This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
justync7's profile picture

A new sort of language

Started by justync7, 10 October 2012 - 02:44 PM
justync7 #1
Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:44 PM
So, today i wanted to start a new coding language for computer craft, but not like any other ones.This one will be way more complicated than lua. (Sort of like BrainFuck) It will be a language that will make 0 sense unless you have looked at the rule sheet. Ive decided to release a beta and I would like suggestions for more rules

Console:
http://pastebin.com/Q1jsYyyc

Rule Sheet:
http://pastebin.com/uNHfaj9r
Leo Verto #2
Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:53 PM
Have fun then, I'll come back when your language has more functions!
Cranium #3
Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:04 PM
Why would you do this???
I have a hard enough time coding in Lua without all of this Derp!
Cozzimoto #4
Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:31 PM
lua is perfect as it is, why do this, out of bordem? or are you just making a script to shorthand everything?
justync7 #5
Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:59 PM
I made this mostly out of bordem and i wanted to make a retarded language
Cozzimoto #6
Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:05 PM
well its something better than nothing, lol alot of things people already coded and made programs for, so i understand if its hard to come up with a unique idea for your own program.

i am working on a quarry program that can dig any size and dig 3 layers at a time and alternate between layers so it doesnt waist fuel moving to its original spot to continue down. i got it where once its done with a layer, i make sure it faces the right direction and goes down to the next set and digs out that layer. what i got left that i want to add is a calulation function for fuel to determine the trip back home, how much estimated fuel it would consume to fill its inventory and compare that with its current fuel to see if it has enough to go back home. i also want to add a rednet system in it so i can add more turtles and have a quarry machine of them all doing my bidding.
CastleMan2000 #7
Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:09 AM
Did you intend this to only have an output stream? If not, you should try taking a few more pages from BF. It has a function for input, as well as a memory system. Heck, it's Turing complete. You should at least be able to do something with DerpLang.