This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Teraminer's profile picture

Why did you choose that sig?

Started by Teraminer, 15 October 2012 - 05:02 PM
Teraminer #1
Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:02 PM
I saw many people having some nice, funny, others intresting or full of youneedtoknow stuff.
So why did YOU choose that sig?
Lettuce #2
Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:15 PM
I can tell you why I chose my pic, but it's a really long story, and I don't want to get into it. A story of love, and betrayal…

As for my sig, it's cause I'm a talking head of lettuce. And I like my turtle programs.
D3matt #3
Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:50 PM
What sig?
Lettuce #4
Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:52 PM
See the grey text beneath my post? That's a sig. Or "signature" if you wanna be technical. You can set it under "My Profile."
Noodle #5
Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:18 PM
Because that really is my server + anti-virus.
Cranium #6
Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:06 PM
I'm just awesome. And I like to advertise my programs.
PixelToast #7
Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:57 AM
which is agains the rules, there is a 4 line limit ftw
Pharap #8
Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:04 AM
which is agains the rules, there is a 4 line limit ftw
ftw?for the win?isn't a limit a bad thing?

And anyway, there's nothing against advertising your programs in your signature, it's advertising them in the middle of a forum post that's bad.
And if there was a 4 line limit, surely it would be strictly impossible to write more than 4 lines in a signature.
Cranium #9
Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:31 PM
I am aware of the limit "rule". I do also see that when you change it, it does say it can be as long as you want it. Adding one spoiler though eliminates about half of the length.
I seem to remember that this is just a suggestion from the admins on the forums, and is not strictly enforced. I have seen other people with sigs more than 4 lines in length. I have also seen people put lots of pictures in their sigs to make it ridiculously long.
sjele #10
Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:35 PM
I chose mine to tell you a msg and i told you what i was doing.
As to the picture thing, th op is a good example :D/>/>
Cranium #11
Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:38 PM
See? Even Sjele's sig says I am awesome!
sjele #12
Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:58 PM
Lol :D/>/>
Lettuce #13
Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:12 PM
Don't get a big head Cranium. Get it? ha ha…
Cruor #14
Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:46 AM
I use this sig because its true, and that i want robot unicorns! so donate to the almighty dan! *was totaly not bribed to say this</jk>*
Noodle #15
Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:43 PM
I use this sig because its true, and that i want robot unicorns! so donate to the almighty dan! *was totaly not bribed to say this</jk>*
Okay, you win. I love your sig.
ETHANATOR360 #16
Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:57 AM
i use this sig because its hilarious
nitrogenfingers #17
Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:19 AM
Ethanator360, your signature is fantastic! I looked it up and found a few great quotes I'm seriously thinking of using in place of my current signature (http://mattdturner.c...kes-and-quotes/)

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are–by definition–not smart enough to debug it.”
(Brian Kernighan)

“If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.”
(Edsger W. Dijkstra)

My signature was modelled after mottos often used by universities and high schools that usually have something to do with unity or hard work, and was the motto of the on-line institute where I ran programming workshops. It's a play on the fact that turtles bring to mind slow moving and rather useless (if noble) creatures which at first glance they are, where their embodiment in minecraft has shown them to have diverse applications and often be more useful than some other mod features that can be much larger and more resource-demanding.
BigSHinyToys #18
Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:06 PM
I chose mine after reading responses in the "ask a pro" section like "this should work" when in fact they were giving out code with bugs in it. I don't really care if programs I make are used so I don't advertise them in my sig.
Pharap #19
Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:18 AM
Saw Nitrogen's programming quotes, had to counter with some quotes from one of the most genius programming linguists of all time: Larry Wall.

PS- bonus points for if you can spell Bjarne Stroustrup correctly (His name is as garbled as his language).
Teraminer #20
Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:10 PM
i use this sig because its hilarious
I actualy was thinking of righting this to a professor of mine :P/>/>.
Dlcruz129 #21
Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:11 AM
Cuz its a funny paradox.
ETHANATOR360 #22
Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:25 AM
Ethanator360, your signature is fantastic! I looked it up and found a few great quotes I'm seriously thinking of using in place of my current signature (http://mattdturner.c...kes-and-quotes/)

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are–by definition–not smart enough to debug it.”
(Brian Kernighan)

“If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.”
(Edsger W. Dijkstra)

My signature was modelled after mottos often used by universities and high schools that usually have something to do with unity or hard work, and was the motto of the on-line institute where I ran programming workshops. It's a play on the fact that turtles bring to mind slow moving and rather useless (if noble) creatures which at first glance they are, where their embodiment in minecraft has shown them to have diverse applications and often be more useful than some other mod features that can be much larger and more resource-demanding.
holy cow!! i just got a comment from the creator of the applications of computercraft videoes *faints*
and thanks teraminer and dlcruz129 some other great technology comics i found in my java book http://www.the5thwave.com/
kintick #23
Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:45 AM
Mine is one I wrote simply to do nothing, (no srsly)
I don't even know if it works…

plus, one of my programs I am working on
Leo Verto #24
Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:37 AM
This signature referred about 60 people and got me the highest possible VIP rank on minebook without paying a cent, profit signatures ftw!