This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Tiin57's profile picture

Luaforge Pre2: Write Forge Mods In Lua!

Started by Tiin57, 27 October 2012 - 10:47 PM
Tiin57 #1
Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:47 AM
Luaforge pre2 is for Minecraft 1.6.2!
Progress can be found at https://github.com/tiin57/luaforge

An example mod which adds a textureless block:
luamods/testmod/main.lua:

-- Block = luaforge.block.new(number blockID, luaforge.materials material)
block = luaforge.block.new(2019, luaforge.materials.rock)

-- luaforge.block.setCreativeTab(Block block, luaforge.creativetabs creativeTab)
luaforge.block.setCreativeTab(block, luaforge.creativetabs.tabRedstone)

-- luaforge.game.registerBlock(Block block, string name)
-- Note that this method's name parameter does not change the name displayed while ingame.
luaforge.game.registerBlock(block, "testblock")
luamods/testmod/luamod.info

modid:testmod
modname:Test Mod
version:1.0
authors:tiin57,another author, Yet another author
credits:tiin57 and this other guy
description:This is a test mod for Luaforge.
url:luaforge.info (Eventually)
updateurl:luaforge.info/updates (Again, WAIT)
logofile:NA
loadstate:beforeminecraft
All fields need to be present, even if blank.
At this point, there are several possibilities for the loadstate, but right now, the only one that allows you to do anything except some printing is "beforeminecraft".
luamod.info is very inflexible in terms of spacing.
{field}:{value}
You cannot have spaces anywhere except in the value.

Changelog:
pre2: Fixed networking, servers can now be set up!
pre1: Initial prerelease.

Downloads:
pre1: http://www.mediafire...aforge-pre1.jar
pre2: http://www.mediafire...aforge-pre2.jar

Please remember that this is just a proof-of-concept at this point, and the only methods are the ones documented above.

The server verification crash has been fixed; Luaforge servers can now be created! :D/>
Sxw #2
Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:12 AM
This seems amazing. I hope that it develops. /me wonders if it will let me make peripherals.
Tiin57 #3
Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:14 AM
This seems amazing. I hope that it develops. /me wonders if it will let me make peripherals.
We are creating a LuaForge API so that other modders can implement their mod APIs into LuaForge. Hopefully, this will include Computercraft.
kei_k #4
Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:12 AM
will this till be cross-compatible with current non-lua forge mods?
Dlcruz129 #5
Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:17 AM
/me's head explodes.
Klausar #6
Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:55 AM
Dude, that's awesome!
ROBdk97 #7
Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:09 AM
Very nice
BigSHinyToys #8
Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:23 AM
this will be on my follow list cant wait.
Tiin57 #9
Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:47 AM
will this till be cross-compatible with current non-lua forge mods?
Yes, it will.
/me's head explodes.
Dude, that's awesome!
Very nice
Thanks for the support, guys! :D/>/>
dus998 #10
Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:01 AM
this is looking like it will be a good mod for lua devs, i myself is learning java to mod mc and i will try this out when it has a few more functions added
Geforce Fan #11
Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:11 AM
Lol you should make it so you can make them withthin ComputerCraft, then test them without exiting minecraft…
PixelToast #12
Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:25 AM
sounds epic :P/>/> :P/>/> :D/>/>
Shazz #13
Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:33 AM
That's a great idea (I know you didn't come up with it, I heard you talking about another similar project on IRC). But, I am definitely going to give this a try after you guys have added more functions and more documentation. Keep working on it!
Sammich Lord #14
Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:29 AM
Might be cool.
Keeree #15
Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:05 PM
Let's see this come to light. You know you got one beta-tester right here.

Java. Ugh. >.< Ain't touching that again.
Tiin57 #16
Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:52 PM
That's a great idea (I know you didn't come up with it, I heard you talking about another similar project on IRC). But, I am definitely going to give this a try after you guys have added more functions and more documentation. Keep working on it!
I did in fact come up with the idea of implementing Forge in Lua. In IRC, I was talking about LuaCraft, which is 1) completely different and 2) discontinued.

To all the rest; thanks a ton!
I will be on a hiatus for a bit. Samrg742 will update the wiki with progress.
Mads #17
Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:31 PM
Urh… Minecraft should have been written in C++! Much easier to embed Lua.
PixelToast #18
Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:19 PM
Urh… Minecraft should have been written in C++! Much easier to embed Lua.
yep, and much more efficient lua also >_>
ardera #19
Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:57 AM
AWESOME!!!!!
/me is fainting

(Translated with Google™)
Tiin57 #20
Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:54 AM
I actually added a block.createBlock function last weekend. It is… somewhere in Jenkins.
Also, thanks for all the support!
casr144 #21
Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:43 AM
how !? Actually nvm ! Idc how ! This looks epic ! Exclamation mark !
Tiin57 #22
Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:58 AM
Lucky_Taco99 said:
Hello, i am requesting a 1.4.2 version of Luaforge. -Snippy snip by tiin-
I will work on a 1.4.2 version.
Edit: The above is quoted from a PM sent to me by Lucky_Taco99.
SirBlockles #23
Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:27 AM
Lucky_Taco99 said:

Hello, i am requesting a 1.4.2 version of Luaforge. -Snippy snip by tiin-
I will work on a 1.4.2 version.
Edit: The above is quoted from a PM sent to me by Lucky_Taco99.
Yeah, the original post said to PM you about the 1.4.2 release, so i did.
Tiin57 #24
Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:29 AM
Yeah, the original post said to PM you about the 1.4.2 release, so i did.
Thank you. That has now been fixed in the OP.
samrg472 #25
Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:26 AM
Any build greater than 30 on the Jenkins will be for 1.4.3 and will require you to install the mod into the coremods folder NOT the mods folder!

Textures in block wills be working shortly in the latest build to come soon, that I have been working hard on for the past few days.

Edit: In case anyone didn't know, theres also an IRC Channel at #luaforge on the esper network.
@tiin57 you should probably include it in the post

The IRC Information:
Channel: #luaforge
Network: irc.esper.net
Shazz #26
Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:57 AM
-.- I did in fact come up with the idea of implementing Forge in Lua. In IRC, I was talking about LuaCraft, which is 1) completely different and 2) discontinued.

My apologies then, but this project is still awesome! Keep up the work.
SirBlockles #27
Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:39 PM
Yay! Update! (Although if I remember correctly the current version of minecraft is 1.4.2, not 1.4.3, but I might be wrong.) I will try A.S.A.P.

EDIT: Fixed spelling of Minecraft… :P/>/>
samrg472 #28
Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:08 PM
Yay! Update! (Although if I remember correctly the current version of minecraftg is 1.4.2, not 1.4.3, but I might be wrong.) I will try A.S.A.P.

You can download a version of Minecraft Forge 1.4.3
http://files.minecraftforge.net/
Make sure to get the LATEST download

I have updated the wiki to contain installation instructions and download links to all
Dlcruz129 #29
Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:48 PM
So how is this possible? It just seems odd that Minecraft would be able to edit itself.
Tiin57 #30
Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:44 AM
So how is this possible? It just seems odd that Minecraft would be able to edit itself.
What do you mean?
Tiin57 #31
Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:20 AM
By the way, we are now in 1.4.3. We have dropped all support for 1.3.2 builds.
Sammich Lord #32
Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:08 AM
Once we create a mod where do we put the Lua file? On the wiki there is no tutorial on where to place finished mods and how to make a properties.lua file. Can you please update the wiki to have this information?
Tiin57 #33
Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:10 AM
The info is in the OP on properties.lua.
Put the main.lua and properties.lua into lua-mods/yourmodname/.
Sammich Lord #34
Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:41 AM
Can you please add a example mod on the wiki? Kinda hard to make a mod without documentation. The wiki explains the usage of the "block.createBlock" function but doesn't tell us what the variables in the function mean.
SirBlockles #35
Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:06 AM
So the minecraft version is the 1.4.3 pre-release?
Yep. I tried it, and it is.
samrg472 #36
Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:26 AM
Can you please add a example mod on the wiki? Kinda hard to make a mod without documentation. The wiki explains the usage of the "block.createBlock" function but doesn't tell us what the variables in the function mean.

Actually all the arguments to the function is indeed documented. But I do need to document the types of valid material.
Here is a quick example

client.preloadTexture("/block.png")
b = block.createBlock(500, 1, "rock", "/block.png", "First block", "demo")
block.setCreativeTab("demo", "tabFood")

"/block" is the texture in the mod folder.
"rock" is the material
500 is the block ID
1 is the index of the texture file
"First block" is the visible block name
"demo" is the hidden block name for which you use to configure block properties (and is also required internally)
block.setCreativeTab sets the tab the block will show up in, in the creative menu.

Anyways, I should create a mod creation tutorial and a library of fully working examples to learn off of (including textures too)
Tiin57 #37
Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:35 AM
Sam the man :P/>/>
Sammich Lord #38
Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Actually all the arguments to the function is indeed documented. But I do need to document the types of valid material.
Here is a quick example

client.preloadTexture("/block.png")
b = block.createBlock(500, 1, "rock", "/block.png", "First block", "demo")
block.setCreativeTab("demo", "tabFood")

"/block" is the texture in the mod folder.
"rock" is the material
500 is the block ID
1 is the index of the texture file
"First block" is the visible block name
"demo" is the hidden block name for which you use to configure block properties (and is also required internally)
block.setCreativeTab sets the tab the block will show up in, in the creative menu.

Anyways, I should create a mod creation tutorial and a library of fully working examples to learn off of (including textures too)
Thanks man! However, I will wait till you have the tutorial done and added a few more functions(Such as: addWorldGen, addRecipe, addItem, etc.) to actually work on anything major. But thinks for explaining all of it! But what if I wanted a block with multiple textures for each side(Like how a crafting table has 3 different textures(top, bottom, sides))?
Also, why is it "b = block.createBlock….." instead of just "block.createBlock…"?
samrg472 #39
Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:29 AM
Thanks man! However, I will wait till you have the tutorial done and added a few more functions(Such as: addWorldGen, addRecipe, addItem, etc.) to actually work on anything major. But thinks for explaining all of it! But what if I wanted a block with multiple textures for each side(Like how a crafting table has 3 different textures(top, bottom, sides))?
Also, why is it "b = block.createBlock….." instead of just "block.createBlock…"?
Sorry for not explaining that part. block.createBlock() returns a boolean (true or false) True when the block is successfully created, else its false if it failed to create the block (e.g. missing parameter). The purpose of it returning a boolean is to help debug (especially since you can easily make a typo when specifying the material)

Edit: Most of the tutorial is completed on the wiki, please visit http://luaforge.tk/i..._creating_a_mod
Any constructive feedback is welcome
Tiin57 #40
Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:25 PM
By the way, "hiatus" in this context means "at a military reserve training camp with no computer".
Dlcruz129 #41
Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:12 PM
What do you mean?

I mean, how can Minecraft open minecraft.jar while its running (as minecraft would have to be running to use ComputerCraft), and write code into it?
samrg472 #42
Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:27 PM
What do you mean?

I mean, how can Minecraft open minecraft.jar while its running (as minecraft would have to be running to use ComputerCraft), and write code into it?

It doesn't modify the minecraft jar at all. It mods it using the Minecraft Forge API. I really can't answer this in a more dumber fashion. Hope that helps.
PixelToast #43
Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:39 PM
What do you mean?

due to his second comrade's confusion PixelToast majestically preformed a term known as a "facepalm"

it dosent convert lua code into java code, its more of a lua API and not a compiler
Sammich Lord #44
Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:26 AM
When can we expect more functions to be added? I see a lot of potential in this.
Tiin57 #45
Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:01 AM
-Snippy tiin-
due to his second comrade's confusion PixelToast majestically preformed a term known as a "facepalm"

it dosent convert lua code into java code, its more of a lua API and not a compiler
:P/>/>

When can we expect more functions to be added? I see a lot of potential in this.
I will add more as soon as I get back from training; samrg looks like he's making a lot of progress on this. Answer: Soon. Very soon.
PixelToast #46
Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:05 AM
loluberironmanorwhatever was talking about adding block properties on le irc
Tiin57 #47
Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:08 AM
loluberironmanorwhatever was talking about adding block properties on le irc
:P/>/> deathcrazyuberlironman is also known as samrg472.
Tiin57 #48
Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:59 AM
Updated to 1.4.4.
callos #49
Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:50 AM
This sounds great, I will follow you with great expectation. Keep up the great work you guys
samrg472 #50
Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:30 AM
Wiki has been recently updated to make creating blocks and mods much clearer.
For setting up a mod see: http://luaforge.tk/index.php/Basics_of_creating_a_mod
For creating a block see: http://luaforge.tk/index.php/Block.createBlock

Make sure you know how to setup a mod before you can create a mod though ^^

Questions? Post here or ask in the IRC ( #luaforge @ esper )
Tiin57 #51
Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:49 AM
Wiki has been recently updated to make creating blocks and mods much clearer.
For setting up a mod see: http://luaforge.tk/i..._creating_a_mod
For creating a block see: http://luaforge.tk/i...ock.createBlock

Make sure you know how to setup a mod before you can create a mod though ^^

Questions? Post here or ask in the IRC ( #luaforge @ esper )
This guy is da bomb. :P/>/>
samrg472 #52
Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:45 PM
I always post on here with some good news and additions! Just keep an eye on the thread for what I have to share on the latest updates :P/>/>

The wiki has been updated for the new functions that can add recipes!
The link can be found at: http://luaforge.tk/index.php/CraftingHandler
The block.createBlock() function now tells you how to create a textures sheet for your block.
Have fun everybody and thanks for reading ^^
samrg472 #53
Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:39 PM
Forums up at: http://forums.luaforge.tk
Direct IRC chat link: http://webchat.esper.net/?channels=#luaforge
Sammich Lord #54
Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:18 PM
Hey, in the CrafingHandler page it says that the rows of the crafting tables are strings. Can you show a example of how to add a recipe? Is the string like this: "id1, id2, id3"?
samrg472 #55
Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:02 PM
Hey, in the CrafingHandler page it says that the rows of the crafting tables are strings. Can you show a example of how to add a recipe? Is the string like this: "id1, id2, id3"?
Assuming by crafting tables are strings, I assume your trying to do a shaped recipe.
An example as follows:

craftingHandler.addShapedRecipe(3, 2, "a", "a", "a", "a", 3)
This is rather a silly example, but works.
The first parameter (3) is the output item/block ID. The ID 3 is for dirt.
The second parameter (2) is how much to output of the output item. In this case 2 pieces of dirt.
The next 3 parameters is the top, middle, and bottom row.
The "a" can be any letter you wish as long as its defined later on in the function.
The following recipes are valid with this example:
D X X | X D X | X X D
D X X | X D X | X X D
D X X | X D X | X X D
Where D is dirt and X is air.
The 6th parameter ("a") defines the letter "a" in the 3 crafting table recipe parameters. The following parameter after that is also the ID of what that letter will be. Which means "a" will contain 3, which is the block id for dirt.

Hope this helps
Sammich Lord #56
Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:09 PM
So I would do:

craftingHandler.addShapedRecipe(3, 2, "dad", "ada", "dad", "a", 1, "d", 2)
If I wanted to have a recipe like this:
dad
ada
dad
Is that the correct usage?
Tiin57 #57
Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:28 PM
There is an issue with Optifine. LuaForge currently overwrites the same RenderEngine. Samrg is working on this, but nothing will be released until at least tomorrow (EST).
Sammich Lord #58
Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:01 PM
There is an issue with Optifine. LuaForge currently overwrites the same RenderEngine. Samrg is working on this, but nothing will be released until at least tomorrow (EST).
Why does LuaForge need to overwrite the RenderEngine? I thought all it does is run the Lua code then if it calls any Java functions, it runs them?
Tiin57 #59
Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:16 PM
Why does LuaForge need to overwrite the RenderEngine? I thought all it does is run the Lua code then if it calls any Java functions, it runs them?
We had issues with texturing, so we overwrote RenderEngine. Samrg is working on a fix, though. It should be up shortly.
samrg472 #60
Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:10 AM
So I would do:

craftingHandler.addShapedRecipe(3, 2, "dad", "ada", "dad", "a", 1, "d", 2)
If I wanted to have a recipe like this:
dad
ada
dad
Is that the correct usage?
yep
TehSomeLuigi #61
Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:17 AM
Good to know. I'll be checking here later.

You might want to add a config though for blockIDs etc
Sammich Lord #62
Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

He will prob add config file support soon.
Sammich Lord #63
Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:52 AM
I just noticed if you have your mod files(main.lua, properties.lua, etc.) in a zip file, inside the luaforge-mods folder, it will not load them. Can you add support for them?
Tiin57 #64
Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Samrg, you ain't ninja'ing this. I'll implement the Forge configuration API soon. As for zip support, we'll work on that.
Sammich Lord #65
Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Samrg, you ain't ninja'ing this. I'll implement the Forge configuration API soon. As for zip support, we'll work on that.
Right now I just have to add a config file inside the mod folder. Then I use the IO lib to read from it.
samrg472 #66
Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'm not going to implement XYZ, Optifine is a high priority bug to fix. Also you can just use variables in lua code for a config :P/>/> Or do what human does and have some custom config parsing system.

Back on topic, I'm not going to rush features. There going to take time. I spend a good 4 hours a day on this at least. Every day. I'm always working on something for the project
Sammich Lord #67
Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

I'm not going to implement XYZ, Optifine is a high priority bug to fix. Also you can just use variables in lua code for a config :)/>/> Or do what human does and have some custom config parsing system.

Back on topic, I'm not going to rush features. There going to take time. I spend a good 4 hours a day on this at least. Every day. I'm always working on something for the project
Wow, you are dedicated to this.
Sammich Lord #68
Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:26 PM
Just wanted to share I simple mod I made with LuaForge. Here is the link to the LuaForge Forums post I made: http://forums.luaforge.tk/viewtopic.php?f=6&amp;t=7
jesusthekiller #69
Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:50 AM
Question:
If i set block type to material.tnt if it's powered it will explode?
Same with cactus, material.cactus will grow?

Suggestion:
block.makeExplosive(int id, int explosionSize, int delayToExplode)

:)/>/>
Sammich Lord #70
Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:15 AM
Question:
You can only know by trying.

Edit: I just tested and the answer is no. The tnt material only drops the block and requires no tool to break unlike the rock material.
Tiin57 #71
Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:02 AM
Wow, you are dedicated to this.
Indeed he is. He's made quite a few more commits than me, being more knowledgable of LuaJ and Java, and evidently not having six hours of homework every night. -.-
Curse you, A.P. US History!
samrg472 #72
Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:09 AM
Question:

Suggestion:
block.makeExplosive(int id, int explosionSize, int delayToExplode)

:)/>/>

Theres a suggestion section on the forums. http://forums.luaforge.tk/
It comes in handy :D/>/>
samrg472 #73
Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:17 PM
Optifine compatibility patch complete.
I tested with Forge build 372 and optifine ultimate D2. No issues on my end.
build 54 and greater will contain the fix :)/>/>

Happy modding
Tiin57 #74
Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:19 PM
Updated the original post to include the new info. Also, we will update to 1.4.5 when it is official. Even though Mojang is annoying for sending out so many updates a week apart. -.-
djblocksaway #75
Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:32 PM
hey i got a suggestion… you should make a place where people can post their mods and share them.. i think it would be cool for people that dont know what they are doing and just want to mess around with other peoples creations… or you can add a mod database ingame, so like an extra button on the main menu screen like SpoutCraft kinda.

just a little suggestion you might be interested in ^.^
Sammich Lord #76
Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:00 PM
hey i got a suggestion… you should make a place where people can post their mods and share them.. i think it would be cool for people that dont know what they are doing and just want to mess around with other peoples creations… or you can add a mod database ingame, so like an extra button on the main menu screen like SpoutCraft kinda.

There is a "Mods" section on the forums. I already have published one very early mod on there. I am going to remake it tomorrow.
djblocksaway #77
Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

There is a "Mods" section on the forums. I already have published one very early mod on there. I am going to remake it tomorrow.

ah ok i didnt see it, they should put a link in the OP to it but i think an ingame mod database would be nice ^.^
Tiin57 #78
Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:39 AM
Just wanted to say thanks a ton to Cloudy for helping resolve our RenderEngine overwrites and samrg for resolving CC conflicts and being a boss on this mod. :(/>/>
Major props to both of them!
samrg472 #79
Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:14 AM
@tiin57
You still need to put the links I asked you to put in the post a couple days into the post.

IRC:http://webchat.esper.net/?channels=#luaforge
Forums: http://forums.luaforge.tk
Tiin57 #80
Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:41 PM
Derp. Done that, sorry.
SirBlockles #81
Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:12 PM
I'm assuming that the 1.4.5 update is coming out soon, no?

EDIT: Or is Build #60 1.4.5 ready?
Sammich Lord #82
Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:49 PM
I'm assuming that the 1.4.5 update is coming out soon, no?

EDIT: Or is Build #60 1.4.5 ready?
The obfuscation did not change(from what I heard) so it should work. I am not sure though.
Tiin57 #83
Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM
It will work for 1.4.5.
Geforce Fan #84
Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:26 AM
-.- I did in fact come up with the idea of implementing Forge in Lua. In IRC, I was talking about LuaCraft, which is 1) completely different and 2) discontinued.
Make it so you can make them withthin ComputerCraft
Get out. I might not do that because you asked so rudely. I am not your slave to be ordered around.
To all the rest; thanks a ton!
I will be on a hiatus for a bit. Samrg742 will update the wiki with progress.
Sorry, was trying to kindly suggest something. Not meant to be mean :(/>/>
Tiin57 #85
Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:52 AM
- - -
Sorry, was trying to kindly suggest something. Not meant to be mean :(/>/>
Ok. Nonetheless, I don't think this is possible. You can't load mods while the game is running. However, you can already program a LuaForge mod in CC and put it into the /mods.

In other news, I will be working on zip support this weekend.
DarkenedEvil #86
Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:34 PM
Hi am am using the lastest forge and latest luaforge releases and when i try to use client.preloadTextures it gives me an error:(

[ForgeModLoader] Fatal errors were detected during the transition from INITIALIZATION to POSTINITIALIZATION. Loading cannot continue
2012-11-21 22:29:00 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader]
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
LuaForgeCore [LuaForgeCore] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
LuaForge [LuaForge] (LuaForge.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
Tiin57 #87
Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:29 PM
Please post the full log.
Matt21 #88
Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:01 AM
Nice!
Tiin57 #89
Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:15 AM
Nice!
Thanks! ;)/>/>
DarkenedEvil #90
Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:30 PM
Here is the full crash report.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry ;)/>/>/>/>
Time: 11/22/12 8:26 PM
Description: Failed to start game
java.lang.NullPointerException
at luaforge.core.proxies.ClientProxy.registerRenderers(ClientProxy.java:56)
at luaforge.core.Core.load(Core.java:82)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:440)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:651)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:197)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:469)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:756)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.5
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_02, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 941188144 bytes (897 MB) / 1027997696 bytes (980 MB) up to 2237005824 bytes (2133 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx2400m -Xms1023m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.23 FML v4.5.2.459 Minecraft Forge 6.4.0.395 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
LuaForgeCore [LuaForgeCore] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
LuaForge [LuaForge] (LuaForge.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6670 GL version 4.2.11318 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Tiin57 #91
Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:57 PM
Could you upload all the mod files?
DarkenedEvil #92
Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:25 PM
Man.lua
name = "<BetterCrafting>"
crushobby = "/crushedobby.png"
mand = "/items.png"
log.info(name.."Loading mod...")
log.info(name.."Loading blocks and items...")
client.preloadTexture(crushobby)
client.preloadTexture(mand)
block.createBlock(503, 0, material.rock, crushobby, "Crushed Obby", "Crushed Obsidian")
block.setCreativeTab("Crushed Obsidian", creativeTabs.block)
block.setHardness("Crushed Obsidian", 25)
item.createItem(501, 8-4, 64, mand, "Man made Diamond", "Man made Diamond")
item.setCreativeTab("Man made Diamond", creativeTabs.materials)
log.info(name.."Adding recipes...")
craftingHandler.addShapedRecipe(503, 1, "ooo", "ooo", "ooo", "o", 49)
craftingHandler.addShapedRecipe(7, 1, "ccc", "ccc", "ccc", "c", 503)
craftingHandler.addShapedRecipe(7 , 1, "ddd", "d d", "ddd", "d", 264)
log.info(name.."Recipes loaded!")
log.info(name.."Loading complete!")
properties.lua
startup = "STARTUP"
author = "DarkenedEvil"
version = "1"

Dont mind the diamond
rickydaan #93
Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:28 AM
Can someone help me? I can't get this to work…

client.preloadTexture("textures/1001.png")
client.preloadTexture("textures/1002.png")
client.preloadTexture("textures/1003.png")

EDIT

client.preloadTexture("/1001.png")
when the .png is inside the ExtraBlocks file it wont load either

EDIT EDIT:

NVM. Recommended version #58 works.
Now it has got a gray texture…

blocksCreation1001 = block.createBlock(1001, 0, material.rock, "/1001.png", "Stone tiles", "Stone tiles")

That is right, right?
Edited on 24 November 2012 - 11:41 PM
Cloudy #94
Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:57 AM
There is an issue with preload texture - my oversight. I have added an untested pull request to the project which should fix it. Fingers crossed!
acoollegodude #95
Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:35 AM
When I installed LuaForge, it didn't make the luaforge-mods folder automaticaly, but I haven't tested a mod yet so I don't know if I installed it wrong or what?
samrg472 #96
Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:39 AM
When I installed LuaForge, it didn't make the luaforge-mods folder automaticaly, but I haven't tested a mod yet so I don't know if I installed it wrong or what?

When you show the list of mods, does LuaForge show up in the mods list?
Tiin57 #97
Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:53 AM
You installed it by putting the .jar in /coremods/, right?
acoollegodude #98
Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:39 PM
Yes I did but now I have tested it and positive it is not working as mods are not being loaded
Oh and yes samrg I do see it in the mods list
Edited on 25 November 2012 - 03:41 PM
samrg472 #99
Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:50 PM
Yes I did but now I have tested it and positive it is not working as mods are not being loaded Oh and yes samrg I do see it in the mods list

Which build are you on? Download build #72 and try that.
Zoinky #100
Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:24 PM
Looks great. But, I don't quite understand how to make the blocks do things (Eg. Something happens when the block is broken). I'm guessing it's not possible yet. Will it be added? Anyway, awesome mod :D/>.
cmurtheepic #101
Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:44 PM
seriously you guys are awsome. i've been waiting for something like this for my ENTIRE!!! life.
you guys need to talk to CPW and the other guys who are working on minecraft forge and talk about makeing this apart of minecraft forge
cmurtheepic #102
Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:55 PM
you guys definitely need to add the ability to create your own form of power
the ability for it to break other blocks
npc capability
does something if it receives redstone current
GUI capability
*note extremely easy to do GUI
and like form randomizing capability
and you guys need to make this API apart of forge itself so we can post our mods and people can use them without having to install luaforge on the side :0
Sammich Lord #103
Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:39 PM
you guys definitely need to add the ability to create your own form of power the ability for it to break other blocks npc capability does something if it receives redstone current GUI capability *note extremely easy to do GUI and like form randomizing capability and you guys need to make this API apart of forge itself so we can post our mods and people can use them without having to install luaforge on the side :0
There is a suggestions section at forums.luaforge.tk.
cmurtheepic #104
Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:03 PM
ok i have made a block in the lua forge thing and i can't get it to load a texture even though i have clearly speacified a texture path/directory here in my coding
:
this is the Main.lua

log.info("please stand by while forge is loading [collins test mod]")
log.info("Loading Items!!!")
path1 = "/glowstonedust.png"
client.preloadTexture(path1)
item.createItem(1041, 0, 16, path1, "light Dust", "dust")
log.info("dust")
craftingHandler.addSmeltingRecipe(89, 1041)
item.setCreativeTab("dust", creativeTabs.misc)
log.info("loading Blocks!!!")
path2 = "/diamondblock.png"
client.preloadTexture(path2)
block.createBlock(1042, 0, material.sponge, path2, "MassTurdbricator", "newU")
log.info("newU")
craftingHandler.addSmeltingRecipe(1041,9, 1042)
block.setCreativeTab("newU", creativeTabs.block)
block.setLightLevel("newU", 0.5)
block.setHardness("newU", 0.5)
block.setSound("newU", stepSound.sand)
log.info("*ATTENTION* DONE LOADING COLLINS TEST MOD!!!")

this is preloadTexture.lua

client.preloadTexture("/diamondblock.png")
client.preloadTexture("/Lightstonedust.PNG")
client.preloadTexture("/glowstonedust.png")

and this is properties.lua

startup = "STARTUP"
author = "cmurtheepic", "collin145"
version = "0.0.0.1"
client.preloadTexture("/diamondblock.png")
client.preloadTexture("/Lightstonedust.PNG")
client.preloadTexture("/glowstonedust.png")
help i want it to display a texture and i can't get it to
Sammich Lord #105
Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:11 PM
ok i have made a block in the lua forge thing and i can't get it to load a texture even though i have clearly speacified a texture path/directory here in my coding : this is the Main.lua
 log.info("please stand by while forge is loading [collins test mod]") log.info("Loading Items!!!") path1 = "/glowstonedust.png" client.preloadTexture(path1) item.createItem(1041, 0, 16, path1, "light Dust", "dust") log.info("dust") craftingHandler.addSmeltingRecipe(89, 1041) item.setCreativeTab("dust", creativeTabs.misc) log.info("loading Blocks!!!") path2 = "/diamondblock.png" client.preloadTexture(path2) block.createBlock(1042, 0, material.sponge, path2, "MassTurdbricator", "newU") log.info("newU") craftingHandler.addSmeltingRecipe(1041,9, 1042) block.setCreativeTab("newU", creativeTabs.block) block.setLightLevel("newU", 0.5) block.setHardness("newU", 0.5) block.setSound("newU", stepSound.sand) log.info("*ATTENTION* DONE LOADING COLLINS TEST MOD!!!") 
 client.preloadTexture("/diamondblock.png") client.preloadTexture("/Lightstonedust.PNG") client.preloadTexture("/glowstonedust.png") 
 startup = "STARTUP" author = "cmurtheepic", "collin145" version = "0.0.0.1" client.preloadTexture("/diamondblock.png") client.preloadTexture("/Lightstonedust.PNG") client.preloadTexture("/glowstonedust.png") 
Use the forums to ask for help. http://forums.luaforge.tk
Tiin57 #106
Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:44 AM
ok i have made a block in the lua forge thing and i can't get it to load a texture even though i have clearly speacified a texture path/directory here in my coding : this is the Main.lua
 log.info("please stand by while forge is loading [collins test mod]") log.info("Loading Items!!!") path1 = "/glowstonedust.png" client.preloadTexture(path1) item.createItem(1041, 0, 16, path1, "light Dust", "dust") log.info("dust") craftingHandler.addSmeltingRecipe(89, 1041) item.setCreativeTab("dust", creativeTabs.misc) log.info("loading Blocks!!!") path2 = "/diamondblock.png" client.preloadTexture(path2) block.createBlock(1042, 0, material.sponge, path2, "MassTurdbricator", "newU") log.info("newU") craftingHandler.addSmeltingRecipe(1041,9, 1042) block.setCreativeTab("newU", creativeTabs.block) block.setLightLevel("newU", 0.5) block.setHardness("newU", 0.5) block.setSound("newU", stepSound.sand) log.info("*ATTENTION* DONE LOADING COLLINS TEST MOD!!!") 
 client.preloadTexture("/diamondblock.png") client.preloadTexture("/Lightstonedust.PNG") client.preloadTexture("/glowstonedust.png") 
 startup = "STARTUP" author = "cmurtheepic", "collin145" version = "0.0.0.1" client.preloadTexture("/diamondblock.png") client.preloadTexture("/Lightstonedust.PNG") client.preloadTexture("/glowstonedust.png") 
You are helpful and supportive, and I appreciate it. Just saying. :D/>
Sammich Lord #107
Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:49 AM
Spoiler
You are helpful and supportive, and I appreciate it. Just saying. :D/>/>
I try to do as much as I can for the community. I really love this mod and I want it to grow.
Tiin57 #108
Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:56 AM
Spoiler
You are helpful and supportive, and I appreciate it. Just saying. :D/>/>/>/>
I try to do as much as I can for the community. I really love this mod and I want it to grow.
Which is quite awesome. It really is great to have such support from the community.
you guys need to talk to CPW and the other guys who are working on minecraft forge and talk about makeing this apart of minecraft forge
I tried talking to LexManos a month ago and he basically told me he didn't care. I'll try again soon.
samrg472 #109
Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Minecraft Forge is an API for Minecraft itself which is in Java of course. LuaForge is guaranteed to not be apart of a Java API. Support from the Minecraft Forge is definitely a possibility. But again, LuaForge and Minecraft Forge shouldn't mix, the 2 mods will stay separated.
samrg472 #110
Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:27 AM
Looks great. But, I don't quite understand how to make the blocks do things (Eg. Something happens when the block is broken). I'm guessing it's not possible yet. Will it be added? Anyway, awesome mod :D/>.

Visit the forums, theres a section if you need help with coding. Same goes for all of you. Posts in this thread can be ignored or not seen at all.

EDIT: Theres also an IRC wihich the wiki links to for a webchat, same for the forums
Tiin57 #111
Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:33 AM
Visit the forums, theres a section if you need help with coding. Same goes for all of you. Posts in this thread can be ignored or not seen at all.
I tend to hang out here more than anywhere, though. :P/>
cmurtheepic #112
Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:37 AM
the reason it should be apart of mincraft forge is so that people who use forge could download the mods that people create with luaforge and just install it as simple as that and not have to download luaforge Too!

or minecraft forge should at least have some support for the luaforge mods. for instance think of luaforge as the syntax library of eclipse (java script shell/console) and minecraft forge as the mod loader for the javascript (lua forge) mods

but seriously you should definately keep trying :)/>

or even try direwolf20
he is friends with ALOT!! of the modmakers themselves.
he could probably hook you guys up with CPW
he even uses lua/computercraft himself
Tiin57 #113
Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:44 AM
the reason it should be apart of mincraft forge is so that people who use forge could download the mods that people create with luaforge and just install it as simple as that and not have to download luaforge Too!

or minecraft forge should at least have some support for the luaforge mods. for instance think of luaforge as the syntax library of eclipse (java script shell/console) and minecraft forge as the mod loader for the javascript (lua forge) mods

but seriously you should definately keep trying :)/>

or even try direwolf20
he is friends with ALOT!! of the modmakers themselves.
he could probably hook you guys up with CPW
he even uses lua/computercraft himself
Sorry, grammar nazi here.
The reason that LuaForge should be a part of Minecraft Forge is so that people who use Forge could install LuaForge mods without having to download LuaForge seperately.
Forge should at least have some support for LuaForge, perhaps like LuaForge being the library and Forge being the mod loader.
You really should keep trying to integrate it, though. Actually, you could try to contact direwolf20, he's friends with a lot of the mod makers and could possibly hook you up with cpw.
I agree with the above. However,
1. I won't try to get direwolf20 to contact cpw or LexManos. If there is integration, samrg or I need to have direct contact with Lex or cpw. No middle-men.
2. I am trying to get on IRC when cpw is on, so I can talk to him instead of Lex.
3. Forge is a library; LuaForge is an extension of that.
Tiin57 #114
Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:43 PM
Samrg is working on tile entities! When that's done, I will implement a temporary peripheral API. (It'll soon be replaced by something more advanced.)
Tiin57 #115
Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:49 PM
We now have an IP Board forum here!
Sammich Lord #116
Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:37 PM
What is your goal for that forum? Also, how much do you pay a month?
Tiin57 #117
Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:15 PM
It will become the main forum for LuaForge. I pay $10 a month for it, plus the $175 IP Board software.
samrg472 #118
Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Don't ask, if he can afford it, then it's fine.
I didn't find anything wrong with luaforge.tk or the current forums
*sighs* I hate transferring, its a pain
Tiin57 #119
Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Don't ask, if he can afford it, then it's fine.
I didn't find anything wrong with luaforge.tk or the current forums
*sighs* I hate transferring, its a pain
Sorry. We have spent about four hours on it though, and I still can't connect. :P/>
rickydaan #120
Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:38 AM
Your domain has expanded and OMFG Peripheral and Entities OMFG Man u are AWESOME dude.
There is one small thing: Build 58 (A recommended one) is incompatible with Computercraft… eh?
Tiin57 #121
Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:28 AM
Right, we're working with the domain host to fix that. Until then, the forums and wiki are down.
DON'T USE ANY BUILDS OLDER THAN #78. :P/>
dus998 #122
Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:19 PM
the website is down it says the domain name is expired or something
Tiin57 #123
Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:56 PM
the website is down it says the domain name is expired or something
Right. See the post RIGHT above yours:

Right, we're working with the domain host to fix that. Until then, the forums and wiki are down.
DON'T USE ANY BUILDS OLDER THAN #78. :P/>
Tiin57 #124
Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:55 PM
Forums are back up at http://tiin57.com/forums !
Wiki is back at http://tiin57.com/luaforge !
Excellent job by samrg ironing out some bugs.
DarkenedEvil #125
Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:16 PM
The wiki isnt working for me :(/>
Tiin57 #126
Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:31 PM
The wiki isnt working for me :(/>
Works for me; try waiting or clearing your DNS cache, as we just changed it today.
DarkenedEvil #127
Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:13 PM
I tried to clear my dns but i dont think its from the domain because its giving me a large error

Spoiler<br>bar(), etc etc) which throw parse errors in # PHP 4. Setup.php and ObjectCache.php have structures invalid in PHP 5.0 and # 5.1, respectively. if ( !function_exists( 'version_compare' ) || version_compare( phpversion(), '5.3.2' ) &amp;lt; 0 ) { // We need to use dirname( __FILE__ ) here cause __DIR__ is PHP5.3+ require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/includes/PHPVersionError.php' ); wfPHPVersionError( 'index.php' ); } # Initialise common code. This gives us access to GlobalFunctions, the # AutoLoader, and the globals $wgRequest, $wgOut, $wgUser, $wgLang and # $wgContLang, amongst others; it does *not* load $wgTitle if ( isset( $_SERVER['MW_COMPILED'] ) ) { require ( 'phase3/includes/WebStart.php' ); } else { require ( __DIR__ . '/includes/WebStart.php' ); } $mediaWiki = new MediaWiki(); $mediaWiki-&amp;gt;run();<br>
TheOddByte #128
Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:01 AM
On mine to!
^_^/>
samrg472 #129
Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:09 PM
Links on github and the wiki have been updated to point to the proper location.
rickydaan #130
Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:46 AM
What will be the average date of the entities system. Also, please add more functions to items, so you can select what it does (item.setMiningSpeed( <SPEED>, <ITEMVAR> ), item.setDamage( <DMG>, <ITEMVAR> ), item.setDurability( <Dur>, <Itemvar>)
On this way you can make new pickaxes. or make new swords, or even multitools!

Rickydaan
Tiin57 #131
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:52 AM
Average date? You mean expected date?
rickydaan #132
Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:40 AM
Yeah
Tiin57 #133
Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:48 AM
We quite honestly have no clue, sorry.
DarkenedEvil #134
Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:30 PM
If i wanted to put this on a server would i just put luaforge.jar into the coremods on the server? then have my mod on the server and client too?
Tiin57 #135
Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:14 PM
If i wanted to put this on a server would i just put luaforge.jar into the coremods on the server? then have my mod on the server and client too?
Hmm. That is possible; however, we offer no support for that, as syncing of mods from client to server isn't quite finished.
rickydaan #136
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:36 PM
Any more progress?
Tiin57 #137
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:57 PM
Yep; just keep checking Github.
samrg472 #138
Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:26 AM
Big update coming soon :)/>
It's a surprise and the reason why you haven't seen many pushes to github lately
Heracles421 #139
Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:05 PM
Just discovered this and it has a LOT of potential, for both users and developers. I am looking forward for the MC 1.4.6 compatible version, can't wait

All I can say is: AWESOME
Tiin57 #140
Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:16 PM
Just discovered this and it has a LOT of potential, for both users and developers. I am looking forward for the MC 1.4.6 compatible version, can't wait

The latest build is compatible with MC 1.4.6.
samrg472 #141
Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:28 PM
Just promoted the build that 1.4.6. Now nobody feels like they can be left out if you like to stay on recommended builds :)/>
Heracles421 #142
Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Yea, but I was talking about stable builds, but I could also use the dev ones…
samrg472 #143
Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Yea, but I was talking about stable builds, but I could also use the dev ones…

It is stable. If there's any problems report it on the forums or talk to me personally on IRC
@tiin you should change the topic to say 1.4.6 :)/>
samrg472 #144
Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:00 PM
The big update has arrived!

- A completely different startup system. No more startup variables! Instead you have functions that get called at various loading points of minecraft (e.g. before minecraft, preload, load, postload) etc…

- Mods show up in the mods list (Every aspect of it is controllable in the properties file)

- Networking support! So you can decide whether client side is required or not (same with server side required) (currently experimental, still being tested)

- Also the start of an events system that you can catch and act upon via functions

The wiki will be updated once our host is finished performing maintenance on their servers. Same with the forums.
But the Jenkins is still up and just ask in IRC if you need help! (since this system is entirely new)
Heracles421 #145
Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:06 PM
The big update has arrived!

- A completely different startup system. No more startup variables! Instead you have functions that get called at various loading points of minecraft (e.g. before minecraft, preload, load, postload) etc…

- Mods show up in the mods list (Every aspect of it is controllable in the properties file)

- Networking support! So you can decide whether client side is required or not (same with server side required) (currently experimental, still being tested)

- Also the start of an events system that you can catch and act upon via functions

The wiki will be updated once our host is finished performing maintenance on their servers. Same with the forums.
But the Jenkins is still up and just ask in IRC if you need help! (since this system is entirely new)
Thanks!
Meni #146
Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Sorry,but is not working.
Tiin57 #147
Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:53 AM
Ah, poo. Forgot to update that. Thanks!
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #148
Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:02 PM
Okay. That's… crazy.
darkrising #149
Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:04 AM
I really love this, very nice work!
Tiin57 #150
Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:07 PM
I really love this, very nice work!
Okay. That's… crazy.
Thanks!
On another note, our forums/website have changed to http://tiin57.net/luaforge/forums
Mailmanq! #151
Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:47 AM
Lol you should make it so you can make them withthin ComputerCraft, then test them without exiting minecraft…
I have already… sort of no not exiting minecraft :)/> all that has to be done is change one line of code. Line 36 of LuaForge/src/minecraft/luaforge/core/core.java to

public static final String dirName = "saves/world/computer/0";
Tiin57 #152
Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:04 AM
That little hack only allows you to edit lua scripts from ingame, and it might break things. I would not advise doing that, especially on a server, where people could create malicious mods loaded on restart.
Mtdj2 #153
Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:58 PM
Uhm, tiin57's webpages about luaforge are kinda down… or wrongly typed into the post. A fix would be helpful!
Tiin57 #154
Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:53 AM
Yes, tiin57.net is down. I'm working on it.
Edit: Knowledgeable Java coders might want to help out; I'm swamped with AP classes and samrg seems to have stopped work, so we are now relying on pull requests until I can handle all these HomeworkNotFound exceptions. :P/>
Zambonie #155
Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:28 PM
One q.How do you install it?
Zambonie #156
Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:48 PM
Nv.HOw do you use it?
Shnupbups #157
Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:16 PM
o.O Must get! O.o
darkevilmac #158
Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:53 PM
Hey I noticed that there hasn't been changes in code for a while so was wondering if this project is still active thanks and hope you get this working well!
Mikeemoo #159
Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:59 PM
No need to whisper. Back straight, shoulders up, put your belly into it!
1vannn #160
Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:30 PM
Well. If Minecraft was written in C ++ Mac's would have a bit if of a problem. :(/>
Dlcruz129 #161
Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:32 PM
Well. If Minecraft was written in C ++ Mac's would have a bit if of a problem. :(/>/>

Minecraft was written in Java.
Tiin57 #162
Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:05 PM
Well. If Minecraft was written in C ++ Mac's would have a bit if of a problem. :(/>/>

Minecraft was written in Java.
He knows; he said if. Why he even mentioned it, I don't know. It's like saying "If Minecraft was made in Python…"; it isn't, and probably never will be.
darkrising #163
Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:09 PM
Hi, just wondering if you have an ETA on your forum / website (not to be pushy or anything :)/>)
GilDev #164
Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:55 AM
Are you still working on this? It's really awesome, so sad there's no update since 3 months on the GitHub… =(
LuaEclipser #165
Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:42 AM
when people are installing the mod, do they need to install this to?

and aslo, i prefer java anyway. because you can OBUFSTICATE </Spell check?>
thats the only reason.

its a great idea!
Tiin57 #166
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:33 PM
Are you still working on this? It's really awesome, so sad there's no update since 3 months on the GitHub… =(
We're waiting until 1.5.
LuaEclipser;
/coremods
*obfuscates
Why does obfuscation make things better for a mod maker? Do you mean compilation?
Thank you.
Shazz #167
Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:13 AM
We also have an irc channel on irc.esper.net @ #luaforge, here.

Directs you to webhat.esper.net/?channels=#luaforge instead of webchat.esper.net/?channels=#luaforge
LuaEclipser #168
Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:54 PM
how do you use it? i dont understand how i can implement it, TUTORIAL VIDEO PLZZ!
LuaEclipser #169
Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:53 PM
We're waiting until 1.5.
LuaEclipser;
/coremods
*obfuscates
Why does obfuscation make things better for a mod maker? Do you mean compilation?
Thank you.

so ppl cant steal my mod-_-
theoriginalbit #170
Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:58 PM
so ppl cant steal my mod-_-
Obfuscation is only hiding it the variable and method names that you have specified…. Personally I can still read and understand obfuscated code perfectly fine…
SuicidalSTDz #171
Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:01 PM
Personally I can still read and understand obfuscated code perfectly fine…
Show-off :P/>
theoriginalbit #172
Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:09 PM
Show-off
Its really not hard, instead of the code being like this

local times = 5
local result = nil

local function calculate( one, two )
  return tonumber(one) + tonumber(two)
end

for i = 1, times do
  result = result + (calculate(read(), read()))
end

print(result)

It woudld be like this

local _a = 5
local _b = nil

local function func_a( p1, p2 )
  return tonumber(p1) + tonumber(p2)
end

for i = 1, _a do
  _b = _b + func_a(read(), read())
end

print(_B)/>/>/>
Now to me that is still very easy to understand, its just different variable and function names

Now that was an extreme example, because normally in the sense of minecraft mods, the only things that get obfuscated are the calls that get made to Forge or Minecraft classes, everything that are calls to your own classes are preserved with their own identifiers, the only reason that the Forge and MC calls are changed is because they have different identifiers in the running env over the development env.
SuicidalSTDz #173
Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:12 PM
Show-off
Its really not hard, instead of the code being like this

local times = 5
local result = nil

local function calculate( one, two )
  return tonumber(one) + tonumber(two)
end

for i = 1, times do
  result = result + (calculate(read(), read()))
end

print(result)

It woudld be like this

local _a = 5
local _b = nil

local function func_a( p1, p2 )
  return tonumber(p1) + tonumber(p2)
end

for i = 1, _a do
  _b = _b + func_a(read(), read())
end

print(_B)/>/>/>
Now to me that is still very easy to understand, its just different variable and function names
Meh, in short code with less variables and functions it is easier.
theoriginalbit #174
Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:13 PM
Meh, in short code with less variables and functions it is easier.
Thats what the 'find' function is for and programs such as JD-GUI that can detect classes and methods and gives you a link to click and takes you to the method/class thats related to it………..
SuicidalSTDz #175
Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:15 PM
Blah! You just have an answer for everything!
theoriginalbit #176
Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:15 PM
Not everything. I cannot tell you what the weather is like where you are :P/>
SuicidalSTDz #177
Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:17 PM
Not everything. I cannot tell you what the weather is like where you are :P/>
Obtain my IP address somehow then find where I live. The rest is quite simple *cough* weather channel *cough*
theoriginalbit #178
Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:27 PM
Obtain my IP address somehow then find where I live. The rest is quite simple *cough* weather channel *cough*
I could do that, but I'm lazy.
Entropy #179
Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:31 AM
Wow, this looks amazing. I want to try it. I prefer Lua over Java, Lua seems easier to understand and read :/.
Engineer #180
Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:46 PM
Wow, this looks amazing. I want to try it. I prefer Lua over Java, Lua seems easier to understand and read :/.
I like LUA for it readability, but for 'real programs' Java is better. Almost everybody has the client ? Already and LUA is.. not of this time. Im glad the devs of CC chose this language, te basics are not too hard and you can make awesome programs!
Tiin57 #181
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:43 AM
I'm updating this for 1.5 now.
superaxander #182
Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:59 AM
Cool
Zoinky #183
Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:40 PM
Erm… Wiki, forums and 1.5 links are all broken.
Spongy141 #184
Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:03 AM
How much longer until this updates
nutcase84 #185
Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:41 PM
Sounds cool, but needs to be 1.5.2.
alakazard12 #186
Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:03 PM
Can't wait till you get the LuaForge API done. I wanna make a peripheral. :P/>
SirBlockles #187
Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:05 PM
Thanks for this. This inspired me to make minecraft mods, and I'm now learning Java to create my own. In fact, ComputerCraft has inspired me to start any programming at all. Again, thanks for this.
impatientplague #188
Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:29 AM
is this project dead? all links seem to be broken.
Spongy141 #189
Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:18 PM
is this project dead? all links seem to be broken.
No tinn is doing a rewrite of it, so I'm guessing it's not going to be anytime soon that it will be finished.
Alice #190
Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:59 AM
I cannot wait for this to be finished. I hate coding in Java, and I have been good with Lua for about five years now, so now I can finally do some progress on a mod I've been planning for well over a month.
ETHANATOR360 #191
Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:41 PM
this topic has been dead for a month please check the dates
Spongy141 #192
Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:44 PM
this topic has been dead for a month please check the dates
Then why would the title change if it were dead? Tiin is still working on it. So it's not dead.
Tiin57 #193
Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:06 PM
No, this topic is definitely not dead. Expect a release this week! :D/>
Tiin57 #194
Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:13 AM
At long last, this works!
Check the main post for Luaforge pre1!
Engineer #195
Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:24 AM
At long last, this works!
Check the main post for Luaforge pre1!
Is there some sort of documentation where we can see how the classes, or functions, are being used and more importantly, how we should make a mod,
I mean, I dont know where to start
Tiin57 #196
Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:32 AM
There will be in a bit. Sorry about this delay with uploading and setting up the wiki. My website is trying to kill itself.
Mads #197
Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:23 AM
I'M STUCK IN AN INFINTE LOOP
Tiin57 #198
Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:24 AM
That's kewl.

Anyways, PRE1 IS RELEASED! :D/>
Mads #199
Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:52 PM
That's kewl.

Anyways, PRE1 IS RELEASED! :D/>

You don't give any information. You Github README redirects to this post, which redirects to the Github page.

EDIT: I see you updated your post, so here's a suggestion: use class forwarding instead of a C-like interface.
MKlegoman357 #200
Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:47 PM
My Minecraft crashes when trying to open it. Should LuaForge be in /coremods? Maybe my forge is too old?

Minecraft 1.5.2
MCP: 7.51
FML: 5.2.2.684
Minecraft Forge: 7.8.0.684

EDIT: My fault :wacko:/>, Its for Minecraft 1.6. [giantfacepalm]
Tiin57 #201
Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:05 AM
Luaforge Jenkins is up. Please read the disclaimer before using anything from it.
TheOddByte #202
Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:52 PM
So this doesn't work for older versions of MC? :(/>
Since I have created a modpack for myself in MC 1.4.7 and don't want to update the game since I have installed 101 mods..

But I guess I'll have to put all of them in a zip file and update the game.. Since I really want this..
MKlegoman357 #203
Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:28 AM
This really works! Maybe you could rename luaforge API to forge API for better programing experience?

EDIT: Your GitHub is not working.
Raxe88 #204
Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:02 AM
Nice! Good to see work on LuaForge again! I will definetly look after this in the future :)/>
Tiin57 #205
Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:50 AM
This really works! Maybe you could rename luaforge API to forge API for better programing experience?

Don't know what you mean, and fixed, thanks.

So this doesn't work for older versions of MC? :(/>
Since I have created a modpack for myself in MC 1.4.7 and don't want to update the game since I have installed 101 mods..

But I guess I'll have to put all of them in a zip file and update the game.. Since I really want this..
Nope, sorry. There are old releases of Luaforge for 1.4.7, but I don't think there's any documentation anywhere and I don't plan on writing any.

Nice! Good to see work on LuaForge again! I will definetly look after this in the future :)/>
Thanks!
MKlegoman357 #206
Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Don't know what you mean, and fixed, thanks.

I mean when you are writing the actual mod:

block = luaforge.block.new(2019, luaforge.materials.rock)

change to this:

block = forge.block.new(2019, forge.materials.rock)
Tiin57 #207
Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:00 PM
No, because Forge does not implement that and I don't want to confuse anyone.
Tiin57 #208
Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:31 AM
I have, after hours of sweat and blood and tears, fixed the networking crash(es)!
Luaforge will now work on servers! :D/>
Unfortunately, I didn't change the API at all; you'll have to wait till pre3 for that.
JustPingo #209
Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:49 PM
I'm glad to see it back !
So, for now there's only two functions ?

Congratulation for the server part. It looks amazing !
Tiin57 #210
Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:51 PM
At the moment, yes, although the code found in https://github.com/tiin57/LuaForge/issues/14 shows an excellent method of Lua modding; that is, utilizing the luajava library to access more methods. I do support use of the luajava library, and crashes or bugs found while modding with it can be dealt with in the same manner as bugs with the luaforge library; post them on https://github.com/tiin57/luaforge/issues .
Tiin57 #211
Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:12 AM
By the way, the luamods folder is created in your Minecraft directory once you run the game with Luaforge installed. You can also create it yourself.
After that, just make a folder (doesn't matter what it's called) and put main.lua and luamod.info inside that folder.
Tiin57 #212
Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:58 AM
Soon (VERY VERY soon), I'm going to add Python support and rename the entire thing to Scriptforge.