This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
rockymc's profile picture

How much ComputerCraft is now boring

Started by rockymc, 10 March 2012 - 10:39 PM
rockymc #1
Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:39 PM
What I'm telling here is that, we all get excited about new stuff coming on for ComputerCraft, and it takes a lot of time and we get pissed off. Then when the update releases, you play for some time then stop, because it got boring. I'm not playing CC anymore because of two things: developers are lying about updates/official stuff and because I got bored and I wont play it until the official docs are released and when it is updated. NOTE: this is my opinion, and if you want to comment, comment.
mrgreaper #2
Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:46 PM
What I'm telling here is that, we all get excited about new stuff coming on for ComputerCraft, and it takes a lot of time and we get pissed off. Then when the update releases, you play for some time then stop, because it got boring. I'm not playing CC anymore because of two things: developers are lying about updates/official stuff and because I got bored and I wont play it until the official docs are released and when it is updated. NOTE: this is my opinion, and if you want to comment, comment.

i dont find it boring, quite the contry its very much a core feature of our server.

working ways to intergrate it into our processes is fun :mellow:/>/> (when i can figure it out lol )

the new screens shown in the preview looks awsome
rockymc #3
Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:49 PM
Well, I want to create peripherals more than a month and they are badasses who wont teach me how to or release the docs for it.
Espen #4
Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:59 PM
Well, I want to create peripherals more than a month and they are badasses who wont teach me how to or release the docs for it.
Well, did you apply for beta testing?
pieiscool32 #5
Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:38 AM
How DO you apply for BETA testing? Because I want in!
ComputerCraftFan11 #6
Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:41 AM
What he said ^^
Espen #7
Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:45 AM
There was an application topic started by Casper a while ago, where you had provide specific details about yourself (what you can offer, how you can contribute to testing, etc.)
It doesn't seem to be up anymore tough, from which I surmise that they seem to have enough beta testers at the moment.

Also don't forget, there's quite a difference between primarily wanting to have early access to the pre-release or genuinely wanting to help with testing.
And al lot of people just want in because of the former. :mellow:/>/>
pieiscool32 #8
Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:24 AM
Well, whatever… i still want in… whatever it takes, i will get in…
coolblockj #9
Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:32 AM
Well, whatever… i still want in… whatever it takes, i will get in…
I want in too :mellow:/>/>
FuzzyPurp #10
Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:57 AM
It seems this is nothing more than an instant gratification problem and/or impatience. Who has lied about what? Is this post even serious? If you are bored with CC then move on.
Casper7526 #11
Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:09 AM
Rocky is upset because I've told him a few times that the API Docs are coming soon, that was the latest information I had at the time, the new information is that they will be released with 1.31 to make it a bit more proper.

I'm sorry that you are waiting for the API, but I can guarantee you have yet to even start on your "peripheral". Most of us not only had an "idea" for a peripheral, but we have 100's if not 1000's of lines of code already written and waiting for the API. You don't need the API to make a mod, you could simply make the mod by yourself then do this

// This is where the computer will get this result sent back to it
// so I will just leave this comment here until I get the official API
Cloudy #12
Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:22 AM
Case in point: before I got beta access, I started the groundwork for monitors. You don't need the computercraft API in order to start work on your peripheral. Functions can still be set up, and even tested from within a MC mod.