things shown up by [], looks quite better :D/>/>
Yea, I think the same about []
Heracles421 #122
Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:08 PM
Guys, I'm trying my best to fix the fuel meter, but it doesn't seem to work. For now I'll remove the "Fuel Level: " message untill I fix it
Heracles421 #123
Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:26 PM
Ok, 1.4 is almost ready, just some small details and I'll release it. Btw, I might make a new program for advanced computers that'll be some kind of game controller that uses the cursor. That'd be funny to have
Heracles421 #124
Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:12 AM
Guys, I got a question for ya: I made the cursor controlled menu, but I have it as a different option you have to choose like the key based control. Should I join the normal menu with the cursor controlled menu or should I leave it as a different option. And maybe I could add a mode changer when the program is just starting, it could ask what mode do you want to use and it'll start with that mode.

Feedback please, thanks

Another thing I want to ask is, why am I getting so many views but very few downloads. You're the comunity and I'm asking you because when you're the program dev, you don't see the pros and cons of your program, you just see the pros, and I really want to know what do you say.
ScruffyRules #125
Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:41 AM
i'll see if i can wip up a Fuel meter for you! (AFTER I GET MY COMPUTER…)
MrZuribachi #126
Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:55 AM
I'm not that familiar with rednet but I might have an idea: Let the turtle send a value how much fuel is left. I think about like "rednet.send([id], turtle.getFuelLevel())" or such like that. Than the computer extracts the numerous information given by the turtle (the fuel level) and display it on the monitor.

Sorry if it's not correct, but as I told I've got not that good knowledge :P/>/>
ChunLing #127
Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:01 AM
You should probably get that back whenever you try to refuel. Get it just before and right after the turtle refuels, and you know how much fuel you got from refueling.
Heracles421 #128
Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:17 PM
You should probably get that back whenever you try to refuel. Get it just before and right after the turtle refuels, and you know how much fuel you got from refueling.
Might work
Heracles421 #129
Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:53 PM
Ok, I'm releasing 1.4 in a bit. I'm just trying to add the fuel meter, everything else is done
Heracles421 #130
Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:40 AM
1.4 released, I also added some banners, if you want to help me advertisiong the program, put them in your signature
ScruffyRules #131
Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:54 AM
Just one thing i don't like the font on the first page.
Heracles421 #132
Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:15 PM
Just one thing i don't like the font on the first page.
Comic Sans? I might change it
sjele #133
Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:04 PM
Two words the edit button is there for a reason, well two. Now let me list those:
1: To edit misstakes you have made in post
2: to prevent multiposting. There is no need for a quad post

Now let me take this up to. The front font or textscale is to big.

Anyways nice program :P/>/>
ScruffyRules #134
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:34 PM
Two words the edit button is there for a reason, well two. Now let me list those:

Anyways nice program :P/>/>
if you read it all you would have seen us move to a PM…
now im going to EDIT my posts so there is no "quad post"
Edited on 30 October 2012 - 09:50 PM
Heracles421 #135
Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Anyways nice program :D/>/>
if you read it all you would have seen us move to a PM…
now im going to EDIT my posts so there is no "quad post"
Lol, nice one scruffy
Heracles421 #136
Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:24 PM
So, no requests for the next version? That's weird, or maybe I added everything you want…
ScruffyRules #137
Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:17 PM
no dont I HAVE MY COMPUTER BACK! WOOHOO *Uncaps*
ScruffyRules #138
Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:17 PM
hmm what else can you add, we need some ideas?
Heracles421 #139
Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:35 PM
hmm what else can you add, we need some ideas?
Indeed
amtra5 #140
Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:30 AM
How about a interactive tutorial/walk through when you first start it
ScruffyRules #141
Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:27 PM
that would be cool but maybe make a button so you can skip it.
Heracles421 #142
Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:56 PM
You mean a walk through the very first time you install and start the program or whenever you start up the program? If you want it for the very first time I'd have to create a text file that changes when you use the tutorial so that it doesn't come every time you start
ChunLing #143
Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:34 AM
Have it be opened by a help key, and just say "press 'h' for help" on startup. That way the help can be referenced whenever it's needed without getting in the way.
Heracles421 #144
Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:11 AM
Have it be opened by a help key, and just say "press 'h' for help" on startup. That way the help can be referenced whenever it's needed without getting in the way.
Ok, I'll do this and I will also add an option to the installer to install the program with a tutorial that starts up for the very first time you use the program
Heracles421 #145
Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:53 PM
Ok, the installer has been updated, now you can get a tutorial when you install the program. Just choose "Install with tutorial" when the installer asks you if you want to instal the turtle remote
MrZuribachi #146
Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:37 AM
Sry I didn't come along with a few constructive posts the last weeks, had to fight my pc - got a few hard drive crashes and a failed registry, so I had to reinstall windows a lot of times and to change my hardware.

Got a little question: You might add a "old version" history, so people can download older versions of your program? I started playing tekkit on a server and of course there's no CC 1.4 so far (my server uses still CC 1.3 because the new version of tekkit, which includes 1.4, has a few bugs with Adv Machines for IC2, so we won't update). So I considered using a mining turtle with remote control, but because of the mouse api and the refuel-option, the latest version of TRC doesn't work.

Thx in advance
-MrZuribachi
Heracles421 #147
Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:00 AM
Sry I didn't come along with a few constructive posts the last weeks, had to fight my pc - got a few hard drive crashes and a failed registry, so I had to reinstall windows a lot of times and to change my hardware.

Got a little question: You might add a "old version" history, so people can download older versions of your program? I started playing tekkit on a server and of course there's no CC 1.4 so far (my server uses still CC 1.3 because the new version of tekkit, which includes 1.4, has a few bugs with Adv Machines for IC2, so we won't update). So I considered using a mining turtle with remote control, but because of the mouse api and the refuel-option, the latest version of TRC doesn't work.

Thx in advance
-MrZuribachi
Ok, there's a small problem, I'll have to remake all the program because I erased everything I made :P/> Maybe I can make a separate program that uses the key based control for CC 1.3
Expenox #148
Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:10 PM
Awesome, can't wait to try it out!
ScruffyRules #149
Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:19 PM
Awesome, can't wait to try it out!
Aha im saying for Heracles421 Thank you!
L0st #150
Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:38 PM
Some reason i know it's not your code cause i used another code and it worked fine then it bugged out and didn't work after i installed ccinput
So when ever i use a program like this it dosen't move forward it just stays in the same position please reply
Spongy141 #151
Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:05 AM
Lol I was about to release something like this, but then saw this… Looks awesome though.
ScruffyRules #152
Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:30 PM
you still can release it.
Azeryuu #153
Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:41 PM
Idea: Run installed programs on the turtle
L0st #154
Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:26 PM
Some reason i know it's not your code cause i used another code and it worked fine then it bugged out and didn't work after i installed ccinput
So when ever i use a program like this it dosen't move forward it just stays in the same position please I know this is the second time posting the same thing but someone please please reply
Lyqyd #155
Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:51 PM
So when ever i use a program like this it dosen't move forward it just stays in the same position please I know this is the second time posting the same thing but someone please please reply

Refuel your turtle.
L0st #156
Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Refuel your turtle.
I put coal in do i have to do refuel command or something
Edit— I did refuel in turtle and now it's working THANKS ALOT!@
Edit——–IS there some kind of refuel bug in the 1.46 version cause my turtle never refuels it's self when i use the program and it just randomly stops
Heracles421 #157
Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:11 PM
Ok guys, I'm back after a little trip, sorry for leaving you alone. Ok, I'll start implementing new things, such as the ability to run a program remotely, maybe an auto refuel and I'll also finish the key-based control because it's missing some things.

Refuel your turtle.
I put coal in do i have to do refuel command or something
Edit— I did refuel in turtle and now it's working THANKS ALOT!@
Edit——–IS there some kind of refuel bug in the 1.46 version cause my turtle never refuels it's self when i use the program and it just randomly stops
About this, the program isn't designed to refuel itself, you have to run the refuel command, otherwise you'll run out of fuel and the turtle will suddenly stop.
Heracles421 #158
Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:46 PM
UPDATE! Version 1.5 released
Changelog:
  • Improved the key based control, now it includes almost every command
  • Added a new command to run programs that are currently loaded into the turtle's memory
Apart from that I decreased the main post's font because many people were complaining it was too big
MonsterHunter798 #159
Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:11 AM
How to download? I dont get the installation. and can you add a feature wherein the computer can print the turtle's x,y, and z positions?
Heracles421 #160
Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:39 AM
How to download? I dont get the installation. and can you add a feature wherein the computer can print the turtle's x,y, and z positions?
Q: How to download?
A: You have to follow the installation instructions that are described in the main post, once you run the pastebin program simply restart the computer and the installer will do the rest

Q: Can you add a command to print the turtle's x,y and z positions?
A: Sure I can, the only problem is that it'll need to be near a satelite (computers) to triangulate it's position, so it won't always work unless the turtle has a nearby computer to know it's position
Heracles421 #161
Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:58 PM
Version 2.0 is out!
Changelog:
  • Changed a lot of code to prevent some errors from happening, errors might be minimal or totally gone
  • Added a new line of information: Coordinates. It prints the current turtle's coordinates (X, Y, Z). If the turtle is out of range, or if the turtle wasn't able to connect to the GPS cluster it'll tell you in the coordinates line
  • Added a new line of information: Fuel level. It prints the current turtle's fuel level. If the turtle is out of range it'll tell you in the fuel level line
  • Changed how slot changing works, now it'll make the maths operation in the console computer and then send the result to the turtle, which uses it to choose the slot
  • Added a new security mechanism, now the turtle asks you for the controller's ID at startup. This will stop other people from driving your turtles and will also stop the turtle from bugging nearby computers with broadcasts
  • Now the console automatically detects your modem, instead of asking you for the side. It'll also warn you if you don't have a modem attached to your computer
  • Reached 1410 lines of code!
MonsterHunter798 #162
Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:03 PM
A: You have to follow the installation instructions that are described in the main post, once you run the pastebin program simply restart the computer and the installer will do the rest

A: Sure I can, the only problem is that it'll need to be near a satelite (computers) to triangulate it's position, so it won't always work unless the turtle has a nearby computer to know it's position
I dont see the "0" folder in my computer folder. And there is no computercraft folder in my world. only computer. And where is the installer? Could you send me a direct link to it please? I dont see it in the main oist.
Heracles421 #163
Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

I dont see the "0" folder in my computer folder. And there is no computercraft folder in my world. only computer. And where is the installer? Could you send me a direct link to it please? I dont see it in the main oist.

Well, I don't know why people don't read….. Please read EVERYTHING before asking questions

Installation:
Spoiler

Online:
Spoiler

3. Type the following:

Offline:
Spoiler

Mac:
1. Go to Library/Application Support/.minecraft/saves/<your world>/computer/0 and paste both programs there

Windows:
1. Go to %appdata%/.minecraft/saves/<your world>/computer/0 and paste both programs there

ScruffyRules #164
Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:16 PM
Bahaha Heracles421 not everyone has a "0" in the computer folder.
Heracles421 #165
Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:18 PM
I changed the computercraft thingy, got confused. And yea, everyone should have the 0 folder, because the first computer id is always 0, and the folder names are the computer's IDs
MonsterHunter798 #166
Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well, I don't know why people don't read….. Please read EVERYTHING before asking questions

Installation:
Spoiler

Online:
Spoiler

3. Type the following:

Offline:
Spoiler

Mac:

Windows:

Installation:
Spoiler

Online:
Spoiler

3. Type the following:

Offline:
Spoiler

Mac:

Windows:

I did read everything. Did you mean I should just paste the programs directly in the computer folder?
Heracles421 #167
Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:57 PM
Nope, once you place a computer in the world, a new folder with it's ID will be generated in the /computer/ folder. You should paste the programs there
MonsterHunter798 #168
Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:14 PM
Oh.
Heracles421 #169
Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:32 PM
Oh.
You can also make use of the HTTP API, which is better because you don't have to mess around with files