This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Grim Reaper's profile picture

Simple Clickable Desktop Interface

Started by Grim Reaper, 02 November 2012 - 02:22 PM
Grim Reaper #1
Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:22 PM
This program is a simple shell interface that lays over the standard CraftOS Dos shell. It provides a clickable interface for
navigating directories and running programs.

Things still to come:
- Possibly a deletion key that will be pressed, then the user can delete the next file that is clicked.

Instructions:
- Click the START button to open the contents of the root directory.
- Items with a '>' at the end of them are directories. If you click them they will expand.
- If you right click while in a directory above the root, then the currently open directory will be closed and you will return to the
previous directory.
- To run files simply click on them. Again, programs that require arguments are not supported as of version 0.1.
- Clicking anywhere that is black will cause all expanded windows to close and the start menu to be returned to.
- Scroll with the mouse wheel to view files that may not be currently displayed (this will only be applicable if there are too many files to
be displayed at once!)
- To pass arguments to a program, simply click on the program and enter your arguments as you would a normal program in the text
field provided. DO NOT INPUT THE PROGRAM NAME IN YOUR ARGUMENT LIST!
- To exit the program, simply press backspace at any time.

The change log is listed in the script, so there you will find minor fixes and the like, but major features will be posted in this thread if I continue this project.

Please give credit where it is due if you'd like to use this program.
Only color computers can run this program!

Screenshots:
Spoilerhttp://imgur.com/a/HbNls

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/GRp5T3JZ

Thanks for reading,
Payment.
Cruor #2
Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:33 PM
D: will you steal my soul for using this?!
Offtopicness aside, would be nice with some picture :D/>/> You know how some users go crazy if you lack picturez :)/>/>
BigSHinyToys #3
Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:37 PM
This is good only problem is it doesn't handle folders with more items that the screen hight in them example 300 + files / folders.
If I had my programs in a programs folder this would be quite a nice little app.
Grim Reaper #4
Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:10 PM
This is good only problem is it doesn't handle folders with more items that the screen hight in them example 300 + files / folders. If I had my programs in a programs folder this would be quite a nice little app.

Fixed that. It seems to me that you didn't read the entire post… :D/>/> Added screenshots too.
Grim Reaper #5
Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:41 PM
* Changed scrolling from click oriented to mouse-wheel oriented.
pbcub1 #6
Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:25 AM
this is simple
————————————————————————————-
STOP WITH THESE LINKS. Kthx
~Cruor
BigSHinyToys #7
Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:41 AM
this is simple
–LINK –
Don't go to the above posts link. It gives him Microsoft points it is not in any way Computer Craft related.
pbcub1 #8
Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:54 AM
this is simple
–LINK –
Don't go to the above posts link. It gives him Microsoft points it is not in any way Computer Craft related.
the like is supposed to be a sig but the message was related to this