This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Neowulf's profile picture

[1.31] IC2 intigration

Started by Neowulf, 08 March 2012 - 05:31 PM
Neowulf #1
Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:31 PM
Not forcing computers or turtles to use EU to function, but a way to get information from IC2 machines.

Allow computers connected to IC2 machines (either by adjacency, a data cable, or bundled redpower cable) to poll the machines for information and receive events.
For generators- Current EU/t generation and fuel reserves (amount and type of fuel items for generators, lava/water amounts for geothermal and watermill.
For energy storage- EU/t input, EU/t output, and current EU reserves. Electrolyzer also gives count of stored water cells and electrolyzed water cells.
For machines- List of upgrades installed, current EU reserves, current EU/t usage, item/block ID and count of input items, ID and count of output items, and time until current job completion. Also events sent for every job start and completion.
For Miner and pump- Events with ID of blocks mined and liquids pumped. Poll for current miner depth, number of pipes left, and type of scanner and drill installed.
For all- ID and status of batteries/crystals in charge and discharge slots. Command to stop/start work.

Wireless smartcard- Crafted by a wireless modem on top of an IC2 circuit. Upgrade for IC2 machines that gives them a rednet connection. Card reader peripheral to read/set rednet ID?

Generator optimizer- Upgrade or block that increases EU/t generation of installed/adjacent generators by 10%. Requires a computer to craft and can be used as one if a block.
Give those puny machines a real brain.

Nuclear regulator (wishful thinking…)- Peripheral that gives access to EU/t generation statistics, hull/item temperature levels, and inventory manipulation when installed next to a reactor (takes the place of an addon chamber). Can search through a reactor's inventory, poll individual items for their heat levels, ID's, and percent remaining for fuel cells. Also can move items between an adjacent inventory and the reactor. SCRAM command too of course.
Bard #2
Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:02 PM
That would be nice, but I figure if it'll ever come to pass it'll be as a peripheral.

Meanwhile SOME of the stuff you want can in very LIMITED fashion be done with other addons.
passinglurker #3
Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:23 PM
this should take the form of a cross over mod so we don't have to wait for ic2 to update. this is pure speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if the ICpad that alblaka mentioned in his most recent post is some sort of ic2 controller block.
FuzzyPurp #4
Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:48 AM
passinglurker #5
Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:52 AM
*blink* *blink* what… is… that…

well what ever it is. IT LOOKS AWESOME!
Neowulf #6
Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:17 AM
O.O Want.
Liraal #7
Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:06 AM
I'm quite sure that's the Sensors Peripheral.
I WANT DOCS!

No, seriously, just release some basic info so that people know what to expect.
6677 #8
Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:14 PM
Thats looking damn good. But whats the mod your using in the top left hand corner???
Also how are you covering those bundled cables like that?

Looks like I'm downloading industrial craft either way. And whichever peripheral allows me to retrieve that sort of information.
Cloudy #9
Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:08 PM
That's the sensor block by Yoskas - hopefully there will be a release once 1.31 goes public :mellow:/>/>
Mattzz #10
Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:50 AM
@FuzzyPurp always loved your pack. It almost makes me feel like coding my own mod pack(Installer(in java of course)
with pretty much all the mods you have(in your mod list(the ones that I can get)