This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Lithia's profile picture

a Bunch of CC idea's

Started by Lithia, 14 October 2012 - 11:09 AM
Lithia #1
Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:09 PM
a Bunch of CC idea's
————————————————
First of all im going to start with the coolest idea

CCSpeakers with ability to Play sounds through them
Like Noteblock sounds, Mob sounds and a Text to speech ability

Text to speech ability will need to have some kind of Computer voice client side
so the Server can just send the text to the Computer

The sound player could run like a midi player
while true do
Sound("Piano", 1)
sleep(0.500)
Sound("Piano", 2)
sleep(0.500)
end

As the voice commands could be like
Voice("Welcome back sir")
sleep(20)
if door == "open" then
Voice("You Need to close the door sir
else("i hope you enjoy Your stay sir")
———————————————–
Idea 2

CCHTML

Ability to Link HTML to a program so it will have custom GUI's per Console
So you could have nice pretty ADVANCED console to make your friends say WOW
and ability to see Basic webpages

term.clear()
while true do
term.clear()
 input = read.button("1, 1")
  if input == "mypass" then
   set.redstoneOutput("right", "true")
   sleep(7)
   set.redstoneOutput("right", "false")
  else
  setCursorPos("2, 1")
  print ("Access Denied", input)
  end
end

———————————————–
Idea 3

CC Mountable Turtles

To Ride your Turtle like a Train!
Ride your Pre programmed turtle to your Destination :3 and back again!
Or just let your turtle spin you around until you get sick

while true do
Entity.Hold("Right")
shell.run("go", "forward", "5")
sleep(1)
Entity.Drop("Right")
shell.run("go", "back", "5")
end

———————————————–

Enjoy these idea's

Leave feedback if you want :)/>/>
JoshhT #2
Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:37 PM
CC Mountable Turtles

I think this is fucking wonderful <3
PixelToast #3
Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:17 PM
CC Mountable Turtles

I think this is fucking wonderful <3
YUS, SADDLE PERIPHERAL
and possibly a additional speed upgrade
PonyKuu #4
Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:51 PM
Yes! I like the idea of special turtle, which can move player!
Tiin57 #5
Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:49 PM
Just so no one else gets disappointingly excited, turtles are blocks. They cannot operate in the manner in which you are describing, because they are not entities.
billysback #6
Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:55 PM
Just so no one else gets disappointingly excited, turtles are blocks. They cannot operate in the manner in which you are describing, because they are not entities.
Surly, however, they turn in to entities temporarily whilst moving.
And who's to say you can't lock a players position above a block; it would be easier than an entity as there would be no chance for it to suddenly have force for the player to follow (although, obviously, there would have to be checks in case the block is broken or the turtle begins to move)

You seem to be making up limitations…
immibis #7
Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:14 PM
Or they could make an invisible entity follow the turtle, problem solved.
Sebra #8
Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:35 PM
This problem is surely solvable. Instead of saddle make turtles move (and turn) any mob/player/item standing/recumbent on it. Welcome turtle lifts, keep yourself off the edge. :)/>/>
PS: Block, pushed up by piston push items up. Why turtle cannot?
Cloudy #9
Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Because it is not coded to. It is something I want to look into.
ETHANATOR360 #10
Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:22 PM
HTML? i think javascript would work better for interaction with text
PixelToast #11
Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:29 PM
lol, i dont like the idea of html (or javascript) in CC :3
ETHANATOR360 #12
Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:00 AM
me neither but if an aternative programing language was to be use in cc javascript would probably be the besy option
darkrising #13
Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:07 AM
CC Mountable Turtles

Epic idea, I was thinking of this a while back but you beat me too it :)/>/>
Sebra #14
Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:42 PM
Because it is not coded to. It is something I want to look into.
Thanks! No doubt it possible. It's so sad to fall through the turtle.
CC Mountable Turtles

Epic idea, I was thinking of this a while back but you beat me too it :D/>/>
To stay on top is better:
1.No new type of turtle needed.
2.You need to keep on top.
3.Hit by something or bad programming and you are flying :P/>/>
BrolofTheViking #15
Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:23 AM
Not very long ago I had the idea that turtles should be able to be placed in a minecart to move the cart. Obviously this situation would place limitations on the turtle's movement, like being unable to turn or move up or down, but it should be able to save the turtle fuel, as moving on a train track is more efficient than moving on land. Then, the turtle, being in a cart, would also be able to push other minecarts, allowing the player to be able to use the turtle to move around.

Use of redstone signals would also allow the turtle to alter the direction when it reaches intersections.

not really my best idea ever, but I do think that it would be very useful, giving the turtles the ability to interact with minecarts in some way.
PonyKuu #16
Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:58 AM
Yeah, that's a nice idea about minecarts. But I'm not sure if it is possible to implement. There are some complex stuff about entities and blocks
Also, turtle can interact with minecarts - if turtle turtle.attacks it, minecart will eventually be broken and placed into the turtle's inventory. :D/>/>'
I think it can place them too.
Doyle3694 #17
Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:47 PM
not in it's inventroy? it must suck it up first right?
Cloudy #18
Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:26 PM
not in it's inventroy? it must suck it up first right?

Nope - if you break it it will go straight into the turtles inventory.
Lithia #19
Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:00 AM
Couldent turtles work like the player movement of
Frames from tekkit?

When frames move it moves the player standing on it with the frame

I belive its part of the Redpower mod
ChunLing #20
Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:20 AM
I don't object to the idea of having an entity based "utility mob" turtle in addition to the tile entity version. But realistically, it is a pretty huge alteration of what a turtle is. And there are already plenty of mods which add player controlled utility mobs or vehicles. And some of the suggestions for improving turtles basically add nothing to the game. I mean…what is the point of riding a turtle rather than a minecart? Minecarts are a lot faster and cheaper already. Walking is faster.

Turtles can already interact with minecarts in most ways that matter…including being loaded into a chestcart by another turtle, sent to a destination, and being sucked out, placed, and booted up by a third turtle at the other end.

Speaker blocks might be an okay idea…turtles can already use noteblocks and jukeboxes, though. But I mostly listen to actual music (with vocals and stuff) while playing, so maybe I'm underestimating how important it is for other people to hear interesting sounds while playing.
Xfel #21
Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:21 AM
I think the suggestion was about something else: that the turtle should be able to carry the player around. Would be useful for elevators.
Doyle3694 #22
Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:43 AM
Couldent turtles work like the player movement of
Frames from tekkit?

When frames move it moves the player standing on it with the frame

I belive its part of the Redpower mod

aaaargh, It hurts when people refer to mods as tekkit rather then the mod itself…. Though I thought frames just crashed in tekkit? And yes, it's part of redpower :D/>/>
Lithia #23
Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:35 PM
Well chungling
Imagine Flying your turtle around 80 blocks off the ground and up hills by commands

This will make good for air transport ect
also a thing called (Fun)
PonyKuu #24
Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:13 PM
Yeah, that would be nice!
Also, I think about "piston turtle" which can move up to 12 blocks and player as it moves around. That would also be useful.

But, yeah, If "riding turtle" is possible, I'd like to see it.
ChunLing #25
Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:23 PM
I would rather have a faster vehicle…one at least fast enough that I didn't jump to my death out of sheer boredom. Or a jumppack (which exists in IndustrialCraft, a popular mod often used alongside CC).

And, in point of fact, you can already ride a turtle through the air, it just isn't very safe. You can also "magic carpet" two turtles, one laying some kind of paving (glass works) and the other collecting it. But turtles are really slow They are sooooooo boooooring to ride or walk beside. I've tried various turtle riding schemes, and I'm telling you, except for the occasional ride down, I just don't bother. Because pretty much anything else is faster and funner than riding a turtle. And usually safer as well.
Lithia #26
Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:51 AM
I would rather have a faster vehicle…one at least fast enough that I didn't jump to my death out of sheer boredom. Or a jumppack (which exists in IndustrialCraft, a popular mod often used alongside CC).

And, in point of fact, you can already ride a turtle through the air, it just isn't very safe. You can also "magic carpet" two turtles, one laying some kind of paving (glass works) and the other collecting it. But turtles are really slow They are sooooooo boooooring to ride or walk beside. I've tried various turtle riding schemes, and I'm telling you, except for the occasional ride down, I just don't bother. Because pretty much anything else is faster and funner than riding a turtle. And usually safer as well.

What about Mob transport? having your Turtles sort out your cows from sheep and placing them in the right paddock

or moving Afk people into lava Hehe
Or maybe just a prison system to transport Griefers to their new cells

There's heaps of uses for it
ChunLing #27
Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:05 AM
You can use minecarts to trap mobs and push them about. But a way to trap players in a vehicle they can't get out of would be kinda interesting…just not in the spirit of ComputerCraft. I'm all for an entity based turtle, but some of the ideas people have for what to do with one make me wonder why I want one. Just because, that's why. At the end of the day, that's not a good enough reason.

I just think that it would be fun to have a turtle that was affected by gravity and stuff. Not fun enough to come up with reasons they should be in the mod…or rather, just because I think something would be fun that doesn't mean I feel justified in pressing others to do it.
electrodude512 #28
Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:01 PM
You should be able to make snow and iron golems with computers instead of pumpkins. Then you can make an army of snowball and zombie throwing monsters that actually attack what you want them to! Of course, there would have to be a better way for them to detect their environment than what there is now, however.
Cloudy #29
Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:23 PM
You should be able to make snow and iron golems with computers instead of pumpkins. Then you can make an army of snowball and zombie throwing monsters that actually attack what you want them to! Of course, there would have to be a better way for them to detect their environment than what there is now, however.

Hehehe. Interesting idea.
ChunLing #30
Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:38 AM
Yeah, a computerized utility mob, that's what I'm talking about. A programmable iron golem (forget the snow golem, they're way to fragile to waste a computer on) would be the bomb.

Make it mountable (using a saddle) just for lolz, go out there and take on some spider jockeys. The real difficulty then is how to log into it if it's mountable.
Sebra #31
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:55 PM
Comp-zombie.Like Kazimir's Art.
Make it (almost) invincible and name it T-13 ^_^/>/>

Idea is interesting but hard to make behavior programmable. Else it would just another mob.
Xfel #32
Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:08 PM
Well it seems that the mob AI is programmable already. we'd only need a way to program it in lua…
Sebra #33
Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:36 PM
But mob programs probably use functions, we hardly will get in lua.
ChunLing #34
Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:47 PM
…so did tile entities, before the CC team started making turtles.

Look, it will be a challenge. That's why I'm always against adding CC entities that will just do stuff you can get from any other mod, cause it would waste the CC team's time. But a programmable mob is fun and in the spirit of CC (said spirit being programming stuff), so I'm all for it.
Shnupbups #35
Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:35 PM
Delete this comment please, I madez a boo-boo.
Tiin57 #36
Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 PM
I throw my vote in for programmable mobs, while this topic is revived. :(/>/>
ChunLing #37
Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:21 PM
Remember that my vote is for bad-ass mobs, rather than weak-sauce mobs. Computers may be pretty cheap, but they aren't pumpkins.
Tiin57 #38
Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 PM
Remember that my vote is for bad-ass mobs, rather than weak-sauce mobs. Computers may be pretty cheap, but they aren't pumpkins.
Definitely. No computerized snow golems. Try electronic withers. That's a bad-ass mob. :(/>/>
lieudusty #39
Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:10 PM
Turtle saddle :(/>/>
Tiin57 #40
Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:34 PM
Turtle saddle :(/>/>
Bad lieudusty. No turtle saddles.