This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Tiin57's profile picture

Amazing suggestion

Started by Tiin57, 15 October 2012 - 07:16 AM
Tiin57 #1
Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

local psa = publicServiceAnnouncement.bind()
psa.add("No more suggesting cameras.")
psa.add("No more suggesting laptops.")
psa.end()
print(psa)
Seriously. No more suggesting laptops. No more suggesting cameras. They've been suggested half a dozen times in three months. Each.
Doyle3694 #2
Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:34 PM
Not really, seen cameras once suggested, not even seen a laptop suggestion
Tiin57 #3
Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:50 PM
By laptops, I mean portable computers. And look a bit harder.
ChunLing #4
Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:54 AM
Yeah, suggestions should be for something that you can't already do, at the very least.
jadelade #5
Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:17 AM
Ho cares, if you don't like them then just ignore them.
ChunLing #6
Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:25 AM
I generally try to post feedback on how the suggested "new" function can already be added, in the spirit of assuming that people didn't know they could already do it without having to bother the CC developers. But frequently, it turns out that the person making the suggestion already knows that they can already do it, what they mean is that the CC developers should drop all their work on actually making new things possible and make it easier for people to do something.
Doyle3694 #7
Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:08 AM
Well humans can be divided into 2 groups, the first group is "serious", the second group just like to complain. looks like you are in the second group
Tiin57 #8
Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:23 AM
Doyle, I am tired of this sub forum being cluttered with near-identical suggestions. Also, that's a pretty damn good way of categorizing people. By putting me in the complainer category, you have put yourself in there AND made a useless post. Don't you just love psychology? ^.^
Cloudy #9
Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:38 AM
Meh. Boring argument is boring.

However, he is correct - people should search before posting. Many of these suggestions have been made many times before - and if people had bothered to search, they'd realise that PDA's are planned and that cameras are out of the spirit of this mod.
ChunLing #10
Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:50 PM
And that there are already perfectly good mods (fully compatible with CC) which provide cameras. And a very nice looking peripheral that provides an early version of a PDA. If you want to contribute rather than complain, go help develop an API for the PDA that exists now.