This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
prognamstyle's profile picture

Ipads

Started by prognamstyle, 18 October 2012 - 04:27 PM
prognamstyle #1
Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:27 PM
I just thought of an idea you could make i pads that could run programs like apps but you cant edit anything. a modem could make it an Iphone.
jag #2
Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:14 PM
If you got a modem on it would be really cool! Because then you could tell a turtle to go towards that modem and so then you'll get a turtle-pet.
But the names :/ iPhone and iPad is kind of copyrighted, you'll have to make up some new names.
Like MC (mobile computer, very similar to minecraft doe) and MM (mobile modem).
robhol #3
Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:15 PM
Apart from the fact that any Apple reference in minecraft would make me vomit, (oh, and they'd sue everyone again) this is the wrong section and it's been suggested tons of times. There even is a "PDA" peripheral (sort of like a plugin for CC) out there, and it might eventually make it into the proper mod.
casr144 #4
Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:15 PM
Perhaps a Minecraft Galaxy Tab ?
Cloudy #5
Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:24 AM
We wouldn't go with an existing brand name. Notice how Computers are just called Computers? They aren't called macs, or anything else like that.
Sammich Lord #6
Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:47 AM
How about just plain "Tablet"? I am surprised you didn't move/lock this thread for being in the wrong section :P/>/>
Cloudy #7
Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:29 AM
How about just plain "Tablet"? I am surprised you didn't move/lock this thread for being in the wrong section :P/>/>

I get lazy when I'm on my phone :)/>/> I'll get round to it!