This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ausaima's profile picture

[1.3][SSP] HDpatcher and computer craft = Dirt Screen Of Death

Started by ausaima, 08 March 2012 - 12:36 PM
ausaima #1
Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:36 PM
Okay I been playing around trying to fix my issue with out having to come to you guys first

What mods im running

Clean Install of 1.1

Risugamis ModLoader 1.1
ModLoaderMp 1.1 v2
Minecraft Forge 1.3.3.12
Computer Craft 1.3
HD-Patch 2.3.4_01.exe

My problem is getting cc to work with hdpatcher will give a dirt screen of death don't see any error.

computer craft was installed into the /mods folder and was extracted from the zip

if I had cc installed and place my texture pack into the texture pack folder and have it selected with out installing hdpatcher it will work fine.
if I had cc installed and installed hdpatcher and did not select a texture pack it would work fine
if I had cc installed and installed hdpatcher and had my texture pack selected it would crash
if I had cc not installed and installed hdpatcher and also had my texture pack enabled it would not crash even with IC2 and build-craft also added after that it still would not craft only once i placed cc in will it ever do so.

Not sure if I have done something wrong or if i overlooked something but some help would be good thanks
Espen #2
Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:50 PM
This is not a direct solution, but it might be a possible alternative to using HDPatcher:
Have you tried OptiFine? To my knowledge it supports HD texture packs as well and it works fine with CC.
If you don't know it yet, you can find it here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-123-optifine-hd-b-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-more/
ausaima #3
Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:54 PM
give it a go see how things go
ausaima #4
Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:20 PM
okay thanks for that im all fixed and happier for switching.
Espen #5
Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:27 PM
Glad to hear it's working for you.
Another useful thing about OptiFine is that in addition to its HD texture support and performance boost, you'll also have a lot of settings you can tweak now.
Happy ComputerCrafting! :mellow:/>/>