This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
strideynet's profile picture

Netblock is back people.

Started by strideynet, 08 October 2012 - 05:06 AM
strideynet #1
Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:06 AM
Last time we fell apart due to not owning a server. Well great news. I now own a 24/7 server.
Now I am asking for a complete reregistration of all members as some from the old gave up.

Netblock is a group of excellent coders working hard to create better networked programs.
Ask yourself. Wouldn't it be awesome to have debit cards in game. Or maybe to receive a subscription email for your electronic power system bill. Or then have to look for Lua help on the internet.
Using my server we can work 24/7 on our projects. A fully decentralized Internet. Only you can dream of what we can do. Anything is possible.

Ok enough of the emotional prep talk. :D/>/>
Here's our list of TODOS
  • DNS
  • The system is Decentralised
  • Email
  • Light control system
  • SubwayControlSystem
  • OS which has networking in back ground
  • IRC
  • Web server/ Browsers(s).

MEMBERS:
Strideynet
Leo verto.
Marumaru
tiin57
Casr
PixelToast
CheekyCharlie
Phyzix

Protocol information.
Herein gonna paste the stuff I've written up about the protocols we use.
I'm mainly gonna read up on today's protocols and make modifications that make sense. Aka mhttp.
As some of the concepts of http are unrequited in a simpler system or are impossible to recreate in Lua.
We have a rather good network understanding. I myself run a website hosting company and I set up the name servers and DNA. I also help set up networks. I know a networks engineer so anything I don't know he does.
jag #2
Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:02 AM
Shouldn't this be in the "servers" category?
And theres no ip-adress…
strideynet #3
Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:45 PM
Its not a server! Its a team of coders. If you read the whole thing!
Its a tekkit server and im not giving the IP out here!
PixelToast #4
Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:36 PM
:D/>/>, will you use the logos i made now?
strideynet #5
Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:45 PM
Yup
PixelToast #6
Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:10 PM
about my dns server
i made a decentralized networking program than can act as a relay across a network,
it uses a password system so you cant just fake a host and send messages as another id
but this is essentially what my dns server does, it fakes its id with a string (in this case "dnshost")
and due to the way i designed my networks, the closest computer with that id receives the message
after that the only thing you have to do is make it send the id of the webpage your trying to find
jag #7
Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:32 PM
Its not a server! Its a team of coders. If you read the whole thing!
Its a tekkit server and im not giving the IP out here!
Oh, sorry.. My bad..
I thought it was a server…
Mendax #8
Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:31 PM
Looks good, but I have sort of moved on from CC (I'll use it for a base door, but nothing big) and I'm working on a telnet system (add that, and I'll do it :3) for my website. I'm running BASH as that's my third language (First being English, second Lua, then bash.) and I know it damn well if you ask me. I AM alright with rednet though so if you're still short in a week, PM me.
sdbaynham #9
Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:06 AM
Are you guys gonna be setting something like HaxOS up again? I was really looking forward to joining a district.
Tiin57 #10
Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:59 PM
I would like to join as a rednet coder.
strideynet #11
Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:05 PM
EVERYONE IS IN:
IP FOLLOWS: 91.121.5.27:25573
Im building coding house soon! We have a city to network ^_^/>/>
strideynet #12
Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:07 PM
We need Lighting,IRC,Email,Subway control system.
This will be fun!
casr144 #13
Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:10 PM
Just joined to check this out. I'm hoping to stay and see how this epic concept pans out !
PixelToast #14
Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:27 AM
^_^/>/> :P/>/> :D/>/> its back up, im on vacation so i dont have a good internet connection, ill be on in a week or so
cheekycharlie101 #15
Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:48 PM
Can i join?, im not extreamly advanced with coding but i can do some basic shit. check out my 2 current programs if u want an idea of want i can do. please let me join ^_^/>/> also, i have made a lua tutorial for begingers, so you can check that out(not because your a beginger but so you can see what i can code)
thanks -Cheeky
PixelToast #16
Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:12 AM
:)/>/> i got some decent internet in new york, im on the server now
found a abandoned mineshaft and a huge lava pool, working on a obsidian generator
made a farm with 5 melons, selling a slice for 1 gold ea (it will decrease when i get a bigger farm :D/>/>)
strideynet #17
Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:17 PM
Your all in
phyzix5761 #18
Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:53 PM
I would like to join

IGN: phyzix5761
Experience: years of coding
Leo Verto #19
Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:19 AM
Interesting, still very popular.
I'm thinking of setting up another district-based like HaxOS, but I don't know where to host it.
App1eGenius93 #20
Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:56 AM
It's back? Awesome! I started working on this with a new team too lol. Maybe we could join forces since we basically have the same end goal?
strideynet #21
Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:38 PM
Are you doing decentralized or centralised
strideynet #22
Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:41 PM
Tbh what stage is your group at apple. We have already begun a roaming os and beggining the FTP system to allow file shared systems.
cheekycharlie101 #23
Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:06 PM
Im almost done with the menu gui for the nbos. i just need to get a print string at the top saying 'welcome to nbos' and its done (it is a lot harder than it sounds :D/>/> )
App1eGenius93 #24
Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:52 PM
Sorry, notifications went to my spam folder all of a sudden. It's late for me so talk to you all tomorrow.
cheekycharlie101 #25
Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:33 AM
THE START OF NBOS IS DONE PEOPLE!!!!! ASK CHEEKY ONLINE TO SEE THE NEW INTERFACE
Leo Verto #26
Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:31 AM
The start of nbos is done people!!!!! ask cheeky online to see the new interface
Nice to hear that, now explain what nbos actually is and please use less caps the next time you want to tell us something.
cheekycharlie101 #27
Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:08 AM
The start of nbos is done people!!!!! ask cheeky online to see the new interface
Nice to hear that, now explain what nbos actually is and please use less caps the next time you want to tell us something.
nbos is Netblock OS. the operating system that the team of coders stridey put togeather are trying to code. after 3 days of swearing and scratching my head iv'e finished the boot screen. i made a gui for the boot screen in a menu format. :D/>/>
strideynet #28
Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:09 PM
Nbos is a closed console system Leo. So we can receive network data in Parellel to running certified programs on the app store.
We basically just coded a login database. And a pretty login.
prasselpikachu #29
Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:01 AM
I also want to join. I already figured out it's a 1.3 (or 1.3.2?) one but i cant join. Is CC the only requirement?

My Application:

My IGN: prasselpikachu
My Age: 13 years old
My Coding Skill: Not the best ever, i know most things from CC, but NOT nearly as much about Lua.
My Timezone: Middle European (Germany)
How Long have I coded: I dont know … 1-2 years, but not intensive.
cheekycharlie101 #30
Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:09 AM
I also want to join. I already figured out it's a 1.3 (or 1.3.2?) one but i cant join. Is CC the only requirement?

My Application:

My IGN: prasselpikachu
My Age: 13 years old
My Coding Skill: Not the best ever, i know most things from CC, but NOT nearly as much about Lua.
My Timezone: Middle European (Germany)
How Long have I coded: I dont know … 1-2 years, but not intensive.
firstly, its on tekkit. so its 1.2.5 minecraft. second anyone can join. read up in the posts and there will be a ip somewhere. then just tell stridey your a coder when you see him on :D/>/>
matejdro #31
Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:31 AM
I would like to join

IGN: matejdro
Experience: I think I'm quite experience in lua, but I have no idea about internet protocol and how it should work . That is what I'm hoping to learn here :D/>/>
Previous projects: Mostly private projects with automating turtles. Nothing really interesting.

Also why tekkit with that "ancient" 1.4 CC? I thought web browser is better in color.
Leo Verto #32
Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:35 AM
I am against using tekkit, it's just outdated and doesn't include a lot of new CC features, it's also not likely to be updated anymore.
I suggest using FTB once it's out.
kazagistar #33
Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:01 AM
FTB is not out yet. Once it is released, a lot of people will swap over, but until then (and it might take many more weeks or months) tekkit is the most practical choice of pack for CC, RP, IC, and so on.
matejdro #34
Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:09 AM
I don't really see why would you need IC2 or RP for developing ComputerCraft programs. It's usually other way around.

I vote for 1.4.2 server with CC installed manually (with maybe chunkloader and some other mods).
Leo Verto #35
Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:23 AM
I don't really see why would you need IC2 or RP for developing ComputerCraft programs. It's usually other way around.

I vote for 1.4.2 server with CC installed manually (with maybe chunkloader and some other mods).
Forge includes a chunkloader.
I agree with you, just latest CC and a few peripherals.
strideynet #36
Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:09 PM
I like the other mods on the bases of more code to write. Aka reactor control light control,machine control
strideynet #37
Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:11 PM
And the server isn't just for this team of coders. It's a tekkit server with a zone for coding. I own the server