This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
873Project's profile picture

Speakers & Wired / Wireless Cameras.

Started by 873Project, 03 November 2012 - 03:33 AM
873Project #1
Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:33 AM
Hi guys I think that cameras and speakers should be added to play music like a juke box and there could be a program to make you own music or a type of code
os.runsound(pitch, length) 
Or
os.playnote(pitch, length)
Or they could be used to make an advanced CCTV system if they made a microphone block to record sounds too or the microphone could be integrated into the camera.

It might sound a bit weird but I think it's cool.
Tiin57 #2
Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:56 AM
FOR FUCK'S SAKE. NO MORE GODDAMN CAMERA SUGGESTIONS.
Edit: Immature of me. But if I could, I would slap you in the face. I'm that upset.
casr144 #3
Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:59 AM
Calm down. I know it's suggested a lot (every single minute of every single day) but you don't have to rage at him.
willhoot #4
Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:01 AM
Ok the speaker thing would be kind of cool, if you could load MP3s in the file of the computer(simple copy paste in the file system) and play them in minecraft. but I have yet to see why we need cameras.
873Project #5
Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:27 AM
FOR ****'* SAKE. NO MORE GODDAMN CAMERA SUGGESTIONS.
Edit: Immature of me. But if I could, I would slap you in the face. I'm that upset.
What I mean is a CCTV camera shaped block that uses the kind of code used in the redpower 'redstone timer' to swivel the camera block when you are choosing a different place to look at and it would be used more to just detect entites and players it would send different kind of signal depending on which one is and mabey it could send different information depending on how far away the entity is I probally should of specified this rather than saying 'an advanced CCTV system'.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes.
Dlcruz129 #6
Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:39 AM
There have been lots of suggestions for cameras, but unfortunately it would never work. Using a modem would lag the server, and bundled cables can only transmit 40 bytes/s
Tiin57 #7
Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:41 AM
I don't care what your justification is. Find an unlocked camera topic and post there. Don't make a new one.
ChunLing #8
Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:29 PM
And if you cannot find an unlocked camera topic, then take a hint.
Luanub #9
Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:02 PM
Both of these have been suggested multiple times…… I'm not sure why people have such a hard time reading and following the rules…

READ THIS: Search First and Rules!
Cruor #10
Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:43 AM
And if you cannot find an unlocked camera topic, then take a hint.
This, locked.