This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
nateracecar5's profile picture

Computercraft web store

Started by nateracecar5, 09 October 2012 - 10:29 PM
nateracecar5 #1
Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:29 AM
Make a pastebin web store! That would be cool for anyone looking for online programs to view and edit! Also you could make the pastebin API have a lock string so someone couldn't edit the file!
jag #2
Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:43 AM
Well making a pastebin file that's changeable within CC is kind of impossible…
But if you use another way of storing the data/programs it could work.

I'm interested to see if everyone will just ignore this or if they will put down time on it.
If you come up with a way of storing and changing the data, tell me and I'll be gladly on the projekt!
rhyleymaster #3
Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:51 AM
Make a pastebin web store! That would be cool for anyone looking for online programs to view and edit! Also you could make the pastebin API have a lock string so someone couldn't edit the file!
I've already done this in a Multiplayer server, But it was more similar to Steam. What it did was allowed me to update the dropbox input with a .txt including all programs and APIs.
nateracecar5 #4
Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:32 PM
That would be cool! But what I want is a world-wide webstore and the api would have command similar to, maybe, pastebin webstore or something. So I know this is a little weird but it needs to be a whole computercraft users deal, not just a server deal.
jag #5
Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:16 AM
Well you could do it on let's say a dropbox file, with all of the programs there and a API to download and list the programs.
The biggest problem is doe that it's going to be hard (if not impossible) to submit to the dropbox folder/files…