This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Harton's profile picture

Turtles stuck

Started by Harton, 25 October 2012 - 08:59 PM
Harton #1
Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:59 PM
Hi, I've tested on two different computers with 1.3.2 and 1.4.2 MC versions and so many combinations of forge and computercraft on clean instalations. Actually I'm using the lastest versions of 3 things. (Yes I've deleted the META-INF folder, but I've tried not deleting it too)

This is the issue:

- I put on creative mode (single player) a Turtle in the world with so many fuel.
- Acces to it and write "Lua" –> "turtle.forward()"
- Sometimes works but normally it returns false. Nothing in front.

It happens for turtle.up() and turtle.down() too. When it happens the only way to make it works again is using tunnel or excavate default programs. This is a fix but normally the situation returns in some moment.

If I do "edit" –> "TestProgram" and write some movements starts well but in some moment it will be stuck again and nothing is bloquing the turtle.

If is stuck and I use detect functions it returns false. The turtle knows that nothing is there but its can't move.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've read the apis and all bug section post but nothing relative to my issue.

Can you help me?
tom2018 #2
Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:43 PM
does the turtle have fuel?
Harton #3
Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:24 AM
Yes.

- I put on creative mode (single player) a Turtle in the world with so many fuel.

3 cells with 64.
ScruffyRules #4
Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:26 AM
you need to do this:
turtle.refuel()
Harton #5
Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:04 AM
I love you man.

When the turtles start to move they automatically consumed fuel. I did not know that you have to refuel "manually". I should have deducted looking the API, sorry and thanks.