This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
KaoS's profile picture

[off topic] MC purchase

Started by KaoS, 30 October 2012 - 08:54 AM
KaoS #1
Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:54 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me here. I know it is not CC related but since everyone here plays MC I was hoping it would be tolerated.

I have been trying to purchase MC for quite some time now but can't seem to get it right… no matter what the purchase transaction fails. I have tried a debit card and a credit card and done everything right but it will not work… I'm in South Africa, don't know if that matters. please post helpful advice if you can
Doyle3694 #2
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:17 AM
Atleast for me, I made a so called virtual card, which the bank lays no security in. A virtual card is a card that hold like 20 euro or something and you can pay with it without your bank saying its too unsecure source that wants your money
djblocksaway #3
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:19 AM
Nothing to see here, totaly not edited away by Cruor.

[13:39:27] <EpicCoderz> Cruor: You can do it :P/>/>

This was a totaly legal troll edit! yaaaay :P/>/>
KaoS #4
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:26 AM
–REMOVED BY KaoS (seems moderators disagreed)–

that would be great. but would I be able to pick the username etc? I would be happy to pay you double whatever it's worth, over fighting with this
Cloudy #5
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:54 AM
Don't peddle your stolen accounts here.

Contact Mojang support with your issues.
KaoS #6
Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:07 AM
Mojang just says it is the credit provider and they can do nothing… I think I may have found a way to get my card to work though. will see what I can do.
basdxz #7
Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:45 AM
I had the same problem, the way I solved it was I just bought a gift code from another website, hope this helps!
KaoS #8
Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:48 AM
can you send me a URL? that would be perfect
D3matt #9
Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:48 PM
I had the same problem, the way I solved it was I just bought a gift code from another website, hope this helps!
That's never a good idea.
KaoS #10
Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:11 PM
why not?
djblocksaway #11
Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:33 PM
why not?
you might get scammed… then all your money might get stolen… etc
Cranium #12
Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:36 PM
why not?
Cause Mojang can never guarantee the authenticity of the gift codes sold through third party sites. You always want to buy something direct from the party selling it, unless they have verified the third party to sell their goods. Mojang has not done that except with gift cards in US stores.
ChaddJackson12 #13
Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:27 PM
Ok, I don't know if it has been worked out, but I had a problem before too! It wasn't working and wasn't paying for Minecraft. What you should try is calling your credit card company and making sure that they do not have a "Foreign Country" block on it. Because Minecraft is sold outside of your country, if you have that kind of a block on it, you can't buy Minecraft. Be aware however, removing a foreign country block (If that was your problem), has its downs, just take note of that.
KaoS #14
Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:19 AM
Ok, I don't know if it has been worked out, but I had a problem before too! It wasn't working and wasn't paying for Minecraft. What you should try is calling your credit card company and making sure that they do not have a "Foreign Country" block on it. Because Minecraft is sold outside of your country, if you have that kind of a block on it, you can't buy Minecraft. Be aware however, removing a foreign country block (If that was your problem), has its downs, just take note of that.

now that is useful advice. with all these ideas I should be able to get it working. thanks for the help guys, I hope to be playing online with you soon :P/>/>