This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
notgodsarmy666's profile picture

[WIP] [CC1.3,MC1.1] Fancy UI system 0.1 alpha

Started by notgodsarmy666, 05 March 2012 - 12:25 PM
notgodsarmy666 #1
Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

all of those graphical ASCII elements can be accessed by their original CP 437 ASCII 8 Bit (DOS Latin US) number. like Nr. 16 is ►
(this is currently acessed with acii[16])

to do:
  1. correct displaced elements
  2. remove (if possible) unnecessary space pixels
  3. make an api out of it (with window creating)
known glitches and bugs:
  1. has some strange behaviors, especially when in larger accumulations, with string functions
  2. if not a texturepack is used, it will affect all texts in minecraft
  3. col 50 can't be used, so only 49 are left

List of elements:
Spoilerhaven't removed all of the non working element on this picture, and this is non sorted, too
Edited on 05 March 2012 - 12:40 PM
MewK #2
Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:14 PM
Great idea. Is there a way for me to check inside my program whether the mod is installed? If so I think I would try to use it as an alternative theme in my application framework.
notgodsarmy666 #3
Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:36 PM
Great idea. Is there a way for me to check inside my program whether the mod is installed? If so I think I would try to use it as an alternative theme in my application framework.
easy pal,
I have just only implemented they way to output some graphical. Since I am not that good in programming, I had to hardcode the colors within the default.png (by getting rid of some other chars)
there are all kind of borders, but in in light blue (with greeting from the C64) some arrows (which I thought to be useful) and three full blocks in different colors )red, green, yellow.
To get it Work, you have to replace two files within the minecraft.jar (/font.txt and /textures/default,png)

I am working right now at window control system.
Planned features: layers, window sizes and control and such
As soon as I have something worth to be published I will do it
MewK #4
Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:14 PM
I am working right now at window control system.
Planned features: layers, window sizes and control and such
As soon as I have something worth to be published I will do it

You should focus with the mod on one thing. If i use your window system my programs wont run on unmodded CCs. Thats why you shouldn't build in stuff that you can actually do with Lua. Just saying!